Cottage in Franschhoek, Winelands, Cape Town and Garden Route, South Africa - Located In Secure Well Maintained Wine Estate .
This very lovely French style cottage is in the delightful Petite Provence wine estate.
About the Owner
About Edwina Hillier
We have owned this beautiful Cottage for the last 14 years coming here often with friends and family. My family home is in Bray in England. We have lots of friends in the village and can give you lots of help and advise as to where to go and suggest the most wonderful restaurants around....although it is hard to find a poor one !!!
The wine it has to be said is without doubt the finest in South Africa .. but then again we would say that.
Edwina Hillier purchased this cottage in 1999
Why Edwina Hillier chose Franschhoek
We bought it because the village is idyllic. It is surrounded by vineyards and mountains with crisp clean air and the most wonderful views. We can be at the seaside in less than an hour. Only 1 hours drive over the mountains you can be watching whales (in season)
What makes this cottage unique
Our cottage is in a lovely quite setting but close to all the amenities
From the Owner
“We bought it because the village is idyllic. It is surrounded by vineyards and mountains with crisp clean air and the most wonderful views. We can be at the seaside in less than an hour. Only 1 hours drive over the mountains you can be watching whales (in season)”
Activity and Interests
Cape Town airport is approx. 50 minutes drive. A car is essential but transport can be arranged to the cottage from the airport at a charge
Within walking or short drive (less than 2 minutes) into the village.
All facilities are in the village which is considered the food and wine capital of South Africa. Cycling and walking are very popular and there are companies in the village who will arrange. Wine tasting is prolific !!!!
- Booking Notes:
Booking directly through myself. Deposit at confirmation of 20% and full payment within 2 months of the date .
This is flexible
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our cottage is in a lovely quite setting but close to all the amenities”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En -suite to Bedroom 1 Family Bathroom with toilet
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with queen bed Bedroom 2 with queen bed Bedroom 3 with twin beds
- Golf ...
- Outside: The house has access to the clubhouse heated swimming pool which is for the sole use of the residents . There are also Tennis Courts available. Utility Room: iron ironing board Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are included and are changed once a week. Maid service is 2 part days per week . Additional can be arranged.