Villa in Ortaalan, Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Peaceful Location, 15-20 Minutes Walk To Kalkan Old Town
Villa Papatya is a beautiful detached villa with private pool and rooftop terrace with stunning views of the mountains and bay, with a jacuzzi from which to enjoy it. On the ground level the garden is ablaze with hibiscus, olive and palm trees, surrounding a beautiful private pool and terrace. This three bedroom villa is furnished to a very high standard and is a real holiday home, not just a rental villa. It includes all the facilities you would expect to find in high quality accommodation, including TV with DVD/CD player, Ipod docking station, free wifi, pool towels provided, weekly maid service, barbecue, sunbeds and outdoor furniture. Plus there is the traditional Ottoman lounge with access to the pool terrace through French windows.
About the Owner
Being well travelled, I rarely returned to a place twice; however, I visited Kalkan for the first time in 2009 and loved it, returned and bought the villa. I am widowed and divide my time between my villa in Kalkan, family in the United Kingdom and Dallas. I have spent many summers in Kalkan now enjoying the beautiful scenery, amazing food and love the hospitable Turkish people. My family have been to visit on several occasions and like me, have been won over by the place.
From the Owner
“The first time I visited Kalkan I realized this was a special place, a little gem that was still typically Turkish. There are so many amazing places to eat in Kalkan, serving everything from real Turkish cuisine to the highest quality international food. The views from the restaurants roof top terraces are breathtaking and add a whole new dimension to Al-fresco dining. Kalkan is a pretty town which rises up the hills beyond the bays; there is a lovely harbour with many more restaurants and bars situated here.”
Activity and Interests
The beach clubs of Kalkan can be reached by a 3 minute drive along with the pretty harbour. Patara beach is a 20 minute drive.
Dalaman airport is the nearest and takes approximately 1 hours and 30 minutes. Transfers can be arranged on your behalf.
Kalkan old town and restaurants are located approximately by a 15-20 minute walk or a 3 minute drive. We do have a telephone in the villa for your use for local calls and a taxi company that we regularly use and can highly recommend.
Many of the supermarkets in Kalkan will deliver your groceries to you on the same day to save you carrying heavy items such as bottled water back to the villa with you. Kalkan has an abundance of great restaurants with outstanding views from the rooftop terraces. We can highly recommend several restaurants, details of which can be emailed to you.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure a booking. The balance is payable 8 weeks prior to arrival along with a cheque for £150 damages/breakages security (for other than normal wear and tear), refunded within ten days of departure subject to clearance by the maintenance company. We also ask that you only smoke outside on the terrace. We will be happy to answer any of your questions you may have regarding the Villa Papatya, the area or flights.
Changeover day is flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices may be subject to changes at the advertiser's discretion. Reduction for 2 consecutive weeks -5%.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“I chose Villa Papatya for it had the feel of a real holiday home and not just a rental property. I wanted to decorate the villa with a real Turkish feel to it and have had many lovely comments, especially about the Ottoman room. It is situated in a more tranquil location, yet within easy reaching distance of the shops, bars and restaurants. I have a caretaker on hand for any emergencies and a local cleaner who is always willing to help.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- On the first floor there is an en-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower combined. There is also a family bathroom with shower and washing machine. There is also a WC on the ground floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom one is a double bedroom with king size bed, en-suite bathroom with shower combined with a walk-in closet, flat-screen TV and balcony. Bedrooms two and three are twin bedrooms with two single beds and balcony.
- Outside: Villa Papatya boasts rustic charm and bohemian character in abundance, from the landscaped garden to the hand picked ornaments which complete her unique decor. On the ground level the garden is ablaze with hibiscus, olive and palm trees surrounding a beautiful private pool terrace. The Al-fresco dining area under gourd lamps, BBQ and general tranquillity will have you spending long hours outdoors. The rooftop has stunning views of the mountains and bay with a Jacuzzi (accommodates 4) and 2 sofas for your comfort. There is also a kitchen area with fridge and sink to enjoy a nice cold beer or glass of wine in style. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Clean linen and towels are provided with weekly maid service (or as and when required at extra cost). A caretaker is available during the day for any emergencies. Pool towels are provided for 6 people. Other: From the open plan kitchen area there is a small conservatory style dining space with chairs for 6 people.