Cottage in Criccieth, North Wales - Rural Location, Comfortable Cottage Ideally Situated For Walking In Snowdonia And Lleyn Peninsula
Our lovely 5* Visit Wales graded property offers a very special base for your holiday. Sleeps four but perfect as a romantic getaway for couples who enjoy a discounted rate. 2 bedrooms, both of which can be made up as super-king doubles or twin bedded, both with TV. Main bedroom has spacious en-suite with wet-room shower, second bathroom has double ended bath and wet-room shower. Underfloor heating throughout and cosy log fire. Bright, modern kitchen with fridge/freezer, oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher. Spacious, airy sitting/dining room has TV with Freeview/ DVD/ Playstation/ CD player with iPod/iPhone dock. Free WIFI. Large drying room with washing machine, dryer offering secure storage for all your fishing/walking/golf gear or cycles. Enclosed garden with patio furniture and BBQ. Dogs very welcome, small paddock for off lead exercise.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Eisteddfa Fishery five lake coarse and trout fishing complex onsite. Glas y Dorlan guests enjoy unlimited coarse and trout fishing (trout taken charged per pound). We have lakes suitable for experienced fishermen and also lakes for beginners, a great opportunity to try a new sport with tackle hire. Great fun for the whole family. Tuition can be organized if requested in advance.
Numerous beaches within easy reach. Two beaches at Criccieth 2½ miles. Famous Black Rock sandy beach 5 miles. Long sandy beaches at Abererch 6 miles, Harlech 10 miles.
Walk to Criccieth beach from property 45 minutes, via Wales Coast Path.
Nearest airports Manchester and Liverpool, approx 2½ hours drive.
Mainline railway station Bangor 45 minutes drive. Cambrian Coast (connects Birmingham) station at Criccieth 2½ miles. Bus stop at end of drive.
Although it would be possible to holiday with at Glas y Dorlan using public transport a car is recommended.
Criccieth 2½ miles.
Porthmadog 3½ miles.
Portmeirion Italiante village 6 miles.
Pwllheli 10 miles
Beddgelert 9½ miles
Harlech 13 miles
Caernarfon 17½ miles
Details of local shops, restaurants, supermarkets etc are provided in the cottage, but there is a good selection of shops and eating places in Criccieth and Porthmadog. The list in the cottage also includes details of places that allow dogs.
- Booking Notes:
A deposit of 40% payable is on booking, with the balance payable one calendar month before arrival. Payment can be made by cheque, PayPal or bank transfer. Please ask for a copy of our Terms and Conditions . A cleaning deposit will be charged for single sex groups (£100).
Our main changeover day is Friday for weekly stays. 3 night weekend stays start Friday - Monday and 4 night midweek stays start Monday - Friday.
Notes on prices:
Discounts available for couples using one bedroom/bathroom and for stays of two weeks or longer.
Three or four night stays are possible anytime outside the main holiday weeks, unless the desired dates are available two weeks prior to holiday in which case we will be happy to consider a short break booking.
- Available arrival
- Farm Holidays
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Games ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite with spacious wet room shower, basin and toilet to Bedroom 1. Family bathroom with wet room shower, double ended bath, basin and toilet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with super-king double bed and spacious en-suite with wet room shower. Bedroom 2 with super-king double bed. Both bedrooms can be set up as twin bedded. Television and clock radio in each bedroom.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Glas y Dorlan is non smoking. Rental inclusive of heating (including logs), electricity, bed linen & towels. Also unlimited coarse and catch and release trout fishing on our 5 lake Fishery during your stay. The cottage is situated approx. half a mile up a private driveway from the lakes. We are usually happy to welcome more than 2 dogs. Please call us to discuss your requirements. Outside: Glas y Dorlan has a good sized, enclosed garden with lawn area and parking space for 2 cars. There is also a small paddock accessed from the garden for guests' use. Patio furniture and BBQ provided. There are walks from the front door. Utility Room: Large utility room with washing machine, dryer offering secure storage for all your fishing/walking/golf gear or cycles. Full underfloor heating great for drying wet walking gear etc. Sink with h/c water. Spare blankets and towels for doggy guests. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels provided. Property is cleaned between each let. Linen change weekly for stays of one week or longer, additional cleaning can be arranged for an extra charge.