Bungalow in Brufut, Atlantic Coast, Gambia - Peaceful Location, Just 5 Minutes Walk To The Beach And Sheraton Hotel
Situated in Brufut Gardens, opposite the Sheraton hotel our 3 bedroom detached bungalow with swimming pool provides a very peaceful retreat. It's a 6 minute stroll to the Sheraton Hotel where you will find miles of deserted beach and 3 minute walk to the main road which leads to all major areas in the Gambia. To the back of the house is a shady veranda (ideal for breakfast or an evening drink). Accommodation includes airport transfers and a daily maid which will be provided by our ‘Gambian family’. The family will also make themselves available to you if you would like to explore the Gambia in a more independent way. Pa has a large variety of trips to offer, but if there is anywhere you want to go he will take you. There are supermarkets a few minutes drive up the main road, and excellent quality local vegetables can be found for sale at the side of the road.
About the Owner
About Eleanor Hastings
Danny and Eleanor
Eleanor Hastings purchased this bungalow in 2006
Activity and Interests
6 minutes walk to the beach
Banjul airport 10 minutes drive. Car hire not recommended. Local taxis can be hailed on the main road, less than 5 minutes walk from the house. Our driver Pa has a 10 seater land rover and will be happy to take you wherever you want to go (local extra charge).
10 - 15 minutes drive from the main Senegambia 'strip'.
There are numerous bars, supermarkets, shops and restaurants within a few minutes drive.
Not far away here is a snake farm, a monkey park, a nature reserve, a crocodile pit to name just a few attractions.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Check availability calendar and contact us with your questions. If you decide to book, we will hold the reservation while you find out about flights. Booking is secured with a £100 deposit payable in sterling. Balance of payment (less £50) is due 8 weeks before departure, final £50 to be paid to our driver who will meet you at the airport.
Airport transfers and daily cleaning included in the price.
Flexible to fit in with scheduled flights.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-Suite to master bedroom has bath with shower attachment, separate shower, washbasin and toilet. Family bathroom has shower, washbasin and toilet Both bathrooms have hot water through separate boilers.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds (extra bed available on request) Double Sofa Bed in Lounge
- Notes on accommodation: Shady Veranda, Swimming Pool, Air Conditioning in Lounge and Ceiling Fans in Bedrooms. Fridge Freezer, Oven, Hob, Washing Machine. Internet Access - there is a ‘dongle’ in the house that can be credited and used for internet access. Power supply is adequate but as in many African countries can be haphazard. We have a small generator but it will not stand up to multiple use of appliances such as hair-dryers, toasters and electric kettles. It does support computers, battery chargers, radios, ipods etc. There is hot and cold water but the system is gravity fed, so please do not expect the kind of pressure you get in Europe. Outside: Outside is a fully tiled south facing garden with small swimming pool and a shady veranda with tables and chairs. There are also 2 sun loungers. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house is cleaned daily at no extra charge. The maid will also wash and iron your clothes. Bed linen and towels are changed twice weekly. We ask guests to bring their own beach towels.