House in Lindry, Nr Auxerre, Burgundy, France - Peaceful Location In Picturesque Village With Fantastic Restaurant. 30 Mins From Chablis
This beautiful 300 year old oak-beamed village house has exposed stone walls and original tomette tiles in the living area. A pretty courtyard breakfast garden leads through french doors off the kitchen and a larger rear garden with mature trees, shaded terrace and private pool is prefect for whiling away the hours. Extremely well equipped and comfortable, it is ideally located less than 2 hours drive from Paris and Eurodisney, half an hour from Chablis and close to the top of the Cote D'Or. The house is also fortunate to be less than 5 minutes walk from Les Gres, a stunningly original restaurant created in Lindry by award-winning chef Jerome Bigot.
Top Traveller Review
Thank you so much for your lovely review - I am delighted that you loved the house, and had the relaxing holiday you were all hoping for. With our very best wishes, Elizabeth
About the Owner
(4 traveller reviews)
We have just returned from holiday here and all agreed it has been the best house we've ever rented (and we've had some wonderful ones, and some right Scooby Doo Towers in our time!!) It's huge, in a simple, pretty, virtually empty village (most were on holiday themselves, down south, it seems!) with ample hiding space for us and our 5 kids, aged 10-22. The pool, whilst unheated, is sparkling clean, thanks to the pool robot and the ministrations of Bernard next door who slipped in unobtrusively every so often and did some magic with it. There is table tennis, loads of DVDs and toys (every day we discovered a new board game or a surprising box of wooden railway stuff etc), and a collection of books that my bibliophile son was engrossed in, sat in his 'reading chair', undisturbed, on the gallery for hours at a time. There are also loads of things to do in the area (Guedelon, the mediaeval reconstruction of a castle is here, for one) and we alternated between days of culture and days of doing very little at all, just mooching, swimming and sunbathing. The bedrooms were huge, and the bedlinen/mattresses very clean and extremely comfortable (I'm afraid this is a 'marker' now: we've stripped too many rented beds and wept at the state of the mattresses!!). But this is not a pristine, white-surfaced, shiny and bland/modern house: this is a home where you honestly feel like you're staying in a friend's home, and it has a real warmth that goes with that. We are certainly coming away from it feeling very affectionate of the house and stunning, sprawling countryside in the area, and without sounding too gooey, I hope, are very appreciative of the fact that we've made some really great family memories in this house. Gorgeous place!
Fantastic family holiday home in a peaceful setting. Blissful cycling through the rolling landscape, wine tasting in Chablis, Chateau's & high wire adventures in a nearby forest. Toucy Saturday market is a gem. A comfortable family home as oppose to a flash holiday let but nonetheless perfect for a relaxing stay in this quiet corner of France.
Chilling in Lindry
We spent ten days at this house taking along my parents as they’d never been to France before. The House is more than comfortable - very spacious and really pleasant to stay in... felt like home! There is a table tennis table which the kids and husband loved. The garden was just the right size for us and when my father had had enough of the sun, he’d pull a deck chair out and sit in the shade of a tree and read, just far enough away from the pool and our noisy kids! It is very functional for having lunch as well or just chilling throughout the afternoon. The house has a really good feel and is tastefully done out and has everything you need. We loved our stay so much we are due back again in 2014!
relaxing family property
My family spent a week at this property with two other families, and we all had a wonderful week. The property has a relaxed and homely feel with plenty of space for the 6 adults and 7 children in our group to spread out and enjoy ourselves. Even though we visited in late autumn we made use of the pretty, secure garden. We used the property as a base for a day trip to Paris and also enjoyed exploring the local area, including to Chablis. A highlight for the children was a local adventure forest with zip wires for all ages. The property was very comfortable and well equipped and on days when the autumnal weather got the better of us we were all very happy to stay at 'home'. Without hesitation I would recommend this property to families of all ages and certainly hope to visit again.
Activity and Interests
2 hours from Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris
4.5 hours drive from Calais
Paris is 1.5 hours by train from Laroche Migennes - perfect for a day trip!
Use of a car is recommended to really enjoy all the area has to offer.
Parisian favourite Toucy is just 10 mins by car as is Auxerre.
Chablis is just 30 mins drive, Sancerre is 1 hr 15 mins and Beaune is 1 hr 40 mins.
Paris and Eurodisney are around 2 hours drive.
This is a beautiful part of the Burgundy with rolling countryside, fields of sunflowers and idyllic villages. In Lindry itself there is the award winning Les Gres restaurant along with an epicerie, a post office and tennis courts. There are further excellent restaurants and shops in Toucy, Auxerre, Chablis, Saint Fargeau and the bustling market on Saturday mornings in Toucy is a magnet for foodies. There are many stunning chateaux within easy reach of Lindry and many other attractions including the construction of a 'medieval' chateau at Guedelon, a stunning chateau and night show at St Fargeau (summer only), the lovely town of St Armand en Puisaye, famous for its pottery - lovely for wandering around the dozens of potteries and stopping off in a restaurant or café, the world heritage site Vezelay with it's Basilique Sainte-Marie-Madeleine, nearby prehistoric caves - the Grottes D'Arcy, the beautiful medieval buildings and cathedrals in Auxerre, the picturesque Yonne river with many villages and restaurants along its' banks, Chablis with its vineyards and wine tasting - not to mention Sancerre, Gevrey Chambertain, Nuits Saint Georges, Meursault and Beaune all within easy reach. Alongside Eurodisney and Nigoland there are two adventure forests with climbing and zip-wires for all ages which will appeal to children and a wonderful medieval ferme du chateau at Saint Fargeau where they can get hands-on with the animals.
There are many guidebooks and leaflets at the house together with an information folder but don't forget to spend some time relaxing!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Jun 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Prices include gas, electricity, heating, linen, local taxes and changeover costs. A 25% cancellation deposit is required to confirm a reservation and is non-refundable if cancellation takes place less than 6 weeks before the lease date. Full payment is required 6 weeks before arrival. A damage deposit of £200 is required. Telephone charges and damages, if any, will be deducted from the deposit and the remainder returned within 4 weeks.
Changeover day is generally Saturday with arrivals after 4pm and departures by 10.30 am. We can, however be flexible with our bookings so please do ask if you want to arrange alternatives.
25% deposit due at time of booking
balance to be paid 6 weeks prior to the holiday start date
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 is en-suite to the family room with a bath/shower over, wc and washbasin. Bathroom 2 has a bath/shower over, wc and washbasin. There are 2 additional wcs.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 adults plus children (5 beds) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom 2 with double bed and sofa bed Bedroom 3 with double bed Bedroom 4 is a family room with 3 single beds and a double futon Bedroom 5 with a double futon Also available, 3 camp beds and 2 travel cots
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is extremely comfortable and flexible. With the inclusion of sofa beds in two rooms it is easy to create space for two or three families. Additional camp and cot beds are also available, all with linen and duvets. The three main doubles also have beautiful French quilts on the beds. Outside: The front garden is a pretty courtyard garden planted around the edges with lavender and herbs. It has a wooden table with 6 chairs and a parasol. French doors lead from the kitchen and a there is a door to the utility room. The rear garden is planted with mature trees and shrubs. There is a shaded terrace with a table and six chairs. There are also sun loungers, deck chairs and a hammock. There is a private pool, all-weather table-tennis, trampoline, boules and badminton. Large gas bbq. Storage in the garage fully equipped with outdoor plates, serving dishes and glasses and a there is a large fridge freezer. Utility Room: The utility room has a washing machine and a tumble dryer. There is also a large sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are included in the rental. The property is cleaned for your arrival and all beds are made up with fresh, good quality bedlinen. Other: Dining room: large fireplace, coffee table with four easy chairs. Leather armchair. Many games including chess, backgammon, scrabble, monopoly and cards. There is also a dining table with 8 chairs and antique French sideboard. iPod dock.