House in Tuilieres, near Bergerac, Dordogne, France - Peaceful Location Overlooking River Dordogne. Lovely Riverside And Canal Walks on doorstep.
Beautiful stone house in stunning, peaceful riverside location. Situated on the banks of the river Dordogne. Furnished to a high standard. Homely and comfortable. Lovely riverside walks. Plenty of wildlife-kingfishers, buzzards, cormorants, woodpeckers, red squirrels. Ideal spot for relaxing, fishing, cycling, walking and golf course nearby. 15mins to the beautiful old Town of Bergerac. Gateway to Dordogne with many tourist attractions and wonderful vineyards and Chateau to explore.
Top Traveller Review
Gorgeous location,wonderful property
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
26.7.14 A wonderful setting for this truly charming house. Great to see the wildlife along the banks of the river, walking to Mouleydier. Fabulous meal at Chateau Les Merles, and fun wine tasting at Chateau Terre Vielle Grateloup. Great week with stunning thunderstorm finale! W family, Wiltshire.
16.8.14 We've had a wonderful holiday, thank you. The setting is the best we have had over the years we have been coming to France - peaceful, scenic and yet close to so many wonderful places. Truly relaxing and very enjoyable, thanks in no small part to your lovely home which we have so enjoyed and are very sorry to be leaving. We couldn't have wished for a nicer home and better location to stay in, so thank you very much. We really hope to be able to return some time soon. H family, Isle of Wight.
22/10/14 We have enjoyed a wonderful week of touring the Dordogne following your suggestions and others given by friends. We will be back to do it again. returning each night to this Villa made the holiday all that more special. Thank you so much. N family, Australia.
1 holidaymaker review
Gorgeous location,wonderful property
Had a very relaxing week in this charming house on the edge of the Dordogne. Swallows sweeping around over the river with lovely evening walks along the banks watching all kinds of wildlife. The house is furnished sympathetically with the french style furnishings and a humongous bed 6"7 by6"4" I believe , of which I have never experienced before! Masses to do in this area and a great Dutch owned restaurant just up the road Les Merles creating stunning dishes that ooze flavours and originality. Also many places to go wine tasting with chateaus a plenty. Can't wait to return. Thank you for a fabulous break.
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach approx 2.15 hours drive.
Bergerac airport 10 minutes drive.
Brive airport approx 1 hour drive.
Bordeaux airport approx 1 hr 45 mins drive.
Limoges airport approx 2 hours drive.
Bergerac railway station 15 mins drive
(Stations on the Limoges line at Couze and Lalinde 5 and 10 mins drive).
Calais euro tunnel/ferry 10 hrs drive (approx).
Car hire/use of car recommended.
Boulangerie in village.
Other shops, bank, bars, café, post office 20min walk - 5 min car ride.
Bergerac 15 mins drive.
Lalinde 10 mins drive.
Issigeac 20 mins drive.
Domme 30 mins drive.
La Roque-Gageac 25 mins drive.
On the doorstep of the property are lovely river and canal walks which are also great for seeing wildlife and safe to cycle along.
Swimming is a short drive away at the nearby lake in the beautiful village of Lanquais in sight of the Chateau, or a little further away at picturesque Limeuil where the Rivers Dordogne and Vézère meet.
Canoes/Kayaks/Bicycles can be hired in nearby Lalinde or Limeul.
Golf course 10 minutes walk away at the fabulous Chateau les Merles with its gastronomique restaurant.
Fishing in the Dordogne river or canal outside the property.
Visit the world famous Saint-Emilion vineyards or take your pick from dozens of other vineyards close by including Chateau de Montbazillac and Château de la Jaubertie.
Many wonderful historic, medieval towns and villages nearby.
Colourful and vibrant markets on most days of the week in various stunning bastide towns.
Numerous restaurants, shops, supermarkets, banks etc in the thriving riverside town of Bergerac .
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
25% deposit to secure booking. Remainder to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival. Breakage/Security deposit of £250 required - returned on departure after inspection.
Changeover day Saturday. May be flexible, please ask.
Arrival after 4 p.m. Departure by 10 a.m.
Notes on prices:
Discount available for low occupancy, please enquire.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Library ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor WC and basin. 1st floor main family bathroom - wc, bath/shower. 2nd floor shower room with wc and hand basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with Double bed. River views. Bedroom 2 with Emperor size bed. River views. Bedroom 3 with Double bed. River views. Bedroom 4 with Single bed and pull out Single bed. River views.
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- 1 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: An additional pull out single bed can be made up to accommodate a child/teenager, enabling 8 people in total to sleep within the four bedrooms. Travel cot and high chair also available for a baby/toddler. Please note the property is on several different levels. There is a beautiful typically French wooden curved staircase to the bedrooms and steps up to the outside roof terrace. This may not be suitable for very young children or those with mobility problems. Outside: Private off road parking. Small enclosed garden. South facing roof terrace with table and chairs for dining/sunbathing. Barbecue. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, microwave, iron, ironing board; hairdryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels included. Other: Breakfast room with table and chairs. Large terrace for al fresco dining. Wi-Fi English TV