Villa on beautiful championship golf course, Nr. Castellon de la Plana, Valencia, Spain.
This large, beautifully presented, detached house stands in half an acre of land, with its own swimming pool, overlooking the golf course of Club de Campo del Mediterraneo and the surrounding hills The golf course is the home of Sergio Garcia and has been part of the European Tour for the last six years. It is some fifty miles north of Valencia, close to the large town of Castellon de la Plana and some three miles from some of the largest beaches in Spain.
Sleeping up to 7 people, it has two double bedrooms, one twin bedded double room, all with en-suite facilities and a single bedroom, also with its own en-suite, located by the pool. The house is essentially open plan, with an entrance hall leading directly to the large well furnished living room and a good sized dining room. The living room has sliding doors accessing the beautiful south facing terrace, where food and drinks can be enjoyed all day long.
About the Owner
I live in Surrey with my wife and we are both retired professional people. I built the house to my specification in 1992, well before retirement, on the basis that as you get older `old bones need plenty of sunshine`! The idea being that we would spend a reasonable amount of time in Spain. However, as we also spend time away on other holidays, we decided to rent the house for a limited number of weeks during the summer months.
From the Owner
“After some thought and investigation I decided upon this part of Spain (as opposed to Italy, south of France etc) because the area had been identified by the World Health Organisation as having the healthiest climate in Europe. It also has warm winters, unlike so many other European locations. Being a keen golfer, close proximity to a good golf course was essential. Unfortunately, having experienced the crowded courses in the south of the country, I did not want to be for ever queuing and waiting. By chance I stumbled across the Club de Campo del Mediterraneo golf club near Castellon, which has been part of the European Tour for the last six years. It is rarely busy, not costly, and is a little gem of a course. This area is also still a `Spanish` part of Spain which adds to its charm.”
Activity and Interests
The house overlooks the Championship golf course of Club de Campo del Mediterraneo. The club has a Spa, heated swimming pool plus 8 tennis courts (4 flood lit) together with a Bar and Restaurant.
The Port of Castellon, at Grau, has a Marina and very good restaurant facilities.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner.
Please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
Please note a weeks hire is defined as 7 nights accommodation at the property.
Please also note that the house is only available for rent from 25/4/15 until 7/11/15.
See Terms and Conditions
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house was built as a home and not as a rental villa. It is very comfortably furnished, is roomy and beautifully cool in the hot summer. Being set in its own half acre plot, it is not `cheek by jowl` with other properties and therefore you can enjoy privacy. Being on a south facing hill it enjoys sunshine all day and being only 120 yards from the golf course has splendid views across the whole course to the hills beyond. The integral swimming pool means that you only have to take a few paces to plunge in and cool off. The large south facing terrace is covered and enables breakfast, lunch and supper to be enjoyed with a great view. With all these advantages, it is only 7 minutes by car to the large town of Castellon and only about 3 to 4 miles from some huge beaches.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- live theatre
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom suite with dressing area, en suite bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, double wash basins, toilet and bidet. Two further large double bedrooms each with own en suite facilities. One single bedroom also with own shower and toilet facilities
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: In addition to the Satellite (SKY) TV the house has Free Wifi for use of the guests. Outside: The house is in a beautiful location. It is ideal for a relaxing, chilling out holiday in the sun and around the pool, or, for the more energetic, the championship golf course is a nine iron away! The house is located just 120 yards from the 7th fairway. Outside there are two separate terraces. One a large covered terrace overlooking the golf course to the south and the other, to the west, has a built- in BBQ. The kidney shaped pool is approximately 11 metres by 5 metres and has a lovely sunbathing area. Below the terrace there is a large garage where the golf buggy is kept, and a storage room leading off the garage. Please view the house plan to get a better idea of the layout. An attractive garden is maintained year round by a gardener, consisting primarily of lawn, and with an interesting selection of trees and shrubs. The property is fully fenced and has an electrically operated main gate, ensuring security during your stay. Utility Room: Leading off the kitchen, the utility area has a butlers sink, washing machine, tumble drier and additional storage cupboards. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels, including pool towels, and linen are provided. The house is professionally cleaned and all linen changed prior to your arrival. There is a `starter` pack of food and drink provided free to `get you started` on your holiday. Other: For a more comprehensive detail of the house and surroundings please `click` on our personal website, accessed at the bottom of this advert. This has many more photographs of the area and golf course. There is a golf buggy at the house for your use.