Country Villa on the Rio Genal, near Gaucin, Spain - Peaceful, Rural Location, 150 metre River Frontage. Close to Gaucin village and Coast (20 mins)
Finca Huerta Miranda is situated in a rural location, about 1.5 km along a country track (which is drivable in a regular saloon car). Gaucin, and the coast, are about 20 minutes away.The finca comprises some 3 hectares, a large orchard - oranges, pomegranates, figs, olives - and two houses set on either side of the property some 160 metres apart, affording reasonable respective privacy. The Rio Genal runs along the southern edge of the finca, and there are stunning views of Mount Crestellina. Once a 100 year old farmhouse, the present owners have sympathetically restored the property (massive central chestnut beams in the living room, ancient oak lintels, fossil-bearing marble slabs) on its original footprint. It is a lovely family house, and is offered with decorations and mementos from our time as global expatriates. The flavour is rustic, simple and quiet - rather than neatly ironed napkins!
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
My wife Julie and I came to live by the Rio Genal, near Gaucin, in 2010 having bought a distressed finca (little farm) some years before. Having lived in half a dozen different countries - and being obliged continually to move on to my next assignment - it is great to be permanently in such a delightful environment. We love the wild open spaces around Gaucin and the numerous walks that are available. So do our two dogs! Nature has blessed this place (once we counted over 50 Griffon Vultures whirling overhead), while fossils abound in the limestone rocks. Our four children enjoy the peace and tranquillity of nature and the innumerable walks. We hope the grandchildren will as well!
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
We spent a wonderful week here, sitting on the patio enjoying the perfect view, admiring the fruit trees and garden plants, watching birds soar overhead and soaking up the sunshine. Our hosts were warm and left us little gifts of home-grown tomatoes and fruit. The area is great for walkers and the local white villages offer good eateries.
Lieu à découvrir
Famille de cinq personnes, nous avons découvert la Finca au cours de l'été 2014. Confortable, spacieuse et toujours fraîche, la maison dispose de tous les équipements nécessaires pour se sentir comme chez soi (wifi compris) ; un sentiment facilité par la gentillesse et la simplicité de ses propriétaires, Nick et Julie. En légère altitude et ombragés, ses aménagements extérieurs et sa piscine s'ouvrent sur une vue exceptionnelle et imprenable sur le site naturel Sierra Crestellina et une végétation généreuse dont une orangeraie. Sentiers de randonnée dans une nature préservée et rivière à proximité où l'on peut se baigner, mer et lacs à une quinzaine de kilomètres, animaux...font le plaisir des enfants comme des parents. Aux portes des villages blancs d'Andalousie, la Finca bénéficie aussi d'une localisation qui permet des excursions à Gibraltar, Séville, Malaga, Marbella, Tarifa, Ronda, Cadix ou Grenade. Un lieu à découvrir.
We've found a slice of heaven!
After a couple of weeks touring through France and Spain, imagine our delight, as we left the road and ventured down the track that leads to the finca. I wish I was eloquent enough to describe to you our thoughts and feelings as we all stepped out of our bus, into the car park at the top of the property and stood taking in the sheer beauty of the land. The finca for us was perfect, it is rustic and homely with shabby chic elegance from the interesting furnitures Nick and Julie have brought from their travels. (If you want a boutique type villa this isn't for you) we loved it. The outside space is superb, large outside table and chairs to enjoy eating alfresco which is shaded, which we needed in August. My granddaughter and myself loved the bed swing, our fav place to have a siesta. The infinity pool area is away the main house and on higher ground, which is totally worth it when you are sat there, the views and sounds are simply stunning, picture us, grandchildren are playing in the pool and us adults having a glass of wine as we watch the sunset, perfect slice of heaven doesn't cover it. Haha! Nick and Julie were so helpful, and friendly from bringing toys and jewellery for the kids to play with, to fruit they picked from the tress on the land and shared with us, and taking us down to the river, fabulous hosts. My grandson aged 9 put his arm around me and said "Nan you choose good, we are going to have a wonderful holiday here" he was right. I nearly forgot to mention the dogs Tilly and Clara who are really friendly, and come up to the house to say hello, the children love them. We shed more than a few tears and sighs of regret when saying good bye. We will be back
From the Owner
“We were attracted by the superb mountain view, by the river, and the peaceful rural location. Less so by the very distressed state of the farmhouse! After 18 months of renovations, and a radical reshaping of the house interior, it is now ready for family enjoyment. The property is reasonably close to the white village of Gaucin, and to the coast, and has all the key connections that make life practical.”
Activity and Interests
25 mins drive to the coast (Sabinillas/Estepona), 50 mins to Tarifa
Malaga airport (1.75 hrs); Gibraltar airport (La Linea is the adjacent Spanish town from where cars may be hired) is 60 mins.
Car hire virtually essential.
20 mins to Gaucin up the A377. 25 mins to the Coast.
Several small supermarkets in Gaucin; a lot more bigger ones on the Coast (Lidl, Mercadona).
Gaucin is a lively village and the area offers opportunities for walking, birdwatching, river swimming etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
50% of rental fee to be paid at time of booking; balance 8 weeks beforehand.
Cancellation refund: >8 weeks 100%. 4-8 weeks: 50% 2-4 wks 25% <2 wks none (unless re-renting occurs). Bank account details via email. Any loss or breakages to be reported responsibly.
Long term letting is possible over off-season months - subject to negotiation
Saturdays preferred for change-overs, with arrival normally in late afternoon.
Notes on prices:
Euro prices can be paid in GBP equivalent, by agreement.
50% to reserve accommodation, remaining 50% one month before arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You will enjoy full access to a large 3 hectare property, with a great variety of trees, a 120 m riverfront, and great walks. The mountain views towards sunset are superb. The entire area is quiet, peaceful and environmentally outstanding. Guests have commented on the sheer beauty of the rustic environment, and the aesthetic simplicity of the house. IKEA it is not!”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 upstairs, large marbled en-suite bathroom with shower; bathroom 2 downstairs, en-suite bathroom with bath; Shower and toilet downstairs (also for guests).
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (three Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 upstairs, double bed, large marbled en-suite bathroom with shower; bedroom 2 downstairs, double bed, en-suite bathroom with bath; bedroom 3 downstairs, with multipurpose design (sleeping or leisure). Shower and toilet next door.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is situated on the west side of the 3 hectare finca, surrounded by a wide patio giving wide views of Mt Crestellina and the river valley to the south. On the east side, in a secluded spot, lies a smaller cottage some 160 m away. Outside: The finca is spacious - 3 hectares - with over 100 orange trees and a wide variety of others (oaks, olives, pomegranates, carobs etc). There is no shortage of shade even in the sunniest months. The house is surrounded by a wide patio with comfortable seating. Very nice for a sun-downer, watching the mountain change colour! The 10 by 5 metre private pool is dramatically situated on the highest part of the property, and is shared by clients renting the above cottage. (A max of 2 people). It is 1.8m at the deep end and 1.2 at the shallow end. It is fed by natural well water, i.e. not chlorinated, and the water is totally changed out every 10 days or so. We expect our visitors to respect others to enable all to enjoy a peaceful and quiet holiday. Utility Room: Washing machine, vacuum cleaner, dish washer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included, charged weekly. Other: The patio is sheltered by a great Carob tree, and by a large pergola approx 5 by 4 metres, which provide shade.