Converted farmhouse in Glenbeg, Grantown-on-Spey, Morayshire, Scottish Highlands - Wide Range Of Outdoor Activities Available At Award-winning & Tripadvisor Top-rated Outdoor Centre
Light, bright & airy bunkhouse for groups of up to 33 people. Three rooms of 4, 11 & 12 beds, along with adjacent 6-bed bothy. Well equipped for group self-catering, & bathrooms on a 1:5 basis. Located at the top of the Glenbeg Estate, just 1.5 miles off the A95 Grantown-Aviemore road, just a 5 minute drive into nearby Grantown-on-Spey, 15 minutes to Aviemore, & 45 minutes to/from Inverness.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Perfect for a big group, & excellent value for money." Robbie Cord, via TripAdvisor, 19th August 2013
"Cracking bunkhouse! Well out of the way so can be as loud as you want & not bother anyone. The big kitchen & common room area is perfect for all sitting & chatting in one room....& having no TV as a distraction is great!" Ally Macdonald, 22nd February 2013
"10 out of 10! The accommodation was perfect for our group - a great rural location with all the facilities we needed. The firepit was a great focal point. I would definitely recommend this bunkhouse to others." Dougie Louden, 24th June 2012
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The accommodation is operated by the award-winning Craggan Outdoors - Best Visitor Attraction in the Highlands & Islands tourism awards 2012, & a finalist on 2009, '10 & '14 - which offers a wide range of outdoor activities.
30 minute drive north to Nairn
Inverness airport is 45 minutes away by car; Aberdeen is 2 hours; Edinburgh & Glasgow are 3 hours. Car hire is available at all four airports & it would be recommended to have a car in order to make the most of your time in the area.
Located in the Cairngorms National Park, 2 miles outside Grantown-on-Spey, 15 miles to Aviemore, & 35 miles to Inverness.
The accommodation is well suited to serve as a central base to take advantage of all that the Cairngorms National Park & the wider Scottish Highlands has to offer. Craggan Outdoors which operates the accommodation has a strapline of 'The Active Heart of the Cairngorms' which serves to give a flavour of what's on offer, be it participating in the wide range of activities that they offer, &/or seeing & doing other things in the area.
There's no need to come loaded down as the nearby Co-op supermarket & a wide range of independent local shops, including butchers & greengrocers will enable you to stock up for your stay as you require when you're here. A wide range of cafes, pubs & restaurants can be found within a 15-30 minute drive of the accommodation, & Inverness is just a little further afield for a touch of 'city life'.
- Booking Notes:
Contact Craggan Outdoors on 01479 873283 or email for information to enquire about availability. A 25% deposit (non refundable) is required to secure a booking, with confirmation of final numbers & balance payment due by latest 30 days prior to arrival. Payments can be made by electronic bank transfer, or card (no fee for debit, 2.75% for credit) over the phone.
Notes on prices:
Price given is a 'from' price based on a week-long booking for the whole bunkhouse & bothy. Actual pricing varies according to the size of group & duration of stay. Appropriate / actual pricing will be advised in response to each specific enquiry.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Separate male & female bathrooms, each with two sinks, two showers & two toilets, & separate single bathroom with sink, shower & toilet. Bothy has wheelchair access wet-room with sink, shower & toilet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 33
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 33 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 4-bed room has two standard bunkbeds. 11-bed room has three triple bunks & a standard bunkbed. 12-bed room has four triple bunks. Bothy has three standard bunks.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: Location affords fantastic views to the Cromdale Hills & Cairngorm Mountains, & enables access straight out on to the hills of the Glenbeg Estate. BBQ & fire-pit provide great social focal points from which to enjoy the beautiful location. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Standard tariff is self-catering & own bedding, but bedding can be provided at an additional charge for as few or as many as want it. No towels or toiletries (other than handsoap at sinks & toilet rolls) provided. Other: Drying area for coats & boots.