Barns in North Molton, Nr. Barnstaple, North Devon, England - Peaceful, Rural Location Close To Exmoor And Within Easy Reach Of Coast
The Hayloft is a semi-detached property with spacious and tastefully appointed accommodation, ideal for family gatherings or group reunions. Stream Cottage is a small detached property suitable for one family occupation. The properties are situated in a valley overlooking fields and woodland, just off the southern edge of beautiful Exmoor. The Hayloft overlooks the pond and there is a fenced patio area to keep small children safe with picnic tables and benches. Stream Cottage also has a patio area with garden furniture. All bedding and towels (one large and one hand towel per person per week) are provided. Also toilet paper, dishwasher tablets, tea towels, washing up liquid and a welcome pack on arrival.
Details for holiday barn The Hayloft Sleeps 11 (5 Bedrooms), 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, 3 Bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
The Hayloft is semi-detached and is approached from the lane along a short driveway. There is plenty of parking space for up to 6 cars. The Hayloft provides peace and quiet within easy reach of day to day facilities. There is plenty of space for privacy or socialising in a relaxing and beautiful setting. All rooms are spacious with large dining table for 12 in the dining room and 4 settees in the lounge. There is also a games room (suitable for dogs) with a small pool table. the kitchen is well equipped with all mod cons including American fridge/freezer and combi-microwave. If you like a holiday that encompasses going to the beach some days, horse riding, fishing, walking or bike riding and exploring on others, this is the place for you. Bed 1 is en suite and has zip n link beds making one super king or two 3 ft single beds. Bed 2 has zip n link beds. Bed 3 is the family room with king size bed and two 3ft bunk beds. Bed 4 has a king size bed and bed 5 has a single bed.
About the Owner
We have made our home here in North Devon since 1993 when we started converting the range of barns which we now call Flitton Oak Barns. We had been visiting North Devon for summer holidays with our children since the late 1970s and fell in love with the area. The barn conversions (4 properties in all) took just over 10 years to complete. We live on site and are consequently available to guests should problems arise or information is required.
Guestbook comments from the owner
A super house - just right for all 4 generations. Wish we could have stayed longer. Thank you.
Another fantastic stay in a fabulous house. So kids-friendly and comfortable.
A wonderful house in a beautiful setting. Thank you for creating this haven.
A wonderful house, fabulous location & extremely thoughtful hosts. We couldn't ask for more. Many, many thanks.
From the Owner
“The first time we saw the barns it was pouring with rain, the barns were almost derelict, but we loved the stone work and the view across the valley. The location is rural but within easy reach of all amenities”
Activity and Interests
About 15 miles from N.Devon coast and 20 miles to Saunton, Woolacombe
Exeter Airport approx. 40 miles away. Car is essential.
Train stations at Tiverton (20 miles), Barnstaple 11 miles
North Molton 2 miles, South Molton 4 miles. Knightshayes 20 miles, Arlington Court 12 miles, RHS Rosemoor 20 miles, Marwood Gardens 15 miles
North Molton has a PO and general store and 2 pubs. South Molton has PO, banks, pubs and restaurants, takeaways and twice weekly pannier market and a small Sainsburys supermarket. Tesco is on the outskirts of Barnstaple. The supermarkets will deliver.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
24 Dec 2016 - 30 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
31 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking forms sent out after enquiry received. Half of the agreed price required when booking forms returned. Final balance due 6 weeks before the holiday is due to start.
Changeover day normally on a Saturday for the Hayloft and a Friday for Stream Cottage, but fairly flexible if both properties rented by same party, and particularly out of high season
Notes on prices:
Prices can be negotiated for smaller numbers or if visitors provide own towels.
3 night break out of high season for the Hayloft costs £440 and for Stream Cottage £150
Half of the amount due is paid on booking, the balance is due 6 weeks before the holiday commences
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Visitors can enjoy the peaceful area surrounded by green fields. Within the Hayloft the rooms are spacious, comfortable and well equipped. Stream Cottage although much smaller is as comfortable and well equipped.”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet, downstairs cloakroom
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet, ensuite to bedroom 1
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, zip n link bed can be made into 2 single beds
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, 2 Child Bed, childs beds are a pair of bunk beds
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, zip n link can be made into 2 single beds (ensuite bedroom)
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We can provide 1 standard cot, 1 travel cot, (bedding for cots not provided) and 1 high-chair. The Hayloft has zip n link beds in two of the bedrooms, thus facilitating 4 single beds or 2 super kings. Not suitable for groups of 11 adults but may be suitable for 8-9 adults presuming some couples in party The upper bedroom of Stream Cottage is in the eaves, so care must be taken not to bump your head! Both properties have oil fired central heating. Pets are allowed by arrangement. Maximum of 2 dogs in the Hayloft and they must be kept in the room next to the lounge overnight. 1 medium or 2 very small dogs in Stream Cottage and they must be kept in the kitchen overnight. Dogs must not be left unattended in the properties or in the garden. Outside: Extensive communal grounds with pond and stream. The Hayloft has a fenced patio area. Stream Cottage has a patio area. Barbecues are available together with outdoor tables, benches and chairs