House in La Zenia , Costa Blanca South, Spain - Excellent Location Near To Shops, Restaurants, Bars, Golf Courses And Beautiful Beaches
3 bedroom town house with shared private pool in La Zenia, 5 minutes walk from the beautiful Boulevard, a short walk from Cabo Roig and a 10 minute drive to Torreveija. The house has 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms, 2 on the second floor and a large double on the third floor. There are balconies with sun loungers/patio furniture to the second and third floors and a front garden with table and chairs. The house has a kitchen with fridge/freezer, full size electric cooker and utility room with washing machine. There is a living/dining area with flat screen TV and DVD player and comfortable seating.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
The house is owned by Jo and Allison. I am British and Allison is a Kiwi who has lived in England for 15 years now but missed the sun, the beaches and the hibiscus so much that, back in 2000, she persuaded me to join her in buying a house in Spain. We now live in Essex and commute into London every day for work - something both of us are beginning to tire of! Our house is furnished with many things that we have collected during our visits to Spain and it means a lot to us as it is somewhere that we have always had happy times. It is also somewhere that our parents, brothers and sisters have enjoyed and, if you decide to come, we hope that you will love it as much as we do.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you so much Jo & Al for letting us stay in your lovely house, we had a thoroughly relaxing time and will be back.
The kids loved the beach and we swam morning and night in the secluded pool. Had a great time thanks!
Spit roasted chicken for lunch and we bought huge prawns for the BBQ in the evening - it was bliss
2 holidaymaker reviews
The house is in a lovely area and the house is beautiful with probably every bit of equipment needed there. Air con would make this beautiful house even more perfect. The beaches are beautiful and plays flamenco beach was also beautiful. La zenia boulevard has every shop restaurant and more and is just down the road to walk. We loved the gap lounge cocktail bars and are the best cocktails ever tasted. We hired a car which made getting around very easy and used a few local pools which you needed to pay for but had so many facilities. We only had one problem which was sorted and Jo is a lovely person to deal with and highly recommend her beautiful home.
Great location, extremely hot with no air con!!!
Great location near to the beach, restaurants and shops, however the property is extremely hot - requires air conditioning to be suitable for the heat in July. Fans provided but they were not sufficient to cool the house down!
No sunbeds or anywhere to lay in the garden of the property - pool is nearby but again no sunbeds to lay on.
Caretaker extremely friendly and helpful with places to visit nearby etc.
From the Owner
“In 2000 we lived in London and the house was a perfect retreat for us. There was literally a few restaurants and the beach with the nearest supermarket a good 20 minutes walk away. Since then we have moved to Essex and the area around La Zenia has gone from strength to strength with a European community building up around the local shops, bars and restaurants that have developed over the years. We feel very lucky that we chose somewhere which has improved beyond all recognition from those early days when the swimming pool was still a hole in the ground. We both love shopping and always loved the local markets but the Boulevard, which opened last October, has really been the icing on the cake for us and we just wish we could get here more often.”
Activity and Interests
La Zenia beach is a blue flag beautiful sandy beach approximately 200 metres off the N332 coast road in Orihuela Costa. The beach is around 400 metre long and about 100 metres wide and the beach slopes gently in the sea which makes it popular for families. In the summer you can rent sunbeds, parasols, pedalos and jet skis, there is a bar on the beach serving drinks and tapas and a hotel and restaurant overlooking the beach that serves meals and has a spa, therapy area and swimming pool.
Murcia Airport is 20 minutes drive and Alicante is an easy 45 minute journey on the motorway. Transport can be arranged to pick up and return from the airport but car hire is plentiful and easy although certainly not essential for the location of this property.
Torreveija is 10 minutes by car, Murcia is 20 minutes away and the beautiful city of Alicante is 45 minutes away. There are nature reserves, walks and markets within 15-20 minutes drive from the property. Villa Martin with a lively plaza and a wide choice of restaurants is 5 minutes drive and there is an equestrian centre, a water park, mini golf and a go-kart circuit nearby. La Manga is 45 minutes away and Europe's largest adventure/theme park, Terra Mittica, is one hour along the motorway.
Restaurants are plentiful with Indian, Italian, Asian and German well represented and both good quality and good value. There is a lobster restaurant overlooking the Playa Flamenca beach which can be reached by foot and bars and restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets at Cabo Roig. Zenia Boulevard also has a good selection of restaurants, all of which are family friendly and open late.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jan 2017 - 26 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
26 Jun 2017 - 3 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% deposit secures the booking and the balance is due in full no later than 6 weeks before departure. The deposit will be forfeited if the booking is cancelled for any reason or if the full balance is not received by the due date in which case the booking will be cancelled automatically. Once payment has been received no refunds are available although every effort will be made to re-let the property.
Saturday to Saturday is preferred but flexibility is possible so please enquire. Our agent will meet you with the keys and a walk through the property.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We love the fact that a car isn't necessary, although we do hire one just in case we want to go further afield. Inevitably we find enough to do in the local area, my favourite pastime is a walk along the cliff tops from La Zenia to the marina at Cabo Roig where we have a beer or a coffee and watch the boats in the harbour before the slow meandering stroll back. Some evenings we drive into Torrevieja where there are local market stalls lined up along the promenade and we have a meal in the town and other times we buy prawns and fresh salads and dine al fresco with a few decent bottles of Rioja. Despite the proximity of the local amenities there are never crowds and we particularly enjoy long quiet mornings, evenings spent on the balcony soaking up the late sun.”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1; bath with shower, wc, built in vanity unit with sink Bathroom 2; walk in shower, wc, sink
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, ceiling fan, built in wardrobe, chest of drawers. Patio door leading to balcony. Bedroom 2 with two single beds, built in wardrobe and chest of drawers Bedroom 3 with double/2 singles bed, settee, wardrobe, balcony
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house has been the venue for many happy holidays over the years and everybody from elderly parents to friends and family with young children have enjoyed sunshine filled relaxing holidays with mornings spent by the pool, afternoons at the beach and evenings relaxing at a local restaurant or with a barbeque. The brand new Zenia Boulevard is a family friendly shopping mall with a large selection of shops along with children's play areas, water fountains, large video screens, bowling alley, casino and restaurants - all of this is within a very short walk from the house. Car hire enables you to explore the surrounding beaches and countryside but it isn't essential as there is plenty to do and plenty not to do in a true home from home environment. Outside: There is an attractive front garden with patio and mosaic tiled table and chairs, two balconies with sun loungers and patio furniture, barbeque and a shared heated pool with a pleasant grassed seating area which is a few hundred yards away from the property. Utility Room: Washing machine, barbeque, picnic hamper, beach and garden chairs Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included, the property is cleaned before arrival and after departure but for longer stays additional cleaning can be organised for an agreed payment. A welcome grocery pack can be provided. Other: Small front garden with hibiscus and cactus, unlimited parking outside of house.