Villa in Mar Menor Golf Resort, Costa Calida, Spain - The Property Is Located On A Quiet, One-way Avenue Away From The Main Resort Access Roads
The property is ideally located in a quite and peaceful residential area between the Town Centre and the El Boulevard areas of the resort. At the Resort Town Centre you will find the supermarket, communal pool with bar and changing areas, the hairdressers, resort management offices, El Olivo Pool Bar, Steakhouse Restaurant, kids club, Fontana Italian Restaurant, a floodlit tennis court, taxi rank and the bus stop for the free shuttle to the beach and shopping centres (and back!). In addition there is the Clover Irish Bar, Lobby Bar, The Nomad Restaurant and the Hotel Poolside Bar where they have kids discos and live family entertainment most nights during summer. The 5 Star Intercontinental Hotel with Spa, Spikes Bar and Clubhouse are also located in this area."El Boulevard" is a long promenade of shops, bars, offices and restaurants located just outside the resort gates. Here you will find: Triana Andalucian Restaurant, Alabama Restaurant, La Perla Negra Pub, Bombay Dreams Indian.
About the Owner
We are a family of 3 children and live in Essex.
We bought this fabulous villa in 2013. We have always loved this part of Spain and knew the area well before choosing this resort. The sun and wanted a peaceful place where we could holiday as a family and have guests over often.The beaches around the area are truly wonderful and as we love water sports there are a lot to chose from.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Fantastic villa and location."
My partner and I together with our 3 children rented the villa for a week at the end of June. I can only say that our holiday was spectacular. It is an amazing place to stay. You feel at home immediately when you enter the villa and can’t help but be instantly relaxed. The private pool is great (the younger children spent nearly all week in it) and the whole property is very spacious with all mod cons. The resort itself is very good with bars, restaurants and a supermarket within 10 minutes stroll of the villa. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Torre Pacheco and Los Alcazares are lovely towns and well worth a visit. Further afield you may want to consider car hire, but as a place to stay, you'd be hard pressed to find somewhere better than this villa at such good value. We're already making plans for coming back next year, but for longer this time!
Mike & Joanne, Liverpool
Having just returned from a weeks stay in this villa I would rate it highly and definitely consider renting the villa again.
We arrived late on a Saturday evening having driven from Alicante airport. The key holders Paul and Christine were very helpful and the Welcome pack was hugely appreciated. The villa itself is in a nice part of the Mar Menor golf resort. 10 Minutes walk from the supermarket or from the restaurants that sit just outside the resort gates.
We were looking for a villa that advertised a heated pool. Having holidayed in Spain in October before we were looking for a pool that could actually be used in October. This villa more than fit the bill. The weather and the heated pool made our stay. The pool was warm enough to use the entire time we were there.
The weather was warmer than we were expecting and the garden kept the sun from early morning up until almost sun down. The pool was very clean and was cleaned twice while we were there...
"Fabulous villa - home away from home!"
Just back from nine days in this villa. It was lovely. We arrived late on the first night and the house was really well stocked with food and drinks for us. As we have two small children this was invaluable. The villa was spotless and a great size for a family of five. The sky TV and the DVD were used a lot as the weather was very hot (at least 35) when the kids needed distraction during the day. The complex is fabulous with a lovely hotel and supermarket and some nice restaurants near by.
Emer and family - Ireland
From the Owner
“This resort is in a fabulous part of Spain, unspoilt and quietly located although there is plenty to do and explore.There is sunshine all the year round and the beaches are very safe around the Mar Menor. The airport is only 15 minutes drive away with many low cost airlines flying in daily so you always pop over for a short trip. The golf courses are superb and offer challenges for even the better golfers. There is also plenty to do and see for non golfers.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The Costa Calida region
With over 315 days of sunshine every year it is little wonder that the Costa Calida means "warm coast" and the un-spoilt inland waters of the Mar Menor, the largest natural lagoon in Europe, offer safe and warm water bathing, The resort of Los Alcazares is just 10 minutes drive from the apartment and offers watersports beautiful beaches and has a great market in the centre of town on Tuesdays. Murcia City is only 20 mins drive and steeped in history. Famous for its Moorish architecture and huge cathedral which exhibits an eclectic mix of ancient, old, georgian and modern architecture. The city has of course lots of wonderful shops and places to eat. Cartagena is only 25 minutes drive and is one of the world’s most fascinating cities with a history dating back more than 3,000 years. Yet for a variety of reasons it remains little known in comparison with other places in Europe that have a much less distinguished heritage.
The resort is surrounded by countryside and beautiful mountains. There are numerous beach bars and restaurants where you can enjoy tapas or excellent meals and 2 weekly markets for browsing and getting that bargain. The nearest beaches are approx. 5 minutes by car.
Murcia - San Javier airport is an approx 10-15 minute drive away from the resort and Alicante airport is approx 50 minutes drive. Many budget airlines now fly into Murcia. Car hire is available from both airports, (recommended). Full directions will be sent with your confirmation of booking if making your own way to the villa. Airport transfers can be arranged from both Alicante and Murcia (San Javier) airports - prices on request.
The town of Torre Pacheco is 3km away, typically Spanish with quaint squares and a wealth of restaurants and bars to try. The coastal town of Los Alcazares is 7km away with everything a holiday town has to offer.
On site there are tennis courts, supermarket , gym, restaurants, swimming pools, bars, kids clubs and activities and much more all on site. The gym and swimming pool in the clubhouse are free to guests. The supermarket sells a variety of produce and bakes bread and pastries on the premises daily. They also sell English newspapers, books and magazines. The villa has a full information brochure of places to visit and eat for all tastes and ages. Our agents are on site and available 24 hours a day for any queries you may have.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Dec 2016 - 31 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Feb 2017 - 30 Apr 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A 25% non-refundable deposit secures the booking. The balance payment is then paid 30 days before travel along with the security deposit of £150 which will be returned two weeks after departure,subject to no damage. An 90 EURO cleaning charge is payable in Spain at time of stay for any duration as per most villa rentals. Pool heating is available at an additional charge of £95.00 per week. We can arrange extras on your behalf such as car hire, baby seats, etc.....
Please contact owner for changeover day details. We are flexible on arrival and departure days/times, but consideration is given for cleaners to go in between times
Notes on prices:
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (British Pounds) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our villa is undoubtedly in one of the best locations on the resort. You are minutes away from the local shop and the lovely restaurants. The whole villa has been decorated in a high quality contemporary style and provides enough space for a family of 6 to enjoy their holiday. The luxury interior benefits from air conditioners and heating in the winter if need be. We have 2 LD plasma tvs, a DVD player and a sony playstation so the whole family has further choice of what you watch. There is WIFI throughout the apartment for those who can't be parted from their lap tops.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The villa has 3 bathrooms. The main family bathroom has a bath with shower over, there is an en-suite bathroom in the master bedroom and a separate shower room located on the ground floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The property has 3 double bedrooms all with large built in double wardrobes, central radiators and independent air-conditioning units in each room which offer both hot and cold air options. All 3 bedrooms are located on the first floor of the villa.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is located on a quiet, one-way avenue away from the main resort access roads and there is a small green park area with benches 50 yards from the front door. Across the main road at the other side of this park lies a children's play park with a climbing frame, tubular slide, see saws and plenty of sand! The park is overlooking the 8 floodlit padel tennis courts and brand new air-conditioned gym with state of the art fitness equipment and LCD TV screens. There is another children's play park a little further round which has slides, frames, see-saws and swings. In addition there are plenty of open green areas ideal for a family game of cricket or football. Outside: The villa has its very own private fenced in rear garden with a fully tiled solarium and a heated swimming pool! There are 4 sun loungers provided for your use. The garden is fully enclosed and there are numerous shrubs and a pine tree too. There is also access to a further private solarium on the first floor ideal for enjoying a morning coffee in the sun or a moonlit glass of wine in the evening. It has a 3 piece suite and a coffee table Utility Room: There is a separate Utility Room equipped with a washing machine and dryer. There is also an electric iron and a ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen, including quilts for the winter months are provided. The villa is cleaned before arrival and at departure. For long stays cleaning in between the stay can be arranged. Other: From the lounge there are sliding patio doors which provide access to the large covered dining terrace where there is a table with seating for up to 6 people, ideal for al fresco dining or a family barbecue on the warm summer evenings.