Farmhouse nr. Issigeac, Dordogne, Aquitaine, France - South-facing Countryside Property Set In 8ha, 25 Mins From Airport, Aquitaine At It's Finest
This is a superb, south facing farmhouse set in it's own grass land with large pool. You might hear the occasional buzz of a busy bee but you are more likely to smell the sizzle of the Cote de Boeuf on the BBQ. Conveniently situated equi-distance between Issigeac and Villereal (both well equipped and picturesque Bastide towns), our house has everything you could possibly need for your Dordogne experience. Nearby activities include micro-lite flights, canoe the Dordogne river, explore Monbazillac and other famous Chateaux and Vinyards. Hot air ballooning, hire a moped, cycle, ramble or travel back in time with the local architecture and laid back way of French Countryside life. As a very popular destination for British tourists, speaking French is not essential. On-site we have a large 12m X 6m pool with shallow and deep end. Alarms are fitted in accordance with French law. Outdoor dining facilities for +10pax. Sun-loungers. BBQ.
About the Owner
We are sisters and we have had this wonderful farmhouse in our family for many years. We have recently refurbished the property from top to bottom and we have made some significant improvements to the outdoor areas. We have further plans to improve the property to enable us and our guests to enjoy the property all year round. All works will be carried out outside of the popular letting season. We do however offer this property to let all year round.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Lovely stay - we thoroughly enjoyed the farmhouse and your tasteful 'Singapore influence' - brought back memories as I lived there back in the 60s. Nice country walks with a cooling 'dip' on our return in your well kept pool. Really good, busy Sunday market in Issisgeac. [N. Bennett 31/08/2014]
Just wanted to thank you for a lovely holiday, the house is marvellous and we have never relaxed so quickly. [S. Little 03/11/2014]
This really is the most relaxing, beautiful place to spend our holiday. Everything we could wish for and more. [L. Phipps 17/07/2014]
From the Owner
“Total seclusion, the perfect place to escape.”
Activity and Interests
Arcachon (near Bordeaux). Reputed for huge sand dunes. 2 hour drive.
Roses, Spain. 4 hours drive. Beautiful coastal town.
Bergerac Roumaniers airport. Accessible from Birmingham, Stansted, Southampton, Manchester, Bristol, East Midlands, Liverpool. Airlines - Ryanair, BMIBaby and Flybe.
The house is 20 minutes drive south of the airport. Car hire is available from Bergerac airport.
From Calais the drive is approximately 10 hours. Ferry crossings from Portsmouth to Cherbourg and Caen are also available.
Issigeac, a picturesque historic Bastide town is 7km away. Equi-distance the other direction is Villereal, also an historic Bastide town. Within a 15km radius are several other old towns where you can find farmers markets, antique fairs and food stalls. Chateaux Monbazillac is a 15 minute drive away which provides interesting tours of the Chateaux and grounds. Degustation is plentiful close by and the region of St Emillion approximately 1.5 hrs drive.
The local area is farmed as part of a co-operative which means the community takes a great deal of pride in their product. The farmers markets are over-flowing with ripe juicy fruit and veg, handmade arts and jewels, local wines and some of the finest cheeses.
The Dordogne is an ever more popular destination for tourists, each year that we go back to spend time in the house we see more and more activities to enjoy. The weather can get very hot in peak season but the house is made of stone which keeps it cool. Not to mention the benefits of the pool. The house is perfectly South facing ensuring you will witness the most spectacular sunrises and raise your glass to the most sensational sunsets whilst the BBQ sizzles.
There are plenty of restaurants to choose from including family friendly as well as a Michelin Star Restaurant with spectacular hill top views over the Monbazillac Vinyards.
Our house keeper and groundsman are a short distance away if any assistance is needed whilst you are in the house. The pool is cleaned every Saturday and Wednesday, this is a essential part of the pool upkeep.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To enquire about dates and availability please use the email address provided. 20% Deposit required to secure your booking, non-refundable from 8 weeks prior to your arrival. Full balance plus £250 standard damages deposit (additional £50 pet deposit where applicable) 8 weeks prior to arrival. Bookings made within 8 weeks of the arrival date must be paid in full. Payment accepted in GBP or Euro, by cheque or bank transfer.
Changeover days are flexible. Arrival and departure times need to be scheduled with us so that arrangements can be made for the next clients.
Notes on prices:
New pricing format for 2015! For any enquiries regarding this property outside of the season pricing time frame listed, please use the email address provided. If you require any dates not listed please do not hesitate to contact us, we may be able to accommodate you.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Whilst completely isolated from neighbours and any roads you can get to vibrant market town in just 7 minutes.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- water parks
- winery tours
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom1-Double sink. Bath. Shower. Bidet. Separate W/C. Bathroom2-Toilet. Single sink. Shower. Heated towel rail.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bed-double bed, wardrobe & dressing table. Bedrooms 2 and 3. Twin beds upstairs, wardrobes and chest of drawers. Mezzanine - 3 x Banquet lit fold out settees. Fits one adult/two children. Cot inclusive of linen available upon request.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The House has been a part of our family for 23 years. All of the furniture inside the house has a story to tell. The master Bedroom suite is French antique with ornate craftsmanship on the headboard and mirrored wardrobe. The furniture in the house is a mix of locally sourced items and other pieces which have traveled all the way from our past life in Singapore. The marble topped breakfast table, teak sun-loungers and Chinese and Indonesian artwork are accumulations of 20 years overseas. We have an arrangement with the local farmer who cuts the fields and we have an English couple who are responsible for the change-overs, meet and greet, garden up-keep and pool cleaning services. We are very lucky to have the house and treasure it as a part of our family. We hope you get as much enjoyment from it and the surrounding areas as we do. Outside: The house is set in the middle of 8Ha of it's own private land. You do need a vehicle. The swimming pool is 12m X 6m with a shallow end accessed by roman steps and a deep end at 2m. A terrace extends from the house to the poolside terrace where parasols are provided so you can enjoy lunch or supper outside in the glorious sunshine. There is an original well situated just outside the house (a metal grate has been fitted over the top for safety reasons). A stone built barbecue is conveniently located at the far end of the patio where you can watch the sunset and be within easy access of the kitchen and dining area. A herb garden has been set up for the chefs amongst you, plentiful access to sage, thyme, and rosemary. The house is accessed off road via a country lane which leads you away from the main road which means it is safer for children. There is a fairly long driveway which adds to the privacy of the house. Utility Room: Washing machine. Dryer. Inside washing line. Access to gas bottle for cooker. Dry products storage. Great place to hang wet items. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Meet and greet at house. House and pool towels provided. Sun-lounger cushions. All linen provided and beds made. Mid-week/mid-stay clean provided upon request, charge applies. Mid-week pool clean standard. Extra towels provided at charge. Other: Dining room. Kitchen/diner is separated by an original stone wall bar. Large 8-seat dining table and matching side board. Cabinet, Hi-Fi with iPod jack. Stone built BBQ conveniently situated just outside dining/kitchen door.