House in Whitby, Yorkshire Moors, England - Centre Of Whitby 5 Minutes Walk To Beach And Harbour
The Old Theatre is a beautiful grade II listed town house, perfectly positioned right in the heart of the historic town of Whitby. Formerly a famous theatre and dating back to 1775, this property oozes character and charm and the open fire gives it a warm, welcoming feel. The Old Theatre is a well equipped, deceptively spacious property that spans over four floors with excellent views on the top floor over the roof tops of Whitby. With tasteful decor and furnishings throughout, this is an ideal base for either large families or families and friends sharing looking to explore this beautiful coastline. There is also a private courtyard and patio area with views over the town where you can relax and watch the world go by.
Top Traveller Review
Old Theatre Whitby
About the Owner
Mike & Suzanne Gillett and Chris & Julie Munns are the joint owners of The Old Theatre. Suzanne and Julie are sisters.
We have owned The Old Theatre for 7 years now and have rented it out successfully from the start.
1 holidaymaker review
Old Theatre Whitby
The Old Theatre is a great location for exploring Whitby only a couple minutes walk from centre. The house itself is amazing lots of space,sleeps 8. Everything in place for break away. Lovely open fire and 2 reception rooms,great spacious kitchen and dining room. The bedrooms are all lovely, beds very comfy!!!! Definatley a great place to stay with friends or family. The owners are brilliant and very helpful. Will Definatley return to this beautiful old Theatre!!!
From the Owner
“We wanted our family and friends to be able to get together in our favourite place Whitby. We have visited Whitby for many years and still feel excited every time we arrive. Whitby town has so much to offer restaurants and cafe's of every description. Galleries and shops, antiques museums and the picturesque old harbour and pier. Whitby has lots to offer children with a fantastic pirate themed play area at the bottom of our street. The beach, amusements, mini golf paddling pools, skate park and so much more.”
Activity and Interests
Beach is 5 minutes walk from the property.
The beach at Whitby is large and sandy and stretches approximately 3 miles to the picturesque village of Sandsend.
There is also a smaller beach adjacent to the harbour.
The property is a 2 minute walk from the train and bus stations.
Whitby has many attractions, including numerous restaurants, cafe's, shops and museums. There are places of historic interest including many churches and the abbey. There are boat and fishing trips available including whale watching.
Whitby is set by the North Yorkshire moors which makes it an ideal holiday base for walking enthusiasts.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please e mail or ring to enquire about bookings.
A deposit of 10% of the holiday cost will be required at the time of booking.
Full payment is required 8 weeks prior to the start of the holiday.
Payment can be made via cheque or direct bank transfer.
Friday and Monday.
Arrival time after 3pm
Departure time by 10am
Notes on prices:
Please contact owners for details of pricing
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We wanted the house to cater for large groups and have a welcoming kitchen and dining area and at least one lounge where everyone could get together. We also wanted everyone to have personal space, including bathrooms and quieter areas to read or watch a film. The feedback we have received from guests is that they particularly appreciate the opportunity to be with friends and family but have their own space too. We needed to be in the centre of Whitby as we like to walk to all the local attractions. This works well for us as we can all do our own thing coming and going as we please, and getting together back at the house.”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room with toilet and handbasin. Ensuite bathroom to bedroom 2 with bath, handbasin and toilet. Bathroom with freestanding roll top bath and basin. Separate toilet. Toilet in ground floor utility area.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with King size bed Bedroom 2 with double four poster bed and ensuite bathroom Bedroom 3 with twin beds Bedroom 4 with twin beds
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is over 4 floors. Free parking is available on the street outside the property on a first come first served basis. Outside: Enclosed courtyard to rear of property. South facing private seating area at the front of the property. (There are a two outside stair cases leading from this area leading down to the front gate and up to one of the front doors). Utility Room: Toilet Sink Washing Machine Tumble dryer (in separate cupboard) Ironing board Iron Clothes Airer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen included. Property cleaned after each stay. Linen changed weekly for longer bookings. Other: SECOND LOUNGE Comfortable sofa and chair TV