House in Saillans, Drome, Rhone-Alpes, France - Peaceful Location At The Edge Of Thriving Village And Close To The River Drome
Recently restored large house with over 300 sq. metres of habitable space, large private fenced pool and very large private garden of almost 6,000 sq. metres. Five ensuite bedrooms can sleep twelve people in comfort. Very large lounge with satellite TV, DVD, wifi, large English library, maps and guidebooks. Large south facing terraces with magnificent views, barbecue. Flower beds, fruit trees and lawned areas, boules pitch, children’s games area with swing, slide, sand pit in secure rear garden. Large car parking area in gated front garden, plus walnut trees, olives, lavender. Well equipped kitchen with two range cookers, Lacanche and Smeg, two dishwashers, microwave, three fridge freezers, washing machine. Well located at the edge of the village of Saillans, a thriving village with many restaurants, supermarket, bakery, bars, cash point, nearby petrol station. Well located for visiting wineries. Good area for walkers, cyclists and mountain bikers.
About the Owner
We are British but moved permanently to France in 2004. We have a seven year old daughter. We love the way of life here, it's perfect in many ways, and luckily there's plenty of room for the dogs, the cat, the rabbits, chickens, goldfish, and new this year, bees.
From the Owner
“We love this part of France, we are at low altitude but at the edge of the mountains and close to some incredibly beautiful walks, spectacular scenery and amazing flora and fauna; the climate in summer is wonderful - hot and sunny. We're at the edge of a nice, prospering village, it's rural and unspoilt but only 45 minutes from the TGV station and Lyon is 1 hour 45 minutes by car. The village markets in summer are a treat, melons and peaches and other fresh produce are delicious. We also love the vineyards and wineries along the valley and towards the Rhone (Hermitage is an hour north, Chateauneuf du Pape an hour south), and in winter we can reach the nearest ski station in 40 minutes. It's nothing like as busy here in summer as the south coast, most of the tourists are French or Dutch.”
Activity and Interests
Nimes, Avignon, Lyon St. Exupery less than two hours drive. Marseille is two hours 15 minutes away. Car essential.
Village of Saillans half a kilometre to centre. Crest is 15 km, Die is 22 km. Valence is 44 km. Lyon is 165 km. Avignon is 150 km. Mediterranean coast is 200km.
Local shops, bars and restaurants are within comfortable walking distance. The village and the valley come alive in summer with concerts, festivals and fireworks. The Tour de France often passes nearby.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
9 Jul 2016 - 31 Oct 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
We ask guests to make a preliminary enquiry and then complete a booking form. We ask for a deposit of 25 percent, the balance being payable eight weeks before arrival, together with a damage deposit of £500 / 600 euros, which is returned within two weeks of departure.
Changeover day is Saturday, please arrive after 4pm, departure by 10am to allow us time to clean and prepare the house.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is very spacious, over 300 square metres of living space, 5 bedrooms all en-suite, huge lounge with library, wi-fi and satellite TV. There are three terraces offering lovely views, large private pool and extensive grounds of nearly 6000 square metres with lawned areas, orchards and flowerbeds. The vegetable plot provides tomatoes and courgettes, the chickens provide plenty of eggs. Secure parking for cars and storage area for bikes. The centre of the village is a short walk away, offering restaurants and bars, plus concerts in summer. The Drome river is 100 metres from the property, where there are beavers and kingfishers. Canoeing/kayaking is a popular family activity, a hire company is nearby. Day trips from the property include Avignon (Palais des Papes) and Grotte Chauvet”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Five en-suite bathrooms, four with large shower, one has bath with shower over.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Five ensuite bedrooms upstairs, three have a double bed, two have a double bed plus a single bed. A supplementary folding bed is also available free of charge.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Huge garden of 6000 sq. metres, lawned areas, fruit trees, walnuts and olives, flower beds. Raised pond (fenced) boules pitch, childrens games area with slide and swing, sandpit. Private fenced pool (11 by 5 metres) with pool loungers, parasols. Large terraces overlooking pool area. Barbecue. Teak dining tables and chairs to seat 12. Six teak recliners, cushions. Pull over terrace awning to give shade Utility Room: Rear kitchen area has Smeg range cooker, two dishwashers, washing machine, second sink, tumble dryer, storage shelves and cupboards. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included.The property is cleaned on your departure at no extra cost. Other: Dining room area between kitchen and lounge is a useful area to keep an eye on small children while you are busy in the kitchen