House in Bazukata, Nr. Fiskardo, Kefalonia, Greek Islands, Greece - A 3 Minute Drive To The Nearest Beach And 4 Minutes To Fiscardo With Its Tavernas, Shops And Bars.
The Olive Press is set on the edge of a ruined village on the fringes of a beautiful Cyprus forest. The house commands fantastic views of Ithaca and the east coast. The property has been lovingly restored over the last 4 years and is now ready for guests. The open plan Living room, Kitchen and dining room are fitted out to the highest standard and have a real 'wow factor'. All the bedrooms have their own en-suites and air conditioning (even the mezzanine floor with its single beds has its own ensuit shower rooms). The 'Honeypot' is a self contained guest house that is linked to the main house with a contemporary glass link. Outside is where you will spend most of your time relaxing around or in the bespoke infinity pool. There are plenty of spots to relax under the Greek sun and a great dining area is provided to enjoy the Mediterranean cuisine under the star lit night. Full moon is probably the most magical time to visit as it rises directly opposite the house at sunset and is a sight to behold.
Top Traveller Review
What a splendid Villa which made our holiday
Thanks for you kind words. Please do come back and see us again soon.
About the Owner
The Olive Press is managed by Ionian Property Services and has been for 3 years. The original owners purchased the ruins and finished a full restoration in 2012. The owners Freddy And Sue who would like to welcome you to their Kefalonian home. From our point of view as the management company it is a real joy to maintain such an old building that has such a rich history. It is quite different from the usual modern villas with quirky features and a touch of style not found in other properties.
Ionian Property Services has been trading since 2008 and has been growing every year since. We are a small family run business with an emphasis on the personal touch. Please feel free to visit our website. www.ipsgreece.com
Guestbook comments from the manager
This is brand new tourist property so you maybe the first to stay here. We will be happy to receive all feedback.
2 holidaymaker reviews
What a splendid Villa which made our holiday
This villa has everything you need to enjoy a First Class Holiday, be it One family or Two. The Villa is new and kept very, very tidy. It is spacious, overlooks the Sea and has it's own infinity pool which is a blessing. Fiscardo is a lovely fishing village with more than enough high quality eating and drinking places to visit when your not cooking yourself in the amazing kitchen or outside BBQ and pizza stove. Water sports and fishing in the village and so many places to visit and explore. A very positive recommendation.
Everything you could want and more. Beautiful and also quirky, first class property with stunning views. You can tell a lot of love and effort has been put into the Olive Press and it shines out.We stayed here for a week in October and absolutely loved it. We have stayed in a lot of beautiful places all over the world but this takes some beating and we will definately be returning.
Margaret Neil Halliday-Fitch. UK
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We are closely linked to the Fiskardo-Divers who run an extremely professional and fun business. There are plenty of amazing dive sites to keep all levels of divers happy for at least a week. There are cave dives, wreck dives (one is 2000 years old), deep dives, canyon dives, night dives for the experienced. They also offer a one off try a dive for those who want to see if they will enjoy the experience and for those that want to learn and get qualified they offer a range of PADI courses. For further information please ask when booking and we can arrange any bespoke package you want.
The house is, as the crow flies, less than a km from the coast. The nearest beach is 1km drive/walk and the famous village of Fiscardo is 1.7km away. There are a further 10 beaches within 10 minutes drive and the world renowned beach of Myrtos is only 25 minutes drive.
Kefalonia airport is 1 hour 15 minutes drive and it is strongly recommended to hire a car. Fiscardo has a daily ferry to Levkas and Ithaca and Sami (about 45mins) has ferry access to mainland Greece
Fiscardo is 3.7 km away and is one of the most famous villages in Greece
Assos is 15mins drive and is one of the most picturesque villages in Kefalonia
Argostoli (the capital town) is 1 hours drive.
Alaties and Agia Jerusalem with their wonderful beach bar/tavernas are 10mins drive
Myrtos Beach, one of the top ten beaches in the world is 25mins drive
Sami with its famous caves is 45mins drive
Diving with Fiscardo Divers
Snorkelling trips and Natural History trips with Ionian Discoveries
Massage and Reiki
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 6 Nov 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are confirmed by email. A 10 % deposit, non-refundable, is due 7 days after booking to confirm. The balance is due 6 weeks prior to arrival (Last minutes bookings are accepted at reduced rates subject to availability). Payments can made by electronic transfer or Paypal. Min stay 3 nights. We are now offering a 20% discount for up to 4 people staying in just the main house outside of 12th July to 31st August
Change over days are preferred to be Saturday or Sunday although we can be flexible. During low season we can be more flexible.
Check in time is 16:00
Check out time is 10:00
Arrangements can be made for luggage storage to accomodated flight times.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in UK Pounds and we reserve the right to change prices at any time. You can pay in Euros and the exchange rate at the time of confirmation will be applied. We are now offering a 20% DISCOUNT for up to 4 people staying in just the main house outside of 12th July to 31st August.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Events Allowed
- children welcome ...
- smoking allowed ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- 3 shower rooms with w/c's en-suites to the bedrooms in the main house and one en-suite bathroom with shower in the 'honeypot'
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 double en-suite with fitted cupboards, and access to the outside. 1 self contained guest house, The Honeypot, with twin beds and private patio. 2 twin beds on a mezzanine floor open to the living room with its own en-suite. All have TV's & DVDs
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Notes on accommodation: Ionian Property Services can offer further cleaning services if required with prior notice. They also offer the rental of z-beds, cots, high chairs, and a personal laundry service. The house provides all linen and towels. Outside: With the beautiful weather we have in Kefalonia outside is where you are most likely to spend your time. The private infinity pool is 42m2 and is linked to the living room through patio doors and a wooden bridge. There are sunbeds, an outside seating area with sofa's and chairs which will really add to the relaxation of your holiday. The viewing platform at the back of the garden has truly majestic views over the property, the sea and Ithaca. There is a built in BBQ/bread oven and a lovely deck containing the dining area, the centre piece being the solid wood table. There is a large pergola over the dining area and several sun umbrellas offering good shade for the hot hours of the day. The "honeypot" has its own patio at the front of the house with stunning views and its own dining set. The house is along a small track and has its own parking area. Utility Room: There is a washing machine available in the utility room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house is maintained by Ionian Property Services who have years of experience in providing extremely high standard. The house is cleaned ever 3/4 days with a full linen and towel change. A 24 hr call out service & a helpful welcome meeting are provided Other: The Honeypot is a self contained unit linked to the main house with a beautiful glass link. It is fitted with twin beds, a small but well fitted kitchenette and en-suite. The Honeypot can be rented alone if the main house is free in low season.