House in Carron near Aberlour, Grampian, Scotland - A Good Sized Outdoor Patio. With Stunning View Down To The Rive
Bramble Lodge is an outstanding holiday retreat. The architect designed property has been equipped and furnished to a high standard with the comfort and convenience of guests the main priority. With its 4 large bedrooms, two doubles and two twins, it can sleep up to 8 people. The bedrooms are upstairs and all have bathrooms, 3 are en-suite and the 4th has an adjacent bathroom. The bedroom layout is designed to give maximum privacy with the master bedroom located in a separate wing. Three of the rooms also benefit from stunning views down to the river, while the 4th looks out to open countryside through a quirky round window. The house is situated just off the "Speyside Way" which offers a spectacular walk on the route of the former railway line and following the river. Access can also be gained down to the riverbank from the property.
About the Owner
Bramble Lodge is family owned and operated by Bill and Jane Cattanach who take a personal interest to ensure the property is presented to a very high standard for each party of guests. The house is located on their family farm and benefits from long private walks along the riverbank down through grassy fields This is their second self catering property, the first having been established 12 years ago. Over the years a regular repeat client base has been established which is testament to the quality of service provided.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had the pleasure to be one of the first guests to stay at the new Bramble Lodge on Speyside. We never stopped smiling from time we arrived until we departed for home. Bramble Lodge was way beyond our greatest expectations. Bramble is a state of the art, battery recharge, home away from home. With every amenity one could think of, large screen tellies, a relaxing patio, complimentary wifi, large spacious rooms with lots of windows to enjoy the wonderful views of the River Spey below, to a kitchen any chef would be jealous to own. By the design, room layout and décor you will know this home was well thought out, built and cared for with a passion for detail. Comfortable living at it’s finest. We cannot wait to return.
Frank and Jackie Scott.
From the Owner
“Bramble lodge was newly constructed on a prime site overlooking the river Spey on our family farm. Individually designed by a local architect it has a wow factor both from the outside and especially when you get inside. Cattle in the fields adjacent to the property gives your holiday a real country feel,yet it is by no means isolated but the large enclosed site offers privacy for a relaxing break.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Bramble Lodge is located in the midst of whisky country and the whisky trail with numerous famous distilleries to visit.
There are also many historic castles open to the public and a host of other visitor attractions nearby including the Cairngorm National Park.
Bramble Lodge is located half way between the mountains of the Cairngorms and the sandy beaches of the Moray coast all of which are less than an hours drive away.
Bramble Lodge is located approximately one hours drive from either Aberdeen or Inverness airports and 30 minutes from the nearest railway station at Elgin.
Bramble Lodge is located approximately half a mile from the hamlet of Carron and four miles from the village of Aberlour which has a good range of shops and a swimming pool.
Recharge your batteries with a relaxing and unforgettable holiday at Bramble Lodge Self Catering. Speyside and the Moray Coast offer a vast range of environments from mountains to sandy beaches and numerous pursuits with something sure to interest everyone.
While no fishing is included with the house there are opportunities to fish for salmon nearby. Your accommodation is also located in the midst of "Whisky Country" with a range of distilleries open for viewing -there are a couple close by within walking distance via the Speyside Way.
For those with an interest in history there is the "Castle Trail" with a number of impressive venues to visit. There are also numerous golf courses within easy reach including some very challenging Links courses on the coast.
For those who prefer a Winter break we are only a short drive away from both the Lecht ski centre and the Cairngorms providing excellent winter sport for enthusiasts of all levels and ages.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
14 Sep 2015 - 31 Dec 2016
Changeover Day: Sunday
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To book the property either e-mail or call the owners.
Bramble Lodge is rented on a Sunday to Sunday basis during the Summer months with flexibility during other parts of the year.
Notes on prices:
Special offers - Short breaks and special rates will be available at certain times of the year. For further information please contact the owners direct. The weekly rate of £1000 is inclusive of heating and electricity.
30% deposit at time of booking with balance payable 14 days prior to arrival. Payment by cheque preferred.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Being recently constructed Bramble Lodge has all the modern facilities and touches you would expect from a property of this calibre including wi-fi and a large westwards facing patio area which captures the evening sun while looking down to the river.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- 3 en-suites. 1 family bathroom. Downstairs toilet
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 4 bedrooms, Two furnished as doubles and two as twins. They are all spacious with generous wardrobe and cupboard space with stunning views from all rooms which are on the first floor.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Children are welcome. Stair gates, travel cot and high chair all available on request. No pets allowed. No smoking. Semi open plan from the kitchen is the dining room which has a large farmhouse style table which can easily seat 8 or even 10 people. This room faces down to the river and has french doors opening out onto a patio area. There is Wi-Fi and internet access so while Bramble Lodge offers a tranquil break you need never feel cut off from the rest of the world. Enjoy a relaxing break at Bramble Lodge. Set on the banks of the river Spey in the midst of the whisky trail in the Highlands of Scotland, this property offers a wow factor both in terms of accommodation and its location. Bramble Lodge has been specifically designed and constructed to meet the needs of self-catering visitors. With its 4 bathrooms it offers modern living for the larger or multifamily parties and this theme is continued throughout the property with a number of separate internal sitting areas. Outside: A good sized outdoor patio with garden furniture. Double integral garage Utility Room: Adjacent to the kitchen is the laundry room with washing machine and tumble drier with another sink and range of cupboards and units. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Our prices are inclusive of heating/electric, bedlinen and towels. Other: The separate sun lounge provides a further discreet seating area and again faces west and towards the river, it is a wonderful place to sit and read and enjoy the evening sunshine.