Large country house in Woolley Moor, Ashover, Peak District, Derbyshire Dales, England - Peaceful Location Overlooking Ogston Reservoir & Within 5 Minutes Drive of Derbyshire Peak District
This beautifully appointed property is situated on the edge of Ogston Reservoir in Derbyshire and commands breathtaking views over the water from many of the windows. There are spectacular walks right from the door and a short drive will take you to any one of the market towns of Ashbourne, Matlock or Bakewell(famed for its puddings!). This area is also home to some of the country’s most famous stately homes including Chatsworth House Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall. Oldfield House has been sympathetically restored and retains a wealth of original features but at the same time benefits from state-of-the-art technology to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible; ideal for that special family get-together, wedding anniversary, birthday celebration or just a simple holiday with friends.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the fact that the new Owners Direct website is unable to correctly calculate our pricing and the fact that we do not wish to mislead potential guests with incorrect information, please refer to Oldfield House website for exact pricing and live availability details. We are able to offer breaks from 2 nights to 7 nights and prices vary from season to season so please visit our website or contact us for a quote.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful house, excellent value for money
About the Owner
(3 traveller reviews)
Wonderful homely property
Oldfield House is a lovely comfortable property with lots if living spaces to choose from and spacious bedrooms serviced with 3 bathrooms and a cloakroom toilet. The kitchen and facilities allow for easy meal preparation and there is a choice of two dining rooms. Ample parking too and grassed lawn for running around. We had a house full and had a lovely time with lots of room for everyone. Stunning location too.
Beautiful house, excellent value for money
The property was spacious, comfortable and full of character. The bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas were all cosy, nicely decorated and immaculately clean. It has lovely views over the reservoir, is great for walks in rolling countryside but is easily accessible.
Summer Family Gathering
A handsome and ideally situated property sleeping up to 13. Beautifully furnished providing a comfortable country retreat just perfect for multiple generations to enjoy a wonderful spot of country living. Just perfect. Can't fault it with beautiful views of Ogerton Reservoir. Within easy reach of many of Derbyshire's many delights. Highly recommended.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Fishing, Sailing nearby
Stately Homes - Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, Hardwick Hall
Matlock & Bakewell
All within 1 - 2 hours drive.
All under 30 minutes drive.
Village of Ashover just 5 minutes away by car.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Jan 2017 - 23 Dec 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Prices are a guide price only.
Two nights/weekend break start at £1085 - Three nights start at £1510 - Weekly prices start at £2100
Prices vary from season to season so please visit our website www.oldfieldproperties.co.uk for price bands.
Please call owner on 01246 590413 or 07828 450001 for best price deals.
Changeover days are usually Friday or Monday but we are flexible depending on the time of year.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Three bathrooms with victorian roll-top bath, separate shower cubicle, hand basin and toilet. Ground floor cloakroom.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: 6 Bedroom House Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king sized bed Bedroom 2 with king sized bed Bedroom 3 with double bed Bedroom 4 with king sized bed Bedroom 5 with twin beds Bedroom 6 with single bed Two full-sized, luxury hotel style fold-up beds are available on request.
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 13
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Oldfield House - From £2,100 per week and £1,680 per 3 night break. Detached with Orangery Fabulous state of the art kitchen with superb cooking range 2 Reception rooms Dining room 42” home cinema 6 Bedrooms - 3 x king, 1 x double , 1 x twin, 1 x single, plus 2 x Z-beds available on request Three Bath/shower rooms and ground floor cloakroom Rural location Excellent views Excellent walking Fishing and sailing nearby Peaceful setting Beautiful location Parking for up to 10 cars Outside: Outside there are beautiful lawned gardens with mature shrubs and trees all overlooking the picturesque Ogston Reservoir just across the lane. The property has its own private patio with BBQ area and parking for up to 10 cars. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Duvets, linen and towels included Other: 5 colour TVs DVD players CD Radio Home Cinema System Cot and high chair available on request Large BBQ, garden furniture, external storage Parking for up to 10 cars