Cottage in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 2TF, England
If you prefer to watch boats rather than be on one, how about a relaxing holiday in our 3 - 4 star holiday cottage. ‘Waterside’. Our 150 year old detached cottage, is a fun place to be and perfect for guests wishing to sit and relax while watching the boats. Available for short breaks throughout the year except Bank Holiday weeks when we only accept weekly bookings. Set in a working boatyard, it is perfect for families wishing to experience a different kind of holiday, with lots of boats coming and going. It is a 20-minute walk from a choice of shops, pubs and restaurants, and 25 minutes walk to a leisure centre. Situated on the edge of the Chiltern Hills, there are many National Trust properties, and other historic sights and places of interest nearby. We are unable to offer Day Boats for Hire, however we provide a list of local day boat operators. For further details please click onto the owners website at the bottom of this page.
About the Owner
Waterside is privately owned by James Griffin and has been a holiday cottage since 2001. As Managing Director of 'The Wyvern Shipping Co Ltd', which has built and hired luxury narrow boats on the Grand Union Canal since 1958, James knows all about quality and customer expectations. The cottage is maintained to the highest standards by the owner and boat yard staff. Any problems there is always some one available to assist.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a lovely time. The cottage is clean and comfy and the kitchen is the best we have ever found. Big dining table and really spacious dining room were a real bonus. Garden, views and accommodation all good. Hope to revisit soon. P&J Morgan
Lovely cottage, well equipped, great time together with friends. Thank you.
Well what can I say! Amazing! Lovely place to stay. So homely.
We have enjoyed 'people watching' in the conservatory. Nosing at all the boats and very much enjoyed a visit to Bletchley Park. Cottage very clean. Thanks very much.
From the Owner
“Waterside is a fantastic location for adults and children. Set in spacious well maintained boat yard grounds, which include large canal side lawn and picnic benches, you can enjoy the boats cruising past from the garden or the conservatory. The cottage has good modern internal facilities and large country kitchen. The attic rooms being very popular with teenagers. Waterside is a fun place to stay with lots of local walks and places to visit. Waterside is available weekly with a Friday or Monday start as well as short breaks.”
Activity and Interests
Leighton Buzzard station 1 mile.
Luton airport 20 miles
Heathrow airport 40 miles
Stansted airport 45 miles
Milton Keynes - Xscape, Airkicks and very large indoor shooping centre.
Whipsnade Zoo 8 miles.
Woburn Abbey & Safari Park 5 miles.
Stoke Bruerne & the Waterways museum 20 miles.
Aylesbury, Bedford and Hemel Hempstead all within 20 miles.
Chiltern Hills, Ridgeway walk & Tring Reservoirs 6 miles.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
12 Dec 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
Changeover Day: Monday
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
19 Dec 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
Changeover Day: Monday
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
6 Jan 2017 - 8 Jan 2017
Changeover Day: Friday
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
All male/female parties or mixed parties under 25 years at the owners discretion.
Fridays & Mondays. Arrive 3.30.pm. Depart 10 am.
Notes on prices:
We have three price bands, 1 to 5 guests, 6 to 8 guests and 9 to 11 guests for weekly, weekend and midweek breaks.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, En-suite o main bedroom
- One downstairs en-suite from the master bedroom, with WC, two hand basins, bidet, shower, washing machine and tumble dryer. Ground floor one with WC, basin, shower over bath and heated towel rail and one shower room with WC, basin and heated towel rail.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 3 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 11 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 en-suite double (5 ft bed) 1 double 2 twins Attic stairs to 1 single leading to 1 twin with sloping ceilings, ideal for teenagers.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: No smoking inside the cottage. No pets. Travel cot & High Chair supplied. Full gas heating and electricity all included. Log burning stove - Logs £8 per basket - please do not bring your own logs as they may not be a suitable size for the stove. Access to canal frontage (children take care). You can bring your own canoe/dinghy for use on the canal, a licence is not required if you are a member of the British Canoe Union. Buoyancy aids available. Fishing - national rod license required. (local day tickets £3) No fishing at boatyard. Outside: Large shared boatyard grounds which include large canal side lawn with picnic bench and two garden benches. Small, private back garden with barbecue and picnic bench and front terrace with table and chairs overlooking the canal. Parking for 4 cars outside cottage, further cars can be left in the car park. Towels / Linen: All Sheets and Duvets provided FOC. (Bath Towels if required £1 each.) Other: Dining Room Large table and chairs. One high chair provided.