House in Lower Mill Estate, Nr. Cirencester, The Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, England - Peaceful Private Lakeside Location, With Spectacular Views
Lake View is our contemporary lakeside home located in an unrivalled position on an exclusive private estate set within a nature reserve. Lower Mill Estate comprises approximately 550 acres just outside Cirencester and is a wildlife haven with eight lakes and two rivers, including the upper reaches of the Thames, together with acres of woodland and countryside all of which are there to be explored! A luxurious private spa is available to our guests which offers an extensive range of health and beauty treatments, indoor and outdoor heated pools, an unheated Eco pool, sauna, steam room, gymnasium & tennis court. The position of Lake View is truly exceptional as it is one of only three South facing properties occupying the exclusive 'peninsula', a quiet private backwater overlooking Somerford Lagoon, the largest lake on the estate. The house is beautifully furnished and sleeps up to seven people with an open plan double height living/dining/kitchen area with real 'WOW' factor.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are a busy London family, with two teenage daughters and have been owners at Lower Mill since 2005 and continue to enjoy the wonderful rejuvenating and de-stressing effect it has on the whole family. We use the house regularly ourselves, so it is not rented all the time, and is kept in tip-top condition ready for our guests.
When our daughters were younger, Lower Mill provided a freedom far-removed from the restrictions of city life and new friends were (and continue to be) made on every visit. Within no time, mobile phones and computers are replaced with swimming, cycling or just relaxing on, in or next to the lake! Real freedom for all the family, in a safe environment, so difficult to find these days, particularly within a couple of hours of London.
2 holidaymaker reviews
A wonderful stay at a truly magnificent home which was enjoyed by the whole family. The setting is breathtakingly beautiful and totally tranquil... It touches the soul. A great retreat with everything you could possibly need. Would thoroughly recommend.
Beautiful modern house in a perfect, private spot
A lovely, modern and well equipped house, right on the lake side. The house is in a fabulous spot, and incredibly private as it is not overlooked at all. Get up early (no choice with kids!) to enjoy the views as the sun comes up and make sure you are around when the birds are gathering as the sun goes down too. Never stayed in a more picturesque/memorable location before in the UK.
The facilities on the Estate are great and the pools are lovely - even the outdoor pool in October was great to use. Loads of other facilities too, but we had a lovely, lazy time instead.
From the Owner
“When buying our house, the position was of crucial importance to us, and we believe we have the best location at Lower Mill bar none. We are on a quiet peninsula, with access restricted only to us and a few neighbouring houses, with a truly ‘wild’ aspect across the largest of all the lakes (an important wildfowl reserve) – you literally aren’t aware of there being any other properties around you when looking out of our first floor panoramic windows, and unlike most properties at Lower Mill, we are not overlooked at all. We also have direct private access to the lake for canoeing or whatever else takes your fancy, and get the sunshine all day in our tranquil and private garden. Absolute heaven!”
Activity and Interests
Although inland, the Cotswold Country Park and Beach is a 20 minute walk away and has the largest inland bathing beach in the UK, lifeguarded during week-ends and school holidays from April.
It also includes adventure playgrounds, cafes and wonderful lakeside walks. Activities include peddalos, rowing boat and kayak hire, paddle boarding, raft building, and zorbing.
For the more adventurous, Head 4 Heights offers the chance to climb whilst under expert supervision.
Arrival by road couldn't be simpler. We are about 20 minutes from Junction 15 of the M5 and about 30 minutes from Junction 11a of the M5.
Having a car is certainly recommended, but Kemble Station (1hr 30 mins direct to Paddington) is only about a ten minute drive away, and Swindon Station about 25 minutes away (on the Cheltenham line).
The house is ideally situated for exploring the villages and countryside of the Cotswolds, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Cirencester - our beautiful local (Roman) market town - 15 mins drive.
Cheltenham - elegant Regency Spa town - approx 30 mins drive.
There are numerous attractions and places of interest within a short distance including Cotswold Wildlife Park, Sudeley Castle, Corinium Museum (Cirencester) to name only a few.
The estate is secure, secluded and in the middle of a nature reserve, but within easy reach of all the Cotswolds has to offer, including Michelin-starred restaurants, fascinating craft and antique fairs, farmers’ markets, country pubs and tempting delicatessens.
Cirencester is the 'local town' (15 minutes drive) and is a prime example of a traditional Cotswold market town with a lovely variety of shops restaurants and cafes and a weekly market. The town has a vibrant history stretching back to Roman times when it was a thriving centre for the wool trade, and most recently it played an important role in the Arts and Crafts movement.
The town has many lovely independent shops, restaurants and cafes as well as a large Waitrose, Tesco and M & S.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
14 Oct 2016 - 30 Oct 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
31 Oct 2016 - 15 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
16 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Please check availability on the calendar and contact us directly to discuss your requirements (t. 07930 434285, e. email@example.com).
We will send you a booking form for signature, and once received by us, together with Booking Deposit (generally £500), we will send confirmation to you.
The house may be occupied from 4.00pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure.
Sorry, but no stag or hen parties, no pets and no smoking in the house.
Full week bookings generally commence and end on Fridays, weekend breaks start on Fridays and end on Monday, midweek breaks start on Monday and end on Friday. During certain periods in the summer we only offer full weeks starting on a Friday.
Notes on prices:
All prices stated are per full week.
2 & 3 night weekend breaks (Fri/Sat/Sun) are charged at 75% of the weekly rate, 4 night breaks at 85%, and 5 nights or more at the full weekly price.
Please call or email for a precise quote and confirm availability (t. 07930 434284, e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
£500 booking deposit required to confirm all booking of up to two weeks (longer bookings by arrangement with the owners).
Full rental balance plus damage deposit due 6 weeks prior to arrival date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“In our view, and that of many of our guests, we are in the best position at Lower Mill. Incredible views and a truly 'natural' feel”
- Away From It All
- Holiday Complex
- Sports & Activities
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool
- Sauna ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- water parks
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- All highly specified with MIRA fittings, and slate, limestone and tile finishes. Ensuite 1: Bath with shower, basin, WC, heated towel rail Ensuite 2: Shower with 'deluge' head, basin, WC, heated rail Bathroom: Bath/shower, basin, WC, heated rail
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Ground floor: Bedroom 1: King size bed, en suite bath/shower, patio doors to lakeside terrace Bedroom 2: King size bed, en suite shower, patio doors to lakeside terrace Bedroom 3: Twin beds First floor: Snug/Occasional Bedroom with Single Sofa Bed
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The first floor living area has real 'wow-factor'. South facing, it gets the sun all day, and even when the weather turns nasty, the views are simply stunning. Furnishings are all of high quality with two large extremely comfortable sofas, an extendible glass dining table which will seat up to 10 people, high quality TV, DVD, Hi fi. Wi-fi is also available to our guests. Outside: Garden: There is a large lakeside terrace with an extendable table and 8 chairs plus two bench seats on which to sit and relax. A small private lawn runs to the lake edge where canoes can be launched or the brave can swim in the summer! First Floor Balcony: Extends for the full width of the house with a 'cafe' style table and chairs - a lovely place to sit and sunbathe or simply enjoy the view and tranquillity. Lower Mill Facilities: Our guests are welcome to use all the facilities that Lower Mill has to offer. This includes the luxurious spa with indoor and outdoor pools, gym, and a wide range of beauty and wellness treatments (LME to be paid directly for treatments). There is a hard tennis court, children's play area with trampoline, and the whole estate to explore and enjoy whether on foot, by bike or perhaps by canoe or sailing boat! Some of the lakes also offer trout, coarse and carp fishing for the anglers in the family. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Our rates include provision of one set of quality bed linen and towels are provided for up to 7 guests. The house will be prepared in advance of your arrival, and additional linen changes and/or cleaning can be arranged if desired. Other: Snug/Occasional Room: A small but cosy room with TV/DVD, well stocked bookshelves plus various games, beanbags and a sofa-bed.