Farmhouse, Grand Drablet, near Fresselines, 23450, Creuse, Limousin, France - Quiet Idyllic Setting With Private Pool
The property sleeps 6-7. There are 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. A Farmhouse with an attached barn in a quiet idyllic area set in a small French hamlet. The downstairs has an open plan Kitchen/dinning room/living room, a bathroom and a snug. The property is ideal for children as there is a large garden with pear, plum, fig trees and red current and raspberry's to pick. The garden is perfect for unwinding over a glass of wine or a barbecue. There is a patio area, swimming pool and plenty of parking.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Steve Hickman
We love France and the French countryside and with a young family find our house in France ideal - as a retreat during the summer or indeed winter. It is set in rural surrounds and has lovely and safe walking and bicycling. The pool is a bonus and during the last 6 years that we have had this property have thoroughly enjoyed it with our family.
Steve Hickman purchased this farmhouse in 2010
Why Steve Hickman chose Creuse
The rural location and tranquil and peaceful surrounds are ideal for a holiday to get away from it all! It is very close to the Limoges airport if we choose to fly and the drive is pleasant albeit 6-7 hours from Calais.
What makes this farmhouse unique
Peaceful, private pool and the opportunity to speak lots of French.
(1 traveller reviews)
The house was lovely, spacious and homely. It was clean and had everything we needed. We loved the tranquil location and watching the sun set over the pool. There was still plenty to do in the locality, swimming lakes, rivers, chateau. The children enjoyed the outside space. Would recommended.
From the Owner
“The rural location and tranquil and peaceful surrounds are ideal for a holiday to get away from it all! It is very close to the Limoges airport if we choose to fly and the drive is pleasant albeit 6-7 hours from Calais.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The artistic village of Fresselines is 1 km away from the house and has an art gallery which holds exhibitions. Monet painted in this area and it is an area of exceptional natural beauty which can be inspirational for artists and painters. also idyllic for quiet country walking.
A car is essential. Limoges is the closest airport, its approximately 1 hour away (52Miles) to Fresselines, the farmhouse is a mile North East of Fresselines. If traveling by car from Calais the time is about 7 hours, 3 hours to Paris and 4 hours to the property.
The village of Fresselines where Monet Painted is a mile away, it has a mini supermarket selling fresh bread, croissants and a range of scrumptious cakes. It also has a butcher, restaurant, a picturesque church. The nearest large supermarkets are at Dun-le-Palestel a 20 minutes run in a car. Shops all run on French times- all close at 12noon and open again in the afternoon.
The house is within 10 minutes drive of Fougere beach on the Lac d'Eguzon. Here in season there is swimming, a pontoon with diving board, restaurants, a children's playground and footpaths all in a beautiful setting. There is a free boat to the other shore, the Plage de Chambon- all a 20 minute drive from the house, where there is a sandy beach and various water sports.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jan 2017 - 14 Jul 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
15 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
3 Sep 2017 - 31 Dec 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Contact the owners
A deposit of £150 will secure the booking and full payment to be made 8 weeks before the holiday.
Please contact owner
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Peaceful, private pool and the opportunity to speak lots of French.”
- Away From It All
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Stereo ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1, upstairs with bath WC and wash basin Bathroom 2, downstairs with shower WC and wash basin
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed with outdoor steps down to the swimming pool Bedroom 2 with double bed Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds All bedrooms have cupboards or chest of drawers and bedside lights Cot
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The master bedroom has window that open up to a stairway to the garden, this is not suitable for young children. Outside: The garden is large with a patio area, BBQ area, fruit trees, parking, and a private swimming pool. This is accessed through double door leading from the kitchen. There are 2 outdoor tables 6 chairs and 2 deck chairs. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. All beds have duvets, covers and sheets, these are changed every week. Or whenever there is a new customer. The property is cleaned on change over. Other: There is hallway leading to the bathroom and the snug which has views over the fields and the swimming pool, a door to access the patio/garden. This a quiet area for reading or watching the television with built in DVD player. Wi-Fi is also available.