House in Polzeath, Cornwall, England - Peaceful Location With Amazing Views, Easy 2 Minute Walk To Beach/Shops, On Private Road, Parking
Endellion House is situated in the heart of Polzeath with breath-taking views over the beach & surrounding coastline. Less than 100 metres from the beach & shops, our home has been designed to fully enjoy unrivaled views from its principal rooms: the expansive open-plan living room; the huge sun-deck complete with 8-person hot-tub; & master-bedroom plus private sun-terrace.
Endellion House is beautifully furnished: leather sofas; log-burning stove & lots of logs; 65" TV, & DVD library; apres-surf bar area; fully-kitted out kitchen complete with Nespresso machine and granite work-surfaces; Roman Blinds made from Romo & Jane Churchill fabric, with black-out blinds for wakeful children in two bedrooms.
Endellion House is our second home & our standards are high! - gorgeous bedding, snugly duvets, sumptuous bath-towels, toiletries from local St Kitts Herbery, recipe books, book shelves with holiday-reads, puzzles & games to enjoy with the family, plus a welcome hamper of local delicacies. The hamper includes (although contents might sometimes change):
- Bottle of Camel Valley
- Cornish Cider & Doom Bar (four bottles in total)
- Orange Juice
- Cornish tea: scones, clotted cream, butter & jam
- Nespresso pods (starter selection)
- Daily Telegraph
If you have infants in your party, we can provide you with the following equipment:
- 2 travel cots (not the bedding)
- 1 high-chair
If you are looking flexible accommodation, the Annex at the back of the house boasts a well-kitted out fun Games Room (47" TV, BluRay DVD player, Sound Bar, XBox Kinect, full-size table-football) and beautiful double bedroom, plus ensuite shower & WC.
The Annex is a perfect resource for:
- Grandparents coming to stay
- Teenagers wanting some privacy
- A second family visiting
- Accommodation for a nanny / au-pair
We believe you’ll have a truly memorable holiday in Polzeath & will want to return year after year.
Top Traveller Review
AMAZING HOUSE, STUNNING VIEWS
About the Owner
I live in England with my husband and three children.
I love amazing views, cooking delicious food, relaxing in comfortable beds, enjoying the sound of children and friends laughing, a great beach walk and a glass or two of great wine.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We loved the house, the view, the walks ... you have created the perfect Polzeath pad. We hope to be back very soon to explore this beautiful area. Thanks so much for some wonderful memories of Endellion House." Nick M, 13/4/14
"I will never forget the stunning view as you first walk through your gates - AMAZING!!! Your view is so relaxing - immediately puts you into a holiday mood. This is the perfect house to come back to after an afternoon on the beach just a few steps away! Lovely to be able to see the girls walking on the beach from the balcony. We loved the hot tub, playing cars at the bar, body-boarding, escaping to watch a film, being close enough to walk to the shops, walks early morning over the cliffs, collecting shells and just hanging out in your beautiful house! Can't wait to be back here again!" Sophie H - 11/4/14
"Wow, wow, wow! I love this house! I couldn't believe the view, as soon as I stepped out of the car and then came inside." Liz L - 21/1/14
5 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
AMAZING HOUSE, STUNNING VIEWS
WOW ! Endellion House - what a place ! Could not fault one thing about it....furnished to an extremely high standard - both inside and out!! The owners have literally thought about everything...from a fully equipped kitchen (including much welcomed liquid refreshments and scones on arrival) & utility, sound system, playroom, beautifully furnished bedrooms, inside and outside spacious dining areas, warm outdoor shower, and we can't forget the hot tub (oh, and bean bags!!) - all with a very comprehensive visitor manual ! The location could not be more ideal...yards away from the beach and centre of Polzeath...the views from the decked terrace - simply stunning - the sunsets are some of the best I have ever seen!! We visited as 2 families with children aged between 7 & 12 all who asked 'can we come again next year'....we definitely will be !! 5 STARS *****
A Magical Experience
We chose to use Endellion House for a Yoga & Nutrition Weekend and could not be more thrilled that we did. Every one of our clients fell head over heels in love with the house.
The view is absolutely breathtaking and conducting yoga and meditation classes on the terrace was an absolute dream. The most calming and serene location I have ever taught yoga and Ive just come back from a winter working in the Maldives!
The attention to detail in the house was outstanding. Abigail has thought of every single nuance possible and is extremely knowledgable of the surrounding areas which helped us enormously with the guided walks.
When we arrived the house was pristine, and the kitchen very well equipped to be catering for a nutritional weekend!
Can't recommend this house enough, we will definitely be coming back!
Thank you for an unforgettable weekend.
A magnificent house in a stunning setting!
We have spent many holidays in Polzeath and always admired the blue balcony from the beach - so we were excited to see it 'from the inside'! It did not disappoint!
Once we had ooh'd and aah'd our way around each room in Endellion House, we took in the welcome parcel - a stunning floral arrangement and delicious fresh scones, clotted cream and jam with Cornish tea were the first to be enjoyed - the Camel Fizz, beer and cider came later...!
Endellion house is beautifully designed and furnished - it immediately feels very homely and welcoming, from the slogan mugs in the kitchen (wondering would I be 'misunderstood', a 'sea dog' or 'marriage material' with each morning cuppa!!), to the extremely comfortable beds and linen, lovely bathrooms and comfy chairs and sofas. The kitchen was equipped with everything we might need & of a very good standard - it didn't feel like rental properties we've stayed in before... The lighting and sound system in the living area are amazing and really add to the ambience and the beauty of the view from the balcony. A big must is to sit at the bar table - the chairs are so comfortable and in our opinion, it was the best view of all from that level as you can see above the balcony surround. The annex was also a fantastic attraction for the children and allowed a bit of peace for the surf-weary adults! As well as looking so amazing though, the house works really well on a practical level - it's so easy to walk down to the beach, then easy to clean off once you're back, rinsing wetsuits, and then hanging them out to dry for the next day.
We used the Surf school recommended by Endellion, Surf's Up, and would also highly recommend them - our children aren't the hardiest but the instructor put them all in winter wetsuits which made the world of difference and they had a brilliant time!
Our final recommendation would be Surf-Side - we had lobster and a bottle of rose as the sun went down while the kids played on the beach - what's not to like??!!
In conclusion, we had a truly wonderful week in Endellion House and will certainly be back - I would recommend the house 100%!!
This house was perfect in every way. It was exactly as advertised but even better when you arrived. The small touches like toiletries and a welcome pack made all the difference to the feeling of the holiday and we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves from the moment we opened the door.
The house was very spacious and perfect for an extended family. The hot tub and games room were particularly enjoyed by the younger members and we all loved the sound system!
We have been to this area of Cornwall on many occasions and have our regular must-do activities. These include a trip to Port Isaac, cycling the Camel Trail, the ferry to Padstow, the walk to Rock, pasties for lunch, the walk to Pentire Point etc etc. All these are available from the house and most without the need of the car. And I haven't even mentioned the beach yet with its surfing, boogie boarding and skimming activities.
So, all in all, a perfect place to visit and a wonderful house to stay in.
From a practical point of view I would not like to stay in the house with a child under the age of about 3 because there are about 45 steps down to the beach road from the house and then 45 back up again. I can imagine this being a bit of an ordeal with young children and buggies!
Other than that, I would thoroughly recommend this property to anyone looking for a luxury home, close to all amenities and beautifully appointed.
Best property in the best location
I grew up near here so I know the location and it is as fantastic as it has always been. Since leaving Cornwall 35 years ago I have returned every year to North Cornwall to holiday and visit family. Our recent holiday to Endellion house has to be the best ever. This property is superb, the view is stunning and the facilities are second to none. Everything has been thought of and more, the owners really have taken great care to provide you with an immaculate house beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean - you will want for nothing (except to return) we intend to!
Weekend in Polzeath
What an amazing place to stay in Polzeath! The views were nothing short of spectacular. Proximity to the beach perfect as just moments away. Same goes to for the shops & bars etc.
Our bedroom was quiet and comfortable and the house was very generous in size.
The spa worked beautifully set in the super-sized deck that I imagine must be great in the sunshine & warmth of summer. Oh - and the log fire worked its magic! Enormous TV and great sound system when we could take our eyes away from THAT view!
Thank you so much and hopefully we'll be back soon.
Dave & Tracey
From the Owner
“Since our children were very young we've been returning to Polzeath every year as it is breathtakingly beautiful and provides the perfect holiday every time, whatever the weather. There is nothing quite like the beach at Polzeath: its shallow safe and sloping beach which, at low tide, seems to go out for miles, the rock-pools teaming with life, the surfing and body-boarding... there is nothing quite like the feeling of catching that perfect wave! There is so much to do for every generation without having to get into the car: great restaurants; super pubs; amazing cliff walks; hidden beaches to explore; Padstow, Rock and Port Isaac all so close - and with the most amazing view to enjoy all year round.”
Activity and Interests
Polzeath Beach is just 2 minutes from Endellion House. This magnificent clean sandy beach, complete with rock-pools full of treasures, is a family favourite, thrill-seeking surfers & walkers with many returning year after year. Described by Condé Nast Traveller as one of Britain's Best Beaches, it is 460m wide & extends endlessly for 370 m at low tide. The beach offers good surf for beginners & more experienced surfers, & is patrolled by RNLI lifeguards during much of the Summer.
If you drive to Endellion House there is parking for one car, with an additional two garage spaces for larger groups.
The closest mainline train station is Bodmin Parkway served by First Great Western on the London Paddington/Penzance line. Taxis are available from here (30 mins).
The closest airport is Newquay Cornwall & is served by most UK regional airports, including 3 flights per day from Gatwick. Taxis are available from here (45 mins).
Daymer Bay: 7 min drive, or 30 min walk
Newquay: 45 min drive
Padstow: 35 min drive or park at Rock & get ‘Black Tor’ ferry to Padstow. There is ample parking. Check tide table to find out where its departing from. Adults £3, children £2.
Port Isaac: 15 min drive, or 6 hour amazing walk (584 Greyhound bus to Port Isaac & walk home!)
Rock: 5 min drive, 40 min walk
Tintagel: 25 min drive
Wadebridge & start of Camel Trail: 20 min drive. Kayak & bike hire available here.
Polzeath & the surrounding area hold a treasure-trove of activities for anyone who enjoys being outside. Whether it is a great bucket-and-spade holiday, surfing adventure, exploring a new section of the stunning South West Coastal Path, or cycling the Camel Trail, Polzeath is perfectly placed to do all this.
Polzeath's main street runs along the seafront & has a row of shops & restaurants that cater for holiday-makers and residents alike. With a brilliantly stocked Spar, a cafe serving the best cappuccino’s, the superb Waterfront restaurant with its wonderful views out to sea, the Oyster Catcher up the road serving a wonderful pint of Doom Bar, plus ice-cream shops, bucket-and-spade treasure-troves & an impressive surfing emporium, Polzeath provides everything you need for the perfect holiday without having to get in the car.
Polzeath's Surf's Up Surf School provides comprehensive instruction to beginners wanting to taste the thrill of catching their first wave, to advanced surfers wanting to hone their skills.
Cornwall's pretty-as-a-picture Port Isaac is just a 10-minute drive away, full of picturesque white-washed cottages nestling between steep cliffs. Port Isaac offers some of the best, freshest seafood that the area has to offer: either to catch on fishing trips from the harbour, to take home from the famous fish cellars (Just Shellfish), or indulge in one of the many restaurants.
For those who love boating, Rock is just around the corner from Polzeath offering a plethora of watery activities from sailing, to windsurfing and water-skiing. And there is plenty to keep land-lubbers busy: exploring the beautiful church at St Enodoc where John Betjamin is buried, to scampering up Brea Hill, plus golfing at St Enodoc Golf Club.
Last but not least is Padstow with its famous resident chef Rick Stein – the perfect place to wander through its winding old streets, do some shopping & enjoy some excellent freshly caught lunch.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
- 50% deposit, plus signed Terms and Conditions returned. Final 50% due 6-weeks before arrival
- Damages Deposit of £500 to be included with final payment - this is promptly refunded within 14 days of departure on completion of guests’ inventory by house-keeper
- 10% discount on 2nd consecutive week booked
- Bookings accepted by post only - no emailed PDFs
- We usually only accept full-week bookings, but do ask if you've specific dates as we'll try to be flexible wherever possible!
Changeover day for weekly rentals is Friday. For long-weekends, changeover/cleaning is on a bespoke basis & communicated accordingly.
Guests can access the house from 4pm. Departing guests must leave the property (clean, tidy & locked-up) by 10am.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Just seconds from Polzeath Beach and the village shops (including ice-cream bar!) and with one of the most breathtaking and uninterrupted sea-views available, we believe that our home (complete with huge sun-deck and private hot-tub) provides year-round holiday heaven for people wanting to have a luxurious self-catering holiday in the UK. We have ensured that the furnishings and 'kit' are of the highest standard that will really make you feel looked after: logs for the log-burning stove; gorgeous bathroom soaps from the local St Kitts Herbery; welcome hamper full of local yummy products; Egyptian-cotton bath towels; Joules bed linen; Nespresso coffee machine; 50" TV with surround sound; Xbox/Kinect; books & games galore.”
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Events Allowed
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom: bath, power-shower, loo, basin En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1: loo, basin & shower En-suite loo to bedroom 3 En-suite shower room for bedroom 5 in Annex: shower, loo, basin Note: heated outside shower for use after surfing/beach
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: king-size bed, en-suite shower room, terrace, adjoining small office Bedroom 2: 1 double & 1 single bed Bedroom 3: double bed, en-suite WC Bedroom 4: 2 single beds Annex with Bedroom 5 (double bed), en-suite shower room (optional for 2014)
- Balcony ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: On arrival, guests will be greeted with a welcoming hamper of local delicacies to ensure that the holiday starts immediately. In addition, we try to keep the kitchen cupboards topped up with basics such as olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper so you do not have to start catering from complete scratch. Tesco, Sainsburys, ASDA & local Trebetherick Stores all deliver to Polzeath so don’t forget to organise your shop in advance. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other special requirements such as: - arranging fresh flowers - additional cleaning - cooking for a special occasion - guided walks - babysitting Please note that the house is non-smoking. There is 'Infinity' Broadband installed in the main house. We can offer long-weekend stays out of season - please ask. Outside: Endellion House has a huge west-facing sun-deck (12 metres by 6 metres) with ample furniture for guests to comfortably enjoy the panoramic views: large heart-shaped sun-bed, large teak dining table with 12 chairs, a double swing in the garden, plus cupboard full of beach games. The master bedroom's private patio has a table & set of comfortable chairs. On the sun-deck there is a private hot-hub for 8 people. Plus, there's a welcoming warm power-shower: perfect for rinsing off sand & salt water after an exhilarating surfing session catching that all-important wave, or competitive sandcastle building competition. The outside area is well screened for good privacy. There is access to the property at the top (parking) & bottom through secure gates. A stepped paved pathway runs the length of the grounds leading to 2 private roads, both lead to the village & beach in 2 minutes. There is a large coal BBQ. Parking is available at the top of the property. Utility Room: Washing machine, condenser tumble-drier, plus hanging space for wet-suits. Additional fridge. Note: access to the utility room is from the patio rather than the main house. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Beds/duvets/pillows made-up with Joules Sea-gull/Sailing Boat linen Egyptian bath/hand-towels provided. Guests must bring own beach-towels Property cleaned on change-over day, must be left clean/tidy Linen changed/house cleaned weekly - 2 week lets Other: There's a separate Annex incorporating: - Double bedroom & en-suite shower room - Games Room with sofa bed, Xbox, 47" TV, DVD, Table-football The Annex is perfect for teenagers or 2nd family.