Beach house in Portwrinkle, near Tregantle beach, Whitsand Bay. - Minutes walk to the beach.
Situated at the western end of Whitsand Bay, the coastline that Portwrinkle forms part of is characterised by high cliffs, dramatic scenery and long stretches of sandy beaches just waiting to be discovered. Traditionally a fishing village, Portwrinkle itself comprises solely of a harbor from which two beaches are accessible, and its isolated location attracts visitors in search of tranquility amidst beautiful natural surroundings. Externally, the decked patio area features a wooden barrell-style hot tub (no jets) and furniture, providing the ideal spot to relax and soak up the magnificent views or even indulge in a little al fresco dining.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
The house is gorgeous, warm and comfortable and the views!!
A warm, comfortable base from which to explore the surrounding area.
A beautiful house in a spectacular location - lots to see and do or simply sit on the decking and enjoy the views.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Perhaps Downderry's most famous export is the Lavender grown at Downderry Nursery - which won a Gold Medal at the Chelsea Flower Show and another at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. Well worth a visit, the nursery is set in the peaceful beauty of an old walled garden where you can learn from experts about the plant's history, cultivation and use - a relaxing experience is guaranteed!
Portwrinkle has two sand and shingle beaches, one of which is Finnygook Beach which is popular with experienced surfers plus there are plenty of rock pools for the children to explore.
Downderry's beach is part shingle, part sand with numerous rock pools at low tide and dogs are permitted all year. The village and beach offer views of Looe Island to the west and Rame Head to the east and on clear days sight of the Eddystone Lighthouse 8 miles (13 km) to the south.
From London by car travel time is between 3 hrs and 3 hrs 30 mins depending on traffic. Follow the A38 past Plymouth and over the Tamar Bridge and then onto the A374 at Trerulefoot.
By train it is approximately 3 hrs 40 mins. The nearest mainline station is Plymouth, with Downderry and Portwrinkle being served by buses from Plymouth, though they are not particularly frequent.
- Booking Notes:
For bookings or further information, please contact us on 07775 521318.
25% deposit is required with the balance being due 6 weeks before the start of the holiday.
Please note: this property operates a Friday changeover
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite to bedroom one: toilet/sink/shower/towel rail Ensuite to bedroom two: toilet/sink/shower/towel rail Family bathroom: toilet/sink/shower/towel rail and bath
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom one with en-suite: with a double bed & a shower cubicle Bedroom two with en-suite: with a double bed & a shower cubicle Bedroom three: with two single beds Bedroom four: with bunk beds
- Golf ...
- Outside: Decked area offering fantastic sea views. Features a wooden barrell-style hot tub (no jets), wooden patio table and matching seating. Designated parking for 2 cars. Explore the stunning coastline forming part of the South West Coastal Path. In close proximity to the city of Plymouth offering an array of activities, shopping and culinary delights. Utility Room: Features a washer and dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is cleaned weekly and all beds are made up upon arrival. Bath towels/mats are supplied. Beach towels are not supplied. The linen and towels are changed weekly. Other: Dining area comprises of a glass topped dining table with matching chairs. Free Wifi and sky sports.