Villa in Kalkan Old Town, Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey
Villa Truva is a luxury villa in the popular village of Kalkan providing comfort and all of the mod cons needed for a relaxing holiday. Inside this fully air-conditioned villa there are 3 double bedrooms, 2 with large en-suites including a jacuzzi bath in the master, a family shower room, a fully-fitted kitchen, spacious lounge, laundry room and a roof terrace with a stunning view of the bay. Two of the bedrooms have their own large balconies furnished with tables and chairs, and all rooms have sea views. Outside, this villa is a spacious, private area with a good-sized private pool, pool shower, sun terrace furnished with wooden loungers and umbrellas, BBQ, and shaded dining area and an attractive garden that affords natural shade. Situated in a peaceful location, Villa Truva has unrestricted views across the turquoise-coloured bay, yet it's only a 10-15 minutes stroll to Kalkan town, harbour and beach. This villa comes highly recommended.
About the Owner
I bought the Villa in 2004 and have spent most summers in Kalkan.
This is the second year that I've rented the villa.
I hope you enjoy the local people as I have done over many years. They are very friendly.
Activity and Interests
The villa is within walking distance of Kalkan's attractive beach. The town also has 7 beach clubs in stunning locations. Alternatively, a 10 minute dolmus ride (local minibus service) will take you to beautiful Kaputas beach, or a 20 minute ride takes you to the famous Patara beach with its 17km of pure white lsand. Patara beach, set in a national park, has been voted one of the Meds most beautiful and undiscovered beaches. Olu Deniz, Turkey's most photographed beach, is aprox an hour's drive.
The nearest airport is Dalaman (approx 1.5 hour drive) and flights are direct from the UK. Transfer to and from the airport is usually by private taxi or minibus. We can arrange transfers and car hire from Kalkan at very reasonable prices
Kalkan town centre, 3 mins drive, less than 15 min walk. Kaputas beach, 10 min drive. Patara beach, 20 min drive. Kas, 30 min drive. Fethiye, under 1 hour drive. Other local attractions are easily accessible, such as Xanthos (the ancient capital of Lycia), the sunken city of Kekova, the ghost town of Kayakoy, the rock tombs of Tlos, Demre and the Church of St Nicholas (Father Christmas), the mountain villages of Islamlar and Bezirgan, and Saklikent Gorge. Daily boat trips are also available.
The idyllic town of Kalkan on Turkey's dramatic Lycian coastline nestles in the Taurus Mountains above a small, picturesque harbour. Its enchanting narrow streets lined with small shops, local restaurants and listed whitewashed houses with shuttered windows and carved timber balconies tumbling with bougainvillea, twist down to an ancient harbour. From here, overlooked by a tiny white mosque, the fish are brought ashore in the morning and the wooden gullets sail out on their day trips around the bays and outlying islands.
The climate in Turkey is similar to southern California, and the sea is the colour of turquoise. Whether you want to relax by your own pool or on sun-drenched beaches, visit ancient sites, shop at bargain prices for real gold jewellery or fake designer labels, there is something here for everyone. There is also a good range of sports available, including: diving, snorkelling, water-skiing, jet-skiing, windsurfing, sailing, horse riding, sea cayaking, canooing, paragliding, and more.
For food lovers, Kalkan offers some of the best food in Turkey, either from its traditional locantas, the harbour-front restaurants, or on the romantic roof terraces for which Kalkan is famous. Or visit the trout restaurants of Islamlar, the mountain village above Kalkan, where the trout pools are fed by mountain springs.
Kalkan is a friendly, picture-postcard pretty, town that despite its increasing popularity and sophistication has retained its charm. No wonder so many holiday makers return to Kalkan every year.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
A non-refundable 25% deposit is required to secure the booking. The balance is payable 8 weeks prior to departure, together with a refundable £200 damages deposit, which will be returned subject to no breakages, damage or loss, within two weeks of the final day of the holiday. Flights are not included in the price of the villa.
Changeover day is flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Flights and transfers are not included.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1: en-suite with jacuzzi, shower and WC. Bathroom 2: en-suite with walk-in shower and WC. Bathroom 3: large walk-in shower and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom: with super king-sized bed, en-suite and private balcony plus laptop safe. Bedroom 2: with twin beds, en-suite and private balcony. Bedroom 3: with twin beds and access to the roof terrace.
- Outside: The villa has a large sun terrace furnished with wooden sunbeds, cushions, and umbrellas, and a pretty garden that provides natural shade. Its private pool is 7m x 4m and there is also a pool shower. A large gas BBQ and rattan glass topped table and 6 chairs in a natural shady spot allow dining al fresco. The villa also has two large balconies with tables and chairs, and a large roof terrace. Utility Room: The utility room has a washing machine, iron, ironing board and clothes dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen (including pool towels) are included and changed weekly when the villa is cleaned throughout. Guests receive snacks, juice and water on arrival. Other: Two of the bedrooms have large private balconies furnished with tables and chairs, and the third bedroom has a large roof terrace, furnished with rattan sofa and two arm chairs plus glass topped table.