Villa Hydra, Saronic Islands, Greek Islands, Greece - Peaceful Location, 10 Minutes Walk To Nearest Beach
Charming Hydra Island property, lovingly restored. All modern amenities. Weekly housekeeper. Ideal for couples and/or extending family. Garden terraced area offering fantastic views over the sae and Peloponnese and always a cooling breeze during the hotter summer days and nights. Completely air-conditioned throughout and sleeps up to 8 persons. Wi-Fi & local TV on site. Close to beaches, main port and island tavernas.
About the Owner
We are an English based couple who fell in love with the island of Hydra many years ago. We holiday on the island throughout the year. We now have the villa next door, so we have decided to let our first villa. We known many people on the island and can advise on our favourite places to eat, drink and eat.If this is your first visit to this charming and unique island we hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. We found our Villa after a lot of searching and one of the reasons that we chose it was that despite the walk up the hill, it as one of the few properties with amazing views and cooling breezes in the summer. Whereas we enjoy going to the port for mornings and evenings, the crowds during the busy summer periods can be too much for us , so we enjoy the escape to our tranquil hideaway.
From the Owner
“We bought the property as holiday home and we stay on the island in our other property normally during April to October. We love the tranquillity and unique charm of the island, where most people hardly ever lock their doors. It is safe to walk around 24 hours a day and even though a historical site, Hydra has an abundance of places to eat, drink and shop. A typical 3 course meal with wine is 15 Euros, a boat trip to a beach is from 5 Euros, Mules to/from the port are 15 Euros if required. There are amazing walks around the island and in May the island is covered in wild flowers. There are also many swimming places around the port and beaches are dotted all around the island. Two our favourites are Vlychos and Plakes with the most charming tavernas right on the beach.”
Activity and Interests
10 Minutes walk to nearest beach (Kamini). Other beaches withn walking distanace are Vlychos 15 minutes, Plakes 25 minutes. Or take a short water-bus ride to Plakes, Bisti, Aghios Nicholas or sandy child friendly Mandraki.
Nearest Airport is Athens International Airport. From the airport you can get a Taxi 50 Euros to the Port of Piraeus (up to 4 persons), or the airport/port express bus for 5 Euros each.
From the Port you take Hellenic Seaways fast Cat service to Hydra which takes 90 minutes.
On arrival at Hydra Port you will be met, walked up the Villa, we can transfer your baggage by mule.
Full transfer details will be given with your booking confirmation. We help with transfers to/from the Airport/Athens.
Located in the main town of Hydra.
90 minutes sea journey to Piraeus (port for Athens)
15 minutes to mainland Peloponnese by water-taxi and 20 minutes by ferry, nearby is famous ancient Epidavros. Trips to Mycenae, Nafplion etc can be organised. Summer excursions to night performances at Epidavros from Hydra.
Minimarket 3 mns walk, larger supermarkets located around the harbour which can deliver to your villa. The island has an abundance of shops, banks, ATM machines, tavernas and restaurants. There are also number of beaches which you can walk to between 10 minutes and 1 hours walk, water taxis and small boats are available from the port (10 minutes walk down) to beaches. Beaches are mostly pebbles, Mandraki has sand and a children's play area.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
On confirmation a deposit of 10% is required. 50% of the balance is due 60 days prior and final full payment due 30 days prior together with a bond of £500.00. Preferred Payment is by bank transfer. You will be sent an invoice with payment detiails on confirmation of booking. The bond will be sent back to you via Bank transfer within 7 days of check out following the check out report by our maid. The bond is to cover any damage or breakages the replacement cost of which will be deducted.
Saturday is our preferred change over day. Please check as this can vary and we try and accommodate everyone.
Notes on prices:
Pricing is for up 8 persons for a maximum stay of 7 nights.
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower Ensuites to Bedrooms 1 and 2, Bath Tub/Shower ensuite for Master bedroom.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with large Queen sized bed, TV, dressing area & bathroom with bath tub/shower. Bedroom 1 with double bed, TV & ensuite bathroom, Bedroom 2 with 2 singles and 1 small double on mezzanine level & ensuite, 2 single beds off Master bedroom.
- Outside: Terraced garden at front with amazing views and sunset over the sea to the mainland of the Peloponnese opposite the island. Lemon trees and flower pots, outdoor dining and sun bathing space. At the rear of the property there is a balcony leading to a garden suitable hanging washing. There are awnings at front and rear. Utility Room: Washing machine by prior arrangement at additional cost Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Includes: Weekly Housekeeping and change of towels and linen. Extra towels and Linen supplied. Free Internet/WIFI (limited connection varies) Air Conditioning Beach Towels Other: Dining Table and 6 chairs on covered outside dining (can be brought inside if required), 6 other outdoor/indoor director chairs and 2 small tables. Sun recliners.