Cottage in Stow-on-the-Wold, The Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, England - Short Walk To The Town Square
The cottage is situated in Stow on the Wold which is one of the most popular small towns in the Cotswolds. Park Cottage is a warm friendly cottage. The beds are proving comfortable with a client even emailing to ask where they were all from as they had never slept so well! As you enter the cottage there is an area for wellies and coats, then through the inner door is the good size sitting room with comfy sofas and open log fire. There is a separate dining area with French doors out to the courtyard which is just lovely in the summer. The kitchen has a range cooker from which to cook your delicious suppers and cooked breakfasts! One of the bedrooms is downstairs and has access to the courtyard. There is a down stairs loo next to the bedroom. Upstairs are the two further bedrooms each with a double bed and there is an en suite bathroom to the master bedroom. There is also a separate wetroom by Fired Earth with a large power shower.
About the Owner
Passionate about the Cotswolds but now live in London as a Pilates instructor. My family are still in the Cotswolds and the cottage is my Mothers but I help her with it. I used to live in Park Cottage for a year so I know it well and can suggest lots of great places to eat and visit. Our own website should be very helpful.
Guestbook comments from the manager
“Had a very enjoyable stay in Stow. Cottage was very comfortable and cosy we all had a good time, time passed too quickly, can thoroughly recommend a stay at Park Cottage. Very cosy cottage! Had a lovely weekend!”.......Ruby, John, Andy, Dawn & Albert
“Really enjoyed the cosy homely ambience of Park Cottage. Time has passed too quickly but we hope to return soon. Snow in the Cotswolds was an added bonus. Lovely relaxing week – thank you”.....Dave & Jill and Chris & Lyn
“We all had the best time in this cottage and our friends in Honey Cottage. Relaxing, gorgeous and we really appreciated the “welcome” of short bread, tea, coffee & porridge. Thank you xx” .....Charlotte and the South Africans
“What a beautiful cottage to spend a girly weekend. It was a home from home in a gorgeous part of the world. Thank you.” .....Becs, Kelly, Lou, Lisa, Lucy and Gem
“We have had a fantastic weekend in your cottage. It’s in a beautiful location too."
From the Owner
“The cottage is in a great location being in Stow on the Wold one of the pretties and most popular little towns. Ideal situation to visit Buford, Chipping Campden, Bourton on the Water, Cheltenham, Cirencester, Tetbury and so forth. So many pretty villages nearby with fantastic pubs and also a 5 minute drive is the wonderful Daylesford Organic. Cotswold Farm Park is fantastic and only 15 minutes away. Cotswold Wildlife park at Buford is twenty minutes. Lots of outdoor activities to occupy you. A morning on the gallops with Richard Philips through to a polo lesson, clay pigeon shooting or hiring a bike. The cottage itself is so homely as it has been a home. No swedish furniture and we have expensive tiles, carpets, sofas and quality beds that guests love. We hope you enjoy the character of the cottage and the log fire.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Lots of riding nearby and if you want to bring a horse I can suggest somewhere nearby to keep him/her.
Car is strongly recommended to take full advantage of the Cotswolds.
Oxford is 30 miles
Cheltenham is 19 miles
Bourton on the Water is 4 miles
Cirencester is 19 miles
Chipping Campden is 10 miles
Fantastic location as the town has some very good pubs for food. Surrounding villages are also very well known for foodie pubs. Please see the website for full listings. Also on the website are lists of activities such as riding, clay pigeon shooting, National Trust properties, Gardens, towns of interest, Festivals in Cheltenham, racing, polo, pamper sessions, farm tours, yoga or Pilates weekends and I could keep going on!
Such a fantastic area with so much to do.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
The cottage website has a live availability calendar which displays prices.
Short breaks are available but you need to enquire.
Deposit is 50% and balance due 6 weeks prior to your stay.
£250 damage deposit is required in the form of a pre-authorised card or a dated cheque.
Fridays and Mondays
Notes on prices:
From £600 for a week up to £1000. Short breaks please enquire. Weekends range from £425 up to £1000 depending on the time of year.
Full Terms and Conditions are on our own website www.weekendinstow.co.uk
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Comfy Beds! Courtyard Log Fire Big shower”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En suite is literally a small bath with hand held shower and a basin (no loo). Main shower room is a wet room with a wc, window that opens, power shower with large head and stone basin. Downstairs is a wc with a window that opens and a shaver socket.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed, non working fire place, en suite which is a character bath and basin. Bedroom 2 with a double bed, next to the shower room. Bedroom 3 with a king bed is downstairs and has a wc next to it.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: There is off street parking for one small car. When I lived at the property I found I just parked on the road or side road outside which is free. Ceiling heights are good and men don't often feel it is too cottage-y! The owners prefer no children under 12 but please do ask if you would like to bring children and often we make exceptions! No dogs please. Smoking - outside in the courtyard please. Outside: Small Courtyard which is well stocked and in the summer we provide a table and chairs. During the winter there is a wall you can perch on. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Changeover days are Fridays and Mondays. Linen and towels are provided. If you are staying for two weeks you have a clean half way through with fresh linen and towels. Other: Dining room between the sitting room and kitchen which has lovely french doors that open to the courtyard.