Apartment in Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Perfect Location, Only 2 Mins Level Walk To The Enchanting Roof Terrace And Harbourside Restaurants
Top floor duplex apartment on the popular Mediterranean apartment development located just 2 minutes walk to the town centre. There are 5 shared swimming pools (various sizes) in well maintained mature gardens. The apartment is spilt over two levels with a sizeable sea view balcony on the lower floor and private roof terrace on the supper floor. The accommodation offers, on the first level, the main bedroom, shower room/toilet and the open plan living area comprising of a fully equipped kitchen, dining area and lounge with air conditioning throughout (one of the sofas doubles up as a sofa bed which extends the capacity to 6 persons). On the top floor of the apartment is a fully-tiled wet room, a twin bedroom , a kitchenette (washing machine and sink) storage area and door leading to a private roof terrace boasting full sun all day, perfect for sunbathing barbecues/evening meals.
About the Owner
We are a professional couple living in South East of England who fell in love with Kalkan as soon as we arrived. We had no intention of buying a holiday home but after our second day trip over a period of two years we bought this property. It was the beauty of the town, the weather and the friendliness of the local people that gently persuaded us to buy. Now like all regular visitors and home owners to Kalkan we too describe the moment we glimpse Kalkan from over the mountains as "coming home".
From the Owner
“Kalkan has not been touched by mass tourism, and as a result remains unspoilt, upmarket and very charming, with amazing views at every turn. Strict building codes ensures the towns' historic preservation, and the many fine restaurants contribute to the special atmosphere. Narrow cobbled streets that wind away from the harbour with bougainvillea, covered wooden ottoman balconies and historic architecture are typical of the Old Town and the warm Turkish hospitality.”
Activity and Interests
Kalkan town beach (small white pebbles) situated next to the harbour 5mins walk away. The famous Kaputas beach is sited at the foot of an extensive gorge and has magnificent scenic views. It can only be accessed by steep steps (180) or by boat. Approx. 10mins by car/taxi. Patara, Turkey's longest beach 18kms of soft sand and big dunes. Nearby ancient ruins of Patara City. Approx. 20mins by car/bus. Kalkan bay hosts a number of beach clubs reached by "free" water taxis.
Dalaman is the nearest airport, approximately 1.30 hours by taxi. Should you require airport transfer or car hire please contact us.
Nearest large town, Kas, is approximately 29 km to the east and is easily reached by car or local bus along a coastal road with magnificent views.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-refundable deposit of £150 per booking is required to secure reservation, balance to be paid 6 weeks prior to departure date. For late bookings the total amount is payable immediately.
A £100 refundable deposit is required to cover possible damages.
Price does not include flights, insurance, airport transfers or car hire.
Please contact owner for further information if necessary.
Changeover day is flexible. Apartment should be vacated by 10am on day of departure to allow sufficient cleaning time before the next client. This can be more flexible depending on interval between bookings. Please contact owner.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining Area
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room/toilet 1 - ground floor, shower, wc, wash hand basin and shaving point. Shower room 2 - upper floor, shower, wc, wash hand basin and shaving point.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 ground floor, air conditioned, double bed fitted wardrobe, hair dryer, French door to Juliet balcony with sea view, screen door to main balcony. A safety deposit box for guest use Bedroom 2 upper floor, air conditioned, twin beds, sea view.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Notes on accommodation: No smoking indoors. No pets. Bath towels should not be used as beach towels. Air conditioning units should be turned off when away from the apartment. Flexible times for check-in and out. Changeover days (flexible). Outside: 5 shared swimming pools, sized from large to boutique, set in well maintained manicured/landscaped gardens. Dedicated sunbeds and cushions are provided for your sole use and numbered with the Apartment No. Utility Room: On upper level, equipped with sink for hand-washing, automatic washing machine, iron and ironing board, clothes drying rack with pegs and plenty of space of luggage storage. Screen door to roof terrace. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, beach towels, bed linen are provided and changed weekly. Other: Private roof terrace, table, chairs, sun loungers and BBQ, amazing views of Kalkan Bay/Harbour/the islands. Perfect for sunbathing/cocktails whilst the sun goes down/romantic dinner/BBQ