Grade 2 listed Georgian manor house can sleep 15 adults in 7 doubles and 1 single room, can sleep more with additional beds/travel cots. NEW- We also have a separate ground floor apartment on site which can sleep 4 extra people, plus a first floor apartment sleeping upto 7 people. Set above the harbour in 3 acres of landscaped grounds, with views out to sea, and Hillsborough nature reserve. Shared use of grounds and garden. Guest lounge, separate dining room, large kitchen. Ample parking. With in walking distance of Hele beach.Quaint thatched pub with in walking distance.
Top Traveller Review
Fabulous family holiday
About the Owner
About Abigail Landon
I live with my partner and our 2 young children in lovely Ilfracombe. We moved here back in 2011 and have successfully run the house as a bed and breakfast, but we are hoping to spend more time together as a family and so have decided to let the house out.
Abigail Landon purchased this chateau / country house in 2011
Why Abigail Landon chose North Devon
We really love the location of the house. It is close to fantastic beaches, golf courses, and the south west coastal path. It is also in the perfect location to wonder down to the beautiful working harbour, and the fantastic restaurants of Ilfracombe. Its a great house for family and friends to get together and celebrate birthdays. weddings, or just have a super holiday all together under one roof.
What makes this chateau / country house unique
You can relax in the lovely lounge and play one of the board games we have here, or explore the 3 acres of shared garden, see if you can find the medieval pig sty! We have plenty of toys for younger children, a wii for slightly older. We also have a number of back carriers and slings available on request to free up some much needed space in your car.
Please enquire for availability by email or telephone. Terms and conditions provided on enquiry. 20% deposit payable to confirm booking, balance is payable 6 weeks prior to arrival. We also require a cautionary deposit of £500.00, payable before stay, and fully refundable.
Arrival for week and short breaks is Friday/Saturday from 4pm. Departure is 10am.
Notes on prices:
3 nights 80% of weekly stay, 4 nights 85%.
(2 traveller reviews)
Fabulous family holiday
It was the ideal place our large family gathering to celebrate my parents birthdays. The facilities were fantastic for our group aged 4 to 80yrs. We were delighted that the dining room was big enough for us all to eat together and the lounge was beautiful with plenty of sofas, games for the kids, a large tv and lovely views over the bay.We played badminton on the lawn and ate outside when the sun came out. The harbour & shops are just a few minutes walk away. We had some lovely walks and a really good meal at the Quay restaurant in the harbour. The adults and older kids had a fantastic day on Woolacombe beach boogie boarding which is a short car journey and the younger kids loved walking down to the harbour beach for a paddle, building sandcastles and an ice cream. Our hosts were very helpful settling us in and we have already booked in again for the New Year....we can't wait :)
What a great place for a family holiday! One of the best yet. It's not easy to find somewhere to accommodate our large family. We have five children and with their five partners and all the grandchildren we filled the eight bedrooms at Laston House. Nearly all the bedrooms are en-suite which everyone liked and the communal space was ample to cope with us all.
Abigail and Greg were brilliant, very welcoming and quietly supportive making the holiday very special. The garden could cope with al fresco dining, frisbee and football and the car park managed to hold our seven cars! There are loads of family friendly beaches and restaurants nearby.
This venue is to be recommended for large family holidays or would easily offer a good space for several families combining for a group holiday. I would definitely consider going back in the future. My youngest grand-daughter asked if I would buy the house so we could all live together….forever!! Ummm?
From the Owner
“We really love the location of the house. It is close to fantastic beaches, golf courses, and the south west coastal path. It is also in the perfect location to wonder down to the beautiful working harbour, and the fantastic restaurants of Ilfracombe. Its a great house for family and friends to get together and celebrate birthdays. weddings, or just have a super holiday all together under one roof.”
Activity and Interests
Hele beach is within a 10 minute walk, its a lovely cove great for rock pooling. Woolacombe is a 15 miunute drive away, as is croyde and saunton, these are all good sandy beaches and for surfing.
Nearest airport Exeter approx. 60miles away. Bristol is approx. 120 miles.
Exmoor 6 miles
Woolacombe beach 6 miles
Saunton Sands and Croyde beaches 8 miles
Barnstaple 10 miles
Arlington Court National trust 10 miles
Damian Hurst's Verity 10 min walk and visible from grounds.
Large number of restaurants and pubs around harbour and Fore street area.
3 art galleries around harbour
Tesco superstore 2 minutes by car.
From the Owner
“You can relax in the lovely lounge and play one of the board games we have here, or explore the 3 acres of shared garden, see if you can find the medieval pig sty! We have plenty of toys for younger children, a wii for slightly older. We also have a number of back carriers and slings available on request to free up some much needed space in your car.”
- chateau / country house
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Games
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Ground floor ensuite shower room
- Room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Ground floor ensuite shower room
- Shower room 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Seperate shower room for bedroom 4
- Room 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Ensuite shower room
- Room 6 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Ensuite shower room
- Room 8 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Ensuite shower room
- Room 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Room 7 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Ensuite bathrooms/shower rooms to all double rooms, single room has separate private shower room. Ground floor guest toilet.
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, Superking or twin bedroom
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, Ground floor kingsize bedroom
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Single Bed, Single bedroom, can interlink with room 3
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, Double bedroom which can accomadate an extra bed
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, Superking or twin bedroom, can also fit extra 2 single beds
- Bedroom 8 - 1 Large Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, Kingsize bed or twin beds
- Bedroom 7 - 1 Double Bed, A double bed, can interlink with room 8
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 18 (8 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 ground floor superking/twin, room 2 ground floor double,room 3 1st floor double, can interlink with room 4 single, room 5 double, can sleep 1 extra, room 6 superking/twin can sleep 2 extra, room 7 double, can interlink with room 8 superking/twin
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Max. occupancy: 18
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- Events Allowed
- children welcome ...
- Outside: 3 acres of gardens to explore. A nice flat lawn area. A bench and a couple of picnic tables. Barbecue. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and bath towels included. Please bring own beach towels. Other: The property has wifi available.