Farmhouse in Lizant, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France - Lovely And Quite, Within Easy Walking Distant Of The Village. Paradise
A beautiful, four bedroomed, family, south facing stone farmhouse with exceptionally roomy and well equipped accommodation. It has wonderful peaceful views of the garden, patios and pool, all south facing. As we say 'Another day in paradise'. Within easy walking distance from the of the village of Lizant. With its, mill, water sources, wash houses, and all the incumbent wildlife. Miles of excellent walking/cycling tracks. Within easy reach of Poitier and Limoges airports.
Top Traveller Review
Home from home
About the Owner
I live in England on the South Coast I am retired and spend time in France and Wales were we have many friends. In France we are always having friends around as the place is made for entertaining. I really enjoy the wild life especially watching the birds such as the hoopoe and golden oriole along with the butterflies. My grandchildren when they are not in the pool enjoy making trails in the wood and the girls dance under the fairy lights in the pergola.. whilst we sip wine under the stars. Bliss! I truly hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Georgina Tobin : A wonderful surprise everything as expected. The boys were in and out of the pool all day long! Thank you, certainly will come again.
Sharon & Ian: We have been several times still as relaxing as ever.
Les and Caroline: Wonderful area and the house feels homely, comfortable beds!
1 holidaymaker review
Home from home
We have just returned from two weeks at this property in France, and loved it. A stunning home, lots of space which allowed our extended family group to enjoy a holiday without feeling cramped. A secluded location meant quiet evenings on the patio, and a pub, chip shop and bakery in the nearby town. Beaches within driving distance, but the lure of this property is the house and garden. We did not venture far, it was idyllic and a real 'home from home', that radiated with the personal touch from owner Keith, rather than just another rental. Just over six hours drive from Calais.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the area and the position of the farm house because it is close to all amenities, yet it is in a small hamlet at the end of a lane with no one in front of it so very private and quite, very safe for children with no traffic any were near it. The village of Lizant is just a short walk and has the Pub which also serves pizzas and steaks and the restaurant La Sirene which has a good menu as well as take away food. Seating is in the garden during the summer and is well supported. The towns of Civary just about 7 k away good for tourist info and Ruffec about 9k and is larger and has several large stores. The coast is just an hour & half away The house has been renovated with all mod cons but still kept it own character”
Activity and Interests
The coastal town of La Rochelle is within 1 1/2hrs drive as is that coast, Fouras famous for mussels and oysters
Ile de Re a beautiful island
Lizant is 8 kilometre from the Vouleme turn off on the N10
The airports of Poitiers, Angouleme and Limoges are only an hours drive away.
The port of Calais and Boulogne are approx. 7 1/2 hours drive
Newhaven/Dieppe is approx 5 1/2 hours drive
Caen and St Malow are approx. 4 1/2 hours drive
Cognac is approximately 40 mins drive
Tours and the Loire Valley of châteaux is 2 hours drive
Future Scope is approx. 40 mins drive
Bordeaux is less than 2 hours drive
The Valley of the Singes (monkeys) 30 mins drive
Chateau Rochefoucauld experience medieval dressing up.
Chateau of Verteuil picturesque surroundings on a river with a working mill/ restaurant
Nanteuil famous, picturesque, medieval village with wash house, abbey and numerous, excellent restraurants and cafes
Much, much more..
Locally, Horse riding stables.
Trout Fisherie with restaurant where you can catch your own fish to have cooked for you or to BBQ on site yourself or take away.. Often holds a dinner dance (The Lizant Marie office has a free booklet on events held locally if ours has disappeared)
Several art groups
In the village there is a boulangerie, Bar restaurant: The Salamander and superb restaurant with fast food takeaway facility: La Sirene
Medium sized towns Civray and Ruffec (with mainline train station), are 6 to 8 kilometres away. Having shopping areas and large supermarkets also weekly markets also outdoor swimming pools.
Dedicated and tasteful parkland swimming areas on sandy beaches in the rivers are at:
Ruffec including boating, pedalos and canoeing with little islands and play ground, mill and weir with an old eal trap
St Macau has a water slide usually a lifeguard in a 'lake'
Civray river area has an obstacle play park approach from the village
All three have restaurants and kiosks
Fishing in the rivers
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Sep 2016 - 22 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
23 Oct 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% deposit payable at booking the balance 8 weeks prior to arrival with £100 refundable security deposit. Payment accepted by bank or bank transfer.
If you wish to make a booking please contact us and we will send you an email booking form
Saturday we ask that guests depart no later than 10 am arrive 4 pm onwards
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the exclusive use of the property and includes all utilities, internet access, land line telephone local calls.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“A unique setting which is very quite, peaceful if you are lucky you might get to see the resident hare or deer passing through at the bottom of the garden. The valley echoes with the song of birds, and flowers of the patio attract a continuous parade of butterflies. At night the heavens just open up having no light pollution. It is just so tranquil so easy to chill out. As we say, just another day in paradise”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath/shower over, bidet ,WC, sink En-suite bathroom to bedroom 4 with shower WC, sink Opposite bedrooms 3 and 4 is a large Bathroom with bath/shower over, bidet, WC, sink Downstairs WC, sink and shower
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 Extra large with a double bed, dressing and seating area Bedroom 2 Large with a double bed, single bed, cot and nursing chair Bedroom 3 Double bed and seating Bedroom 4 Extra large with a double bed, bunk beds and seating
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Non smoking. Highly suitable for families of all ages. South facing patio overlooking the pool and garden. Please note that continental adaptors are not required Outside: The house stands at the end of a secluded private lane in its own south facing private grounds. Large split level patio, BBQ, garden table and chairs ,sun loungers all overlooking the 5 x 4 metres [approx.] pool. Lawn of 1 1/2 acres and 2 acres of woodland. Far end of lawn is dedicated to a wild flower meadow with paths mown thru attracting butterflies and other wild life. Separate, quiet, pergola area with table and chairs also overlooking the pool. Bicycles available at guests own risk. Utility Room: American fridge freezer with ice and filtered water dispenser. Washing machine, vacuum cleaner, iron/ironing board, high chair. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed and cot linen, tea towels, house towels are included. Please bring own pool towels. Property is cleaned on changeover day. Hair dryer Other: Large landing overlooking garden with window seat.