Chalet in Lac du Montriond, Nr. Morzine, Haute-Savoie, Rhone-Alpes, France - Peaceful Location; 4 Mins Drive From Ardent Cable Car; Ski Bus Stops Outside; Swimming In Lake
Chalet du lac is a beautiful lakeside chalet 7 minutes from the centre of Morzine. The living space is over 120m2 sleeping up to 8 (10 including young children), with two double bedrooms, a family room (with a double and a single bed), and a mezzanine (with a single and a double futon), two bathrooms, private parking to the side and a sun-terrace in front of the chalet. A large open plan split level sitting room with rustic wooden beams, deep sofas and a cosy wood-burning stove. The chalet has been furnished to cater for all modern comforts whilst the antique skis, cartwheels, dried flowers and carved wooden fretwork retain a rustic alpine charm. At an altitude of 1072m lies Lac de Montriond, a jewel in the mountains of the Haute Savoie. The water is perfectly clear and the surrounding forests breathe with life. The area is renowned for its natural beauty, and is protected from deforestation and development by the national trust.
About the Owner
Chalet du Lac is a family home and we have always felt very privileged to own it given its location. Dominic and I have 2 children so we can certainly help you with catering for children as well as adults. We have skied the whole region, Dominic is a very good skier and he never gets bored skiing in the same region year after year as there is so much variety. I am an average skier and feel very safe and enjoy the skiing very much. In the summer we really live the alpine life! Fresh air and lots of it day after day living outdoors and with so many child friendly activities on offer. Our boys come totally alive in the alpine air and are busy 'doing' all the time!
We hope the chalet makes you feel at home as soon as you arrive.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a wonderful time at Chalet du Lac, with plenty of good snow, idyllic location and great accommodation. It was our first family ski holiday and found the chalet location ideal. Everyone was catered for, with the Ardent lift a short bus ride away or a quick drive into Morzine or Les Gets. Caroline and Dominic were very helpful, and their recommendations for ski hire and lift passes were excellent. Looking forward to next year!"
"We had a great time in the Chalet and in Morzine, the kids loved the summer mountain activities, rafting, canoeing, para-sailing, summer
sledges..... etc. A real change from lying by a pool in the med. I personally loved the view of the lake in the early morning, when we had it to ourselves, even encouraged me to go jogging for the first time in years. Now the kids are nagging me to take them back in the winter for a skiing holiday!"
From the Owner
“We wanted somewhere within easy reach from Geneva airport but with a really good skiing variety and somewhere you would want to go in winter and summer. We found the property completely by chance whilst researching the area and sitting by Lac du Montriond feeling so jealous of the few people who loved around it! On leaving we spotted a for sale sign and we didn't even need to look inside before we knew it was perfect! It was an a sculptures shops and cafe when we bought it and we tirelessly changed it into the wonderful home it is today for everyone to enjoy. The views are breathtaking from every window of a lake that changes so dramatically with the seasons.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Due to its lake side location, on your doorstep literally is.......
cross country skiing
3 lovely restaurants and bars and terraces over looking the lake
fresh water swimming (smaller area allocated for children with waterfall running into it and with life guards)
camp building in the woods!
great sledging runs to be made!
In Morzine there is:
water complex inside and out with slide and play pools for young children
ice skating rink
skate boarding park
adventure swinging through trees
abundance of cafes, restaurants, bars, banks and stylish shops
airport: 1hr 15 mins from Geneva airport
channel tunnel: approx 10 hours with short breaks
Ardent telecabin: 4 mins drive
Montriond village: 4 mins drive
Morzine town: 7 mins drive
- Booking Notes:
Please contact us with any questions you may have and to get a really clear idea of the chalet and the holiday you can expect.
On booking we require non refundable 30% of the rental fee
£250 returnable security deposit for any damage (our chalet manager does a check out for us but in 9 years of renting we have never had to take any money for damage as tenants have looked after it so well).
Final balance 8 weeks prior to your stay
Saturday is our general change over day. For special reasons and out of season times we can possibly accommodate other days.
You would need to have left the chalet by 10am and would be able to check in after 4pm.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Ski bus stops outside Very easy access to huge region of ski slopes Supermarket 5 mins drive away Restaurants on the doorstep The peacefulness and calm of the lake Close enough to Morzine for everything you need but far enough away for some seclusion and uniqueness”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1: En-suite shower room - shower, wc, sink Bedroom 2/family room: En-suite bathroom -bath with shower over the top, wc, sink All modern, clean and contemporary
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The living space is over 120m2. Sleeping up to 8 (10 including young children) Bedroom 1: double bed; Bedroom 2: family room with double and single bed; mezzanine above with single and double futons Bedroom 3: up separate staircase; small double bed
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: We can put you in touch with fantastic English private ski instructors, caters and child care companies all of which we have used ourselves and would highly recommend. We have an arrangement with a local ski hire shop where you get a 10% discount and they will come to the chalet to fit boots and skis if you would like. They are also happy for you to leave your skis at their shop in Ardent as you take off your skis. Outside: Outside there is a secure terrace with table and benches as well as a locked hut that can be used for storing items e.g. bikes and skis. There is a hose for cleaning bikes. Deck chairs are available and an umbrella. Private parking is to the left of the chalet with enough space for 2 cars. Whilst relaxing on the terrace you can really take in the stunning views of the lake and surrounding area. A very special location and totally unique. Utility Room: Boiler room is fantastically warm for drying clothing and boots Houses the washing machine and clothes horses for drying Excellent storage for all ski wear and skis/boots Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The chalet is cleaned thoroughly before your arrive and good quality towels and bed linen are provided (except for the cot). Other: Dining area is within the open plan living area leading off the kitchen. It has a long wooden table with enough chairs for 10 people. Desk area at one end with phone for incoming calls and a cabinet at the other for table wear. Fire logs included