Apartment in Benalmadena Costa, Costa del Sol, Spain - Quiet Location Within 5 Min Reach Of The Beach And Amenities Inc A Large Supermarket And Casino
Avery large light and airy 2 bedroom/2 full bathroom air-conditioned apartment located to the west end of Benalmadena Costa. Well furnished and equipped for 6 people. There is a sofa bed in the lounge which can sleep 2 people. TV and DVD player system installed. The lounge leads onto a small terrace equipped with patio table/chairs . Near the pool area is a small bar serving drinks and hot/cold snacks during the summer months. There is a large car parking area with unreserved spaces so that guests hiring a car have a safe location for parking. The grounds and parking area have patrolling security personnel. Access to the beach is 5 minutes walk from the complex and there are a number of bars and restaurants also 5 minutes walk away including a large supermarket. Many other bars and restaurants are located along the main road leading to/from the complex. Bus stops for local buses are close by.
About the Owner
I live in England with my wife and 5 children . My wife and I both work, but spend most of our holidays in Spain, where we have made many friends both Spanish and British, we love the complex and feel at home each time we go.
From the Owner
“We love Benalmadena because of the fantastic facilities in the area. There are some beautiful beaches and the marina boasts a great range of bars and restaurants. There really is something for everyone here. The area is easily accessible with Malaga airport less than 30 minutes away.”
Activity and Interests
5 minutes to the Benalmadena beaches. The nearest beach is just across the main road and down some steps. This beach is secluded from the main road and has two beach bars and sun lounger/parasol hire facilities. At one end of the beach there is a 50m jetty popular for fishing. All Benalmadena beaches are 'Blue Flag' certified and such facilities as novelty boat rides, jet skiing, paragliding, pedalos, etc are available. Civil Protection personnel constantly patrol the beaches.
Malaga Airport is 16 km away. Taxi from the airport to the apartments costs +/- 35 euros for a maximum of 4 passengers. There are other options available for getting from the airport to the apartment and these will be sent to guests. Car hire is plentiful but not essential as many amenities are close by and public transport is cheap. Bus stops with buses west to Fuengirola, Mijas and Marbella and east to Torremolinos and Malaga are close by. The nearest taxi rank is 5 minutes walk away.
There are many places of interest to visit in Andalucia. There is an office where excursions can be booked 10 minutes walk away. Excursions available include Gibraltar, Ronda, The Lakes and Antequera, Cordoba and 1/3/5 day trips to Morocco. The new high speed train (300 km/hr) from Malaga to Madrid is easily accessible gaining access to the centre of Madrid in just 2.75 hours.
Benalmadena is a popular coastal tourist resort. There are numerous bars, shops and restaurants to suit all tastes. The nearest supermarket is just 3 minutes walk away as is the Casino in the opposite direction. There are many interesting things do do around the area. To familiarize yourself with the area there is an open-top bus tour available; tickets are valid for 24 hours. Tivoli amusement park is fairly close +/- 7 euros for a taxi for 4 people. There is a cable car going to the top of the mountain backing the resort. At the top there are displays of birds of prey and on a clear day you can view the Atlas Mountains in North Africa. Just 20/25 minutes walk away is Paloma Park with chickens, ducks, rabbits and peacocks running wild. In the park is a lake with fish, terrapins, swans, etc. There are children's play facilities, a large cacti garden and bars. Dog are strictly controlled in the park area. In Torremolinos there is a water theme park. Aqualand, access by local bus or taxi. Benalmadena Marina is 30 minutes walk. There are numerous shops, bars and restaurants. Boat trips are also available. The city of Malaga is accessible by local bus or train. It is famous as the birthplace of the artist Pablo Picasso and you are able to visit his birthplace and the Picasso museum. In Malaga there is also a cathedral, castle and large shopping centre. In the other direction, the next resort of Fuengirola has a very good zoo. The typical Spanish village of Mijas, nestled into the side of a mountain, is a popular place for tourists to visit and also has a small British run chocolate factory! Mijas offers spectacular views of the whole of the western Costa del Sol. On a clear day you are able to see the Rock of Gibraltar, some 100 km away. Further down the coast, in a westerly direction,there is a safari park near the town of Estepona. Buses run daily from Benalmadena.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
First check availability by clicking on 'CHECK AVAILABILITY' button. This will take you to a calendar showing when the apartment is free/booked. If you wish to make a booking a deposit of 20% will be required to be paid into a UK bank account. You will be allowed 1 week to pay this deposit. The balance is payable to the same bank account one month before the start of your holiday. In addition there is a refundable security deposit of £200 to cover any major damages.
Changeover days are flexible but please note if outgoing and incoming guests depart/arrive the same day we have to insist departures are by 10am and arrivals after 4pm. This is for the cleaning and laundry to take place.
Notes on prices:
Book three weeks get fourth week FREE
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is just five minutes walk from the fabulous beach and we have three fantastic pools on our complex(1 children's). For those who enjoy a more active holiday, you can take advantage of the range of fantastic golf courses and we have a Casino over the road that offers great shows and the chance to have a flutter. If you are looking to stay in and eat in the apartment the supermarket is 5 minutes walk along with local bars and restaurants. The local theme park is 1 mile away and the Zoo 3 miles and offer great entertainment for family's and children.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- theme parks
- gambling casinos
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- golf pass optional
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 has 2 separate wash basins, bath/shower over, toilet and bidet. A second bathroom with access from the lounge area also has wash basin, bath/shower over, toilet and bidet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has 2 twin beds, fitted wardrobes and en-suite bathroom plus bedroom furnishings. Doors open onto the terrace area. Bedroom 2 has 2 twin beds, fitted wardrobes plus bedroom furnishings. Both have air-conditioning vents and ceiling fans.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is air-conditioned which can be switched over to heating in the winter. Cooling fans are also fitted in the lounge and bedrooms. The apartment has higher than normal ceilings which make it very light and airy. Located on the second floor it has easy access as there are 3 lifts serving the building. On entering the building there is a reception area which is manned during the busy periods. Security staff patrol the inside and outside areas. Outside: There are 3 swimming pools. 2 of them have depths ranging from 1.2 to 2.4m, the third is a children's pool of 0.5m depth. The pools are open during the summer months from 11am to 8pm. There is a qualified lifeguard on duty when the pools are open. Sun lounger beds are available for hire around the pool; The pools are set in well maintained attractive gardens with numerous flower beds and a pond stocked with fish. Passes are required to gain access to the pool area; 6 passes have been allocated to the apartment. In the pool area there is a small thatched roof bar surrounded by tables, chairs and parasols. It is open from mid June to mid September serving hot and cold snack meals and a full range of drinks. There is ample car parking outside the building. All places are unreserved so guests hiring a car will be able to find a space for overnight parking. Waste bins, including facilities for recyclable waste, are also located in the car park. Utility Room: There is a small utility cupboard for storage of cleaning equipment, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are provided although guests are asked to bring beach towels. The property will be cleaned before guests arrive, the cost of cleaning is included in the rental price. Spare bed linen is available. There is no maid service. Other: The lounge has double sliding doors leading to a large open air terrace equipped with patio table and chairs. There is also a collapsible clothes drying frame.