Chateau / Manor House in Cambayrac, Lot, Midi-Pyrenees, France - Absolute Privacy, Peace And Quiet
Chateau Joncasses is a 11 bedroomed chateau set in 50 acres of private grounds nestling on a hillside in the Midi Pyrenees with stunning views overlooking the Lot Valley. Absolute privacy and peace and quiet can be found here. The huge solar heated pool and dome covered Jacuzzi and tranquil fountains provides the perfect daytime retreat. At night the pool is lit and provides a lovely backdrop to supper on the terrace. The Chateau has a separate extensive indoor sports building which includes a court marked out for badminton/soft tennis/basketball, a pool table, table top football, two table tennis tables, a darts area and a full keep fit area stocked with cycles, walking and rowing machines. Outside there is a 5-a-side football pitch and a target golf course with six flags. Distances range from 100 to 170 metres which make it ideal for the serious golfer to hone his short game but also great fun for all members of the family.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We enjoyed a spectacular week at the Chateau Joncasses with our two young children. The grounds and views are wonderful with the activities barn and the undulating golf course ideal for a walk or for the chilldren to burn off some energy. The chateau itself is beautifully romantic with its fairytale tower with a princess bedroom at the top - my 3 year old daughter was in heaven! We thoroughly enjoyed to pool too and Eric was very attentive to any needs we had, or for advice on the local area. Highly recommended - especially if you are a large group!
We spent a glorious week with our extended family - including grandchildren from 1 year old to 7 years old - fifteen of us in total. The chateau exceeded our hopes in every way, and there was so much to do when we had the energy, and a perfect place to relax when we didn't. Cedric, a local chef and organic farmer prepared some lovely meals for us at very reasonable cost, and Eric was always on hand to make sure thin
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
All the activities associated with the river at Cahors are available. Those interested in wine are well catered for by all the vineyards in the area and in house wine tastings in the chateau cellar can be arranged.
The chateau is not within easy reach of the coast - hence the enormous pool!
Toulouse and Bergerac are the nearest airports and Cahors is the nearest railway station. Both airports have several options for car hire.
Activities Parc en ciel (Adventure Park)
Les Amis du Cele (Canoe/Kayaks, Climbing, Caving)
Les Croisieres Fenelon (River Trips on the Lot)
Maison Des Guides (Climbing/Caving)
Babou Marine (Private Hire Boats)
Cap Nature (Adventure Trails in the Trees)
Golf de Bourat (9 hole course)
Le Bateau Safaraid (River Trips on the Lot)
La Foret des Singes (Nature park – Barbary Monkeys)
La Feerie (World of Fantasy)
Gouffre de Padriac (underground river/caves)
Situated in the commune of Cambayrac near the charming town of Luzech and just 25kms from Cahors (the medieval capital of the Lot) Chateau Joncasses sits in the heart of the kings vineyards and is only 1.5 hours drive from the airports of Toulouse and Bergerac. The chateau is a short bike ride from a lovely little village and a 15 minute drive from all the amenities at Cahors including major banks and supermarkets.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
email with dates - booking documents with instructions for transfer of deposit will be sent to you - sign booking form will be returned to you once deposit received and remaining of booking fee is due 12 weeks before holiday date.
Arrival Saturday after 5pm Departure Saturday 10am (this allows a thorough weekly clean)
Notes on prices:
High Season 7500 Euro
Low Season 8500 Euro (additional cost is because outdoor pool continues to be heated year round!)
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- chateau / country house
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 6 - Shower Enclosure
- 9 bathrooms
- 11 Bedrooms, Sleeps 26
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Bedroom 10
- Bedroom 11
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 26 (11 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 11 Bedrooms
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Ground Floor 1.Drawing room – containing leather chesterfields around an open fireplace with wood-burner, satellite TV and stereo. Large dining room table. Access to rear terrace garden and pool. 2.Kitchen with dining area opening onto the rear terrace garden and pool. Kitchen has range cooker providing five burners, electric hotplate, two ovens and separate grill. Island preparation area with two fridges, separate freezer, microwave and dishwasher. 3.Double bedroom with en suite shower room. 4.Clock-room with basin and loo. 5.Rear terrace garden has dining tables and chairs, a large gas BBQ and a children’s play area with swings, sand pit etc. 6.Pool area contains lots of toys for in the water but we recommend that for your peace of mind you fit young children with water buoyancy aids suitable for their size and bring these items with you as we cannot guarantee we will have items suitable for your children. Outside: Huge private solar heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, large terraces, children's play areas with swings, sand pit etc. Large gas BBQ, patio furniture. Utility Room: washing machine and dyer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: linen and towels included - property cleaned and linen/towels changed - more frequent changes available at additional cost Other: Large sports hall with badminton court, gym, ping pong, table football, darts, basketball hoops, various sized mountain bikes