Quiet village position 5 min walk to shops, banks, restaurants and outdoor pools
Surrounded by beautiful countryside and full of character this spacious 100 year old traditional property has been fully renovated and is well equipped for modern day living.The house is managed locally by English/Spanish speaking managers, who have access to all local services and are available to provide assistance if required during the holiday.
Surrounded by high white walls this spacious 4 bedroomed property is set back from the road and accessed through double gates leading into a pretty courtyard garden which makes the property both very private and secure. The house is entered from the courtyard garden through double glazed doors into the dining hall, the kitchen, lounge, two bedrooms and the family bathroom are all situated on the ground floor and are accessed from the dining hall. On the second floor is a large double bedroom with ensuite bathroom and a further twin bedroom which overlook the courtyard garden. Along the side of the house is a split level sunny patio with raised flower beds and shrubs which is accessed from the lounge through double patio doors. Adjacent to the patio and courtyard is a gravelled area that houses a Chimenea barbecue, drying area and access to the utility room. Further double gates give access to ‘off road’ parking for a small car; parking for larger vehicles is outside the gates on the road.
A general information sheet with further details about the property together with a layout plan of the property and detailed road route from Malaga airport to Humilladero are available on request.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
We were a group of four mature adults not looking to spend our holiday at the beach but exploring the sights Andulacia has to offer.We weren't disappointed & this accommodation is in an ideal location to access the motorway system. Seville,Cordoba, Granada,Ronda & the coast are all within a one & a half hour drive, which includes some spectacular scenery. The spacious accommodation is clean, fully equipped & any problem is swiftly dealt with. The village of Humilladero has several small supermarkets & bars & the nearby town of Antequera has plenty on offer.We thoroughly enjoyed what this part of Spain has to offer & it was a bonus to return to this delightful house at the end of each day. We strongly recommend this property.
From the Owner
Activity and Interests
The many coastal towns and beaches of the Costa de Sol including Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Puerto Banus and Marbella can be reached within a 1-1½ hr drive from the village.
The village is situated a 45/60 minutes drive from Malaga airport and 1½ hrs from Granada airport and easily accessed by the areas excellent motorways. Car hire is essential for the area and is available on site at the airports. There are local bus services and local rail networks both in Antequera and Bobadilla. The fast Madrid-Marbella (AVE) train station is close by at Santa Anna. Tickets must booked before the day of travelling from all stations.
Places of interest from Humilladero village
Antequera Town 10 mins drive
El Torcal 20 mins drive
Fuente de Piedra 10 mins drive
Valle de Abdalajis 40 mins drive
El Chorroe and
Ardales Lakes 40 mins drive
Rhonda and Granada 1 hr 30 mins drive
Cordoba and Seville 2 hrs drive
Humilladero is a typical Spanish ‘white ‘village and is situated near to the historic Moorish town of Antequera. The village is now growing in size but still retains it's own character and charm. The area surrounding the village is one of farming, olive oil and wine production. There are various types of shops, banks (ATM), bars and restaurants in the village. There is also a weekly market, an attractive and inexpensive open air swimming pool and cafe which has both adult and baby pools, where you can take a picnic and is open during the local schools summer holidays. All the villages amenities are within a short walk from the house. Just outside the village is a supermarket and an excellent Chinese restaurant and a food shop catering for the needs of the local British community is situated 5 minutes away by car in the nearby village of Mollina. Larger supermarkets, designer shops, many more bars and restaurants can be found in the bustling town of Antequera.
A short walk from the house is the area known as the Sierracilla, a pine tree clad hillside ideal for walking where you will find an attractive picnic and barbecue area. For a more demanding terrain visit the nearby area of El Torcal which has remarkable ancient rock formations, walking trails, outstanding views and an interesting visitor centre or the Valle de Abdalajis an area well known for rock climbing and approximately a 40 minute drive away from the village.
Canoeing and Kayaking can be found at The Ardales Lakes near the El Chorro nature reserve where there is a beautiful gorge. A flamingo lagoon and visitor center are to be found in the village of Fuente de Piedra just a 10minute drive from the village. The well known Washington Irving route passes through Humilladero village. The famous travel writer and historian describes his journey from Seville to the beautiful Alhambra palace in Granada in his 19th century book 'Tales of the Alhambra'.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Changeover day is flexible to enable access to less expensive mid week flights.
Notes on prices:
Longer letting of the property on a monthly basis with special rates is available. Please contact the owner for further information.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Family Shower Room - white suite, vanity unit with storage drawers/shelving and large illuminated mirror, large double shower, electric towel rail, laundry basket, bathroom stool and ceiling fan. En-suite shower room adjacent to bedroom 1 with white suite, double shower, bathroom trolley, large wall mounted illuminated mirror. and laundry bag.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7(4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1) double bed, 2 bedside units, 2 double wardrobes/drawers, dressing table with mirror and stool, Full length wall mounted mirror, Wall mounted electric air con/heater unit. 2) twin beds, double wardrobe/drawers, chest of drawers, Wall mounted electric air con/heating unit. 3) twin beds, double wardrobe, bedside units, wall mounted electric panel heater, ceiling and floor standing fan. 4) large single bed, 2 bedside units, double wardrobe/drawers, Wall mounted electric panel heater, Ceiling fan.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is ideal for both families and couples of all ages and is situated in a quiet part of the village within easy walking distance to all village amenities. The floors throughout the house are tiled with two steps down from the dining hall into the lounge. All rooms have either ceiling fans or wall mounted air conditioning/heating units. Being built of traditional construction the house is cool in summer and warm in winter. Outside: The property is accessed through double metal gates into a courtyard garden with two steps leading up onto a large patio, double wooden doors lead into the house, a double split level sunny tiled patio with raised garden beds is accessed from the lounge and a large graveled area where there is a Chimenea barbecue, drying area and utility room. An 8ft inflatable circular pool and accessories are available for use if required and are stored in the utility room. Further double gates give seperate access to off road parking for a small a car. Larger vehicles can be parked on road outside the gates. All garden tables, chairs, loungers and parasol are stored in the utility room. There is store room for wood and general maintenance and gardening equipment by the entrance gates . Utility Room: with Electric hot water boiler and timer, washer/dryer, airing rack, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner, cleaning equipment, garden furniture and parasol. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property will be cleaned before each rental. On arrival beds will be made up with fresh linen and house towels will be stored in shower rooms. Beds will be changed at the end of the rental. Extra linen is available. Other: Dining Hall - with table and 6 chairs, sideboard, wall unit, telephone/internet point (wi fi). Electric panel wall heaters, large ceiling fan.