Apartment in Hinterthal, Maria Alm, Salzburg, Austria - Short Walk To Ski Lifts And Ski School
Self Catering luxurious apartment. Amelia's Corner is part of a small exclusive "Clubhotel" complex in the small village of Hinterthal.
Top Traveller Review
Spacious, modern and complete
Thank you very much for your positive Review.So pleased you liked the apartment so much.
It is nice that you appreciate the high standard of finish as it was firstly bought as a second home and not solely as a rental.
Glad you had a pleasant stay in Hinterthal and we hope you will return in the future.
About the Owner
We first skied in Austria in 2002 and fell in love with the beautiful and peaceful Austrian mountains and villages.It is so different to the hectic South East of UK where we live. We bought our apartment in 2005 and also visit Hinterthal during the summer when walking and hiking in the mountains is just fantastic.The mountain huts are just as welcoming out of the ski season.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Excellent village apartment
Stayed in this lovely apartment for one week in March.
Apartment close by nursery ski slope and short walk to main ski lift (although it is up hill on the way back).
Some of our group were skiers but for the others there are wonderful walks in the surrounding hills and woods and also two swimming pools in hotels in the village which are open to non-residents. Excellent bus service up and down the valley. Food in all restaurants we visited was excellent and good value for money.
Apartment had all modern amenities and was warm and very comfortable. Loved the open fire.
Everyone in the village is very friendly and welcoming.
Would be good to have a larger supermarket in the village, but there is one in Maria Alm which is a short bus/car ride away.
Spacious, modern and complete
Apartment looks even better than on the pictures, with a very well equipped kitchen and lots of space. Everything is finished very nicely, not on the cheap as you find so often. Making the contract, getting the keys, any questions we had; the owners arranged everything very quickly and smoothly. Highly recommended!
From the Owner
“Hinterthal is a small friendly village with stunning scenery. Recently updated lift systems. Sport shops and ski hire on the doorstep. Just one hours drive from Salzburg Airport. Quiet location Hinterthal is the perfect place to learn skiing; there is a fantastic nursery slope in the middle of the village with a mountain hut restaurant and a large sunny terrace. Progressing from here there is a great blue and red slope also in the middle of the village ideal for that next step. For better skiers there are 150km of well groomed wide slopes, plus lots of tree skiing and off piste for experts! There are also over 30 mountain restaurants making that coffee stop never far away!. Plenty of restaurants in the village.”
Activity and Interests
There are no beaches in Austria but plenty of lakes.
We have a lake at Clubhotel that guests can use in the summer, but be aware ,the water can still be cold even in the summer!! There is a Lido with a large pool and other facilities at Maria-Alm
Salzburg is the nearest airport with transfer time of approx 1hour.Ryanair runs from Stansted to Salzburg most days.Car hire available at the airport.There are also bus or train and taxi transfers.
Maria Alm is a 10 minute drive and can be walked to across the mountains in the summer.Many shops and a museum at Saalfelden,20 minute drive away.Mulbach and Dienten are within close driving distances.
Small shop within the restaurant downstairs selling fresh bread,milk,coffee,chocolate,wine etc.Large Bila supermarket at Maria Alm.There is a bank in Hinterthal just a couple of minutes walk away,next to the main ski lift. "Umberella Bar" at the bottom of the black run in the base of the village,good place to stop for a drink after a long day skiing.Plenty of restaurants and bars in the hotels for that well deserved evening meal.
Stunning walking trails that are well sign posted for summer.Plenty of mountain huts for refreshments.The Kriml Waterfalls are worth a visit and the "Kehlsteinhaus" Eagles Nest,Hitlers Tea House is very interesting.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£223|
Please E-mail your details, ages etc first
Terms and Conditions will then be sent to you.
Booking Deposit is 30% of the total cost and non-refundable.Final balance is due up to 10 weeks prior to arrival with the exception of late bookings when the total amount will be required in full at the time of booking.
Changeover days are usually Saturday during peak season but this may be flexible. Off peak is flexible depending on how many weeks are booked.
Notes on prices:
from £600.00 to £950.00 per week
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Amelia’s Corner is a luxury apartment conveniently situated in the centre of village with great views of the mountains. It is very close to the bars and restaurants and has easy access to the skiing. Allocated parking space in the garage. Ski room with personal heated locker.”
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- 66 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with bath and overhead shower En-suite to bedroom 2 walk in shower, 3 drawer storage units in each bathroom Towel drying radiator in both bathrooms Fully tiled with underfloor heating. 1 Hair-drier (not fixed) Separate WC
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed.Wardrobe with safe.2 Bedside chest of drawers Bedroom 2 with twin beds that can be pushed together as 1 double bed. Large double wardrobe Wooden floor
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is not suitable for small children.Please contact me ages of children before booking. Ski boots are not to be worn in the apartment. Because of the wooden floors we ask for slippers only to be worn in the bedrooms,lounge and kitchen. This is a strictly NON SMOKING apartment. Outside: There is a private patio and small garden area off the lounge that is suitable for use when weather allows.A patio table and 4 chairs are available during for such times Utility Room: Storeroom in entrance hall on the ground floor containing Washing Machine,Tumble Drier,Ironing Board,Iron and Wood for fire.Skiing equipment is NOT to be stored here.There is a separate ski room for ski equipment Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The apartment is cleaned before guests arrive. All Laundry is included. Other: Entrance hall containing coat hanging unit and 5 drawer unit and wall mirror.