House and Cottage in Festalemps, Aubeterre Sur-Dronne/Riberac, Dordogne - Peaceful Location Close To Local Amenities Including: Golf, Walking, Cycling, Tennis And Canoeing.
Chez Jean Brun is situated on the outskirts of Festalemps in a hamlet of three properties. Once you enter through the private gates, you will find a beautifully converted 3 bedroom barn, which comprises the principal residence. The barn retains original features, along with modern technology including: Wi Fi, 3D Smart Tv including UK channels. The barn has been recently refurbished, sparing no expense with all new beds, sofas and decorations, including many antiques.
Across the court yard you will find the cottage, which is a converted traditional workers cottage. This property is self sufficient with its own fully equipped kitchen, family bathroom and two large double bedrooms. Behind the cottage is a private sun terrace. The property includes a private heated swimming pool and large gardens of approx 4 acres, which include many fruits, vegetables and herbs growing. The property is in walking distance of marked MTB and walking trails and close to many local attractions.
Closest towns are Riberac which hosts the largest regional market every Friday and Aubettere sur Dronne, voted one of France's most beautiful villages. Both towns and surrounding area boasts a huge variety of restaurants and activities suitable for all ages and interests. An ideal location for families looking for a variety of activities to suit all ages. There are two large lakes nearby with both have playgrounds, picnic areas and restaurants.
About the Owner
We live in Hong Kong, with our 18 month old son, however are originally from the UK.
Having lived amongst the frantic buzz of Asia for the last 7 years we, decided to purchase a holiday home to give us somewhere to relax and spend time with family on our visits to Europe. We purchased Chez Jean Brun as a holiday home and family meeting place.
Both of us have a long history with France. Rob spent most of his childhood and early adult life travelling to the South West of France on Family holidays. Charlie lived and worked in France in her early 20's and is a fluent French speaker.
CJB was the only property we viewed when looking for a home, after our first visit we immediately fell in love with the place and agreed to the sale within a matter of days.
From the Owner
“The area around Chez Jean Brun includes a huge variety of things to do. The attractions are the many towns of the Dordogne and nearby Charente region to visit, as well as the close proximity to the vineyards of the Bergerac and Bordeaux wine regions. Whilst the house is set in a very private and peaceful location, its very close to local amenities in Aubeterre sur Dronne and Riberac. These include: local markets, hypermarkets, restaurants, shops and many more. The local cycling and walking trails in the village of Festalemps are within ten minutes walk of the house. In addition to this, Aubettere sur dronne offers a lake with artificial beach, Golf, Tennis and Canoeing.”
Activity and Interests
There are many inland artificial beaches in the Dordogne, the nearest is in Aubeterre sur Dronne, approx ten mins drive.
The nearest main beach can be found in the town of Lacanau, approx 1hr 45mins.
Bordeaux airport is approx. 80 mins drive, Bergerac 60mins.
Car is recommended due to the rural nature of the property. Train stations available in Angouleme, Libourne, Coutras, Perigueux which offer connectivity to major towns including Paris, Bordeaux etc.
St Emilion - 60kms, approx 45 mins drive.
Aubeterre sur dronne 9kms
Within the two nearby towns of Riberac and Aubeterre sur drone you will find local shops, restaurants and supermarkets. Riberac has one of the largest regional Markets every Friday.
The Bergerac and Bordeaux wine regions are accessible in less than an hour, with many chateau to visit.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Minimum 7 nights stay, check in day Saturday
Upon reservation confirmation a 50% deposit is payable. The balance is payable 60 days prior to arrival.
Cancellations can be made with full refund no later than 60 days prior to check in, after which 50% refund will be made within one month and no refund for less than 30 days notice.
A damage deposit is also payable of 500GBP. This is refunded upon confirmation of the condition of the property
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Absolute privacy and peace and quiet. Whilst remaining the convenience of being close to two popular towns with all the facilities these offer. The house has its own private gated entrance, and is situated in a quiet hamlet of three houses. Once through the gates, the house is set amongst 5 acres of gardens, including a variety of fruit, vegetable and herbs growing. The property is unique in that the accommodation is split across two properties, both of which are fully equipped including kitchens and bathrooms, allowing two or more families to enjoy the property, whilst retaining some privacy at the same time. When we stay at the house, we typically stay in the larger 3 bed main house, with guests staying in the 2 bedroom cottage. We have also equiped both houses with new home appliances including TVs and coffee machines as well as Wifi. The pool is heated and can be shaded which is ideal for families of all ages. This is our personal holiday home so the property is furnished with all the home comforts a family needs”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- water parks
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- roller blading
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Barn - downstairs toilet Barn - family bathroom, with shower and bath. Barn - ensuite bathroom/toilet Cottage - family bathroom, with bath, shower and toilet.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom - double ensuite wetroom, balcony and walk in closet. Bedroom 2 - 2 singles or 1 double, dresser, fitted wardrobes. Bedroom 3 - double bed, wardrobe. Cottage bedroom 1 - double bed and baby cot. Cottage bedroom 2 - double bed
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Accommodation is ideal for two families travelling together, or larger groups due to the flexibility of the accommodation and the two kitchens and living rooms and outside eating areas. Parking is available for 2-3 cars. The owner uses the property regularly so the accommodation is well set up for entertaining and comfort. Outside: The private swimming pool is typically open from May to late September and is regularly cleaned. The property has many outdoor eating areas for either large or small groups and new garden furniture including new sun loungers, dinner table, BBQ and parasols. Pool safe crockery and glasses are also provided for your convenience. Utility Room: Large utility room with washing machine, drying area, laundry area including sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property is cleaned and linen changed weekly. Bed linen and bath towels provided. Mid week laundry change or cleaning services also available. Our locally based housekeeper is on hand to ensure your stay goes smoothly. Other: Dining room with large dining table, kitchen has extendable dining table which can also seat 8-10 providing many options for dinner parties. Several outdoor eating areas including extendable dinning table for large groups. BBQ, sun loungers and parasols