Bungalow in Porthtowan, Cornwall, England - Elevated Position, Vast Decked Area, 5 Minute Walk To The Beach
The Crab Pot is a modern, open plan family home with ample private parking. Open the French doors from the living room onto a decking that spans the length of the property. For those ready to relax, breathtaking views await and for those ready to play a large enclosed garden. Situated between St Agnes and Portreath, Porthtowan boasts a gorgeous sandy beach and Victorian tidal pool with RNLI lifeguards operating on the beach during the summer months.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
The Crab Pot (formally known as St Andrews) is owned by a local crab and lobster fisherman, hence the name choice. Working a small boat out of Trevaunance Cove in the nearby village of St Agnes.
2 holidaymaker reviews
This property is equipped to the highest standard and quality. The location was minutes walk away from the beach with a great pub within walking distance. It was an ideal location to do coastal walks and explore Cornwall. St Agnes nearby is a gem. We had not brought towels but one quick phone call and they were supplied. Even though weather was changeable we had a fantastic time and hope to return one day!
This is one of the best cottages I have stayed in. Beautiful views over Porthtowan and the cottage lacked nothing.
The welcome pack was more than generous and the accommodation of the highest standards. We were a family of 6 adults, but the cottage would be equally suited to a family with young children.
We prefer to cook ourselves and enjoy a nice meal and a few glasses of vino, and the kitchen had everything we needed, including the implements to clean crabs! Will definitely look out for this cottage next time we want to come to Cornwall.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the location of this property as soon as we stepped foot in the front garden. A panoramic view of the ocean, coast and countryside was there for the taking. A perfect spot for a family who love an outdoor lifestyle.”
Activity and Interests
Porthtowan Beach is a 5 minute walk downhill, great for surfing, swimming and sunbathing. The Blue bar will be open to enjoy food and drinks whilst overlooking the beach.
Chapel Porth and Trevaunance Cove at St Agnes are a short drive away. Chapel Porth can also be reached on foot by following the coast path which can be joined a few minutes from The Crab Pot or from Porthtowan Beach at low tide. A delicious Hedgehog ice cream will await you at the cafe at Chapel Porth.
Truro and Redruth Train Station are both within 7 miles.
Newquay airport is 30 minutes away by car.
Use of a car would be recommended.
Falmouth, Newquay and St Ives are half an hour away.
The Eden Project is about 30 miles away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2017 - 15 Apr 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
15 Jul 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
30% of total rental fee payable with signed Rental Agreement & Booking Form secures reservation, plus £250 security deposit refundable after check-out. Balance due 8 weeks before arrival.
Contact owner for further details.
Saturday is the changeover day.
Departure by 10am and arrival after 3pm please.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“From The Crab Pot you can easily access all the North Coast beaches, but equally you are only half an hour from the South Coast. The raised decked terrace is perfect for enjoying a beautiful sunset. If fresh seafood is your thing, guests will have special rates for fresh fish, crab and lobster from the local fishermen.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower onto a tiled pebbled floor Family bathroom with bath and shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with King Size bed and sea views Bedroom 2 with double bed Bedroom 3 with bunk beds (full size) There is a space for a cot in all 3 bedrooms
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Pets considered upon enquiry. Property is strictly no smoking. Outside: To the rear, a private patio and decking with built in BBQ. A real suntrap. To the front, a large enclosed lawn and decking that runs the length of the property, perfect for watching the sunset over the sea. A picnic bench with seating for 6 is on the decking. Private parking for at least 3 cars. Utility Room: Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer at the property Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen included Other: Dinning room includes a table that seats 6.