Four bedroom house in private setting just 5 mins easy walk to Quillan, Aude, Languedoc Rousillon, France
Stunning summer holiday house in attractive market town south of Carcassonne. The White House comes newly renovated and offers space, style and comfort. Sleeps 8 plus cot for baby. 4 bedrooms, 3 toilets, 3 showers, 2 lounges and 2 dining areas. Ideal for two families renting or a large family with friends. Convenience of shops/restaurants 5 minute level walk away with large private garden and 11m x 5m swimming pool. Only 55 minutes from Carcassonne. Mountain views. Fantastic base for exploring the region - wide range of outdoor sports on doorstep, Cathar castles, excellent vineyards, hilltop villages that inspired the Da Vinci code, spas, lakes, gorges and grottoes. Coast just over an hour's drive. Range of ski slopes 45-75 minutes' drive for winter season. Good base for visiting Spain and Andorra. Family friendly, equipment for babies and toddlers available at no additional charge.
About the Owner
My wife and I and our 2 children live in North Yorkshire and have always loved holidays in France. Having explored different areas, we fell in love with the Languedoc and Quillan in particular with its contrasting range of mountain and farmland scenery, historic towns and castles, cuisine and of course, wine.
We recently bought The White House from an English family who had renovated it to a very high standard and rented it to very satisfied holidaymakers judging from the feedback they had.
We fell in love with the house and its location, being only a 5 minute level walk to the many bars, restaurants, shops and market in Quillan, whilst having a private secluded garden with views of woodland and the hills beyond.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Lovely two weeks in the sun! The White House was a perfect base for exploring the area ... the pool was much enjoyed by children and adults alike."
Activity and Interests
Canet Plage - 1 hour 15 mins. Lively atmosphere, marina and casino. Aquarium. Lagoon with fisher men's huts. St Cyprien Plage - 1 hour 25 mins. Seaside resort with large harbour. 3km of sand. Water sports available. Argeles-Plage - 1 hour 30 mins. Lively resort with many kids' facilities . 7km of supervised sandy beaches (June-Sept). Promenade with pine trees and Mediterranean plants. Collioure/Boramar beach - 1 hour 40 mins. Very attractive town and beach favoured by artists include Matisse.
Carcassonne (55 mins). Perpignan (80 mins). Toulouse (90 mins). Euro star and TGV direct to Quillan (Note: 2 trains/day between Carcassonne/Quillan - several buses). Driving time from England - 12 hours! Car hire recommended.
Carcassonne- 55 mins. Perpignan - 80 mins. Toulouse - 90 mins. Limoux (home of Blanquette sparkling wine) - 30 mins. Rennes-les-Bains (thermal bathing) -20 mins. Rennes-le-Chateau - 20 mins. Esperaza (dinosaur museum) - 10 mins. Alet les Bains (Medieval town) - 20 mins. Puilaurens (castle) - 25 mins. Mirepoix (stunning Medieval Cathar market town) - 50 mins Ax-les-Thermes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Telephone or email bookings will be held for seven clear days to allow for receipt of the completed booking form and the initial deposit. A deposit of 30% is payable upon booking. The balance of the total Hire Charge must be paid six weeks before the beginning of the hire period.
Preferred changeover day Saturday; arrivals from 4pm, departures by 11am. If there are many requests for alternative changeover days we may offer some flexibility.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Games ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with bath, shower over bath, sink and bidet. Separate upstairs & downstairs wcs. En-suite to master bedroom with bath, large walk-in shower, sink and wc. En-suite shower rooms to bedrooms 2 & 3 with large showers and sinks.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms + Cot) Notes on bedrooms: Large master bedroom - double bed and walk-in wardrobe. French windows onto balcony. Bedroom 2 - double bed. French windows onto balcony. Bedroom 3 - king bed or two singles as required. French windows onto balcony. Bedroom 4 - bunk beds (kids/adults).
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Barbecue ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Great library of books on France and the region, as well as English fiction for guests' use. Toys and books available for children to borrow; board games. Children's swing, rackets. Outside: Private pool 11 x 5m with Roman end steps, very shallow end extending to deep end. Pool alarm. Warmed by bubble cover, which takes water temperature up to 32 degree Celsius. Pool open subject to appropriate temperatures between May and September. Sun terrace next to pool with beautiful views up to mountain range above. Gas and charcoal barbecues and picnic table. Garden approximately half an acre, fully fenced, with apple, pear, fig, plum and walnut trees, with children's swing. Utility Room: Washing machine and dryer. Ironing board and iron. Two hairdriers. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, beach towels and linen included, set provided for duration of stay. Use of washer/dryer included. Property cleaned prior to each rental.