Wonderful Villa in a unique place!Gavi/Monferrato Area- Wonderfully restored villa with breathtaking views and pool!Sleeps 7to9
Charming country house, recently completely renovated, located in the splendid setting of the Alto Monferrato,UNESCO HUMAN HERITAGE,in the center of THE CASTLES ROAD and of THE WINE DISTRIC. Here you are in the middle of the nature, with pleasant fields and gardens, a beautiful swimming pool and stunning views of Monviso Mountain and of the highest snowy Alpes (Monte Rosa and Cervino) with sunset not to be missed!!
At Cascina Sant’Antonino you can also enjoy an extraordinary view of the hills around: castles, vineyards and a pine forest where you can go to have a walk, with a final view that always astonished also the owners (that are used to see it).
The Portico and the Veranda of the house are fully furnished as areas for 'alfresco' dining and rest. Next to the swimming pool, with a beige plastic liner to reflect the light blue colour of the sky there is another nice living area with a wooden gazebo/ veranda with beach loungers, deck chairs and parasol for those who are shade-loving. Others sitting areas under the portico and in the garden. Around the house there are green grass gardens with trees and flowers, where you can chill out and rest.
Many walks by foot, bicycle (several mountain bike trails with own or rented bikes) or car, directly from the house to natural sites - lakes, pine-woods, little churches and castles.
From mediaeval times on, the Ligurian nobility chose to settle, during their holidays, on the hills and in the Castles of the Alto Monferrato, where they found fresh air during the summer, good wine and food, and they could easily join the see in half an hour or the big town of the high Italy.
Our guests can taste a very good kitchen and wine tasting by the Odicini Family,(wine producers from the 1500) that created an original and modern home/restaurant that combine the ancient history of their cellars and the culture of the Swisse bourghignonne to a young and modern structure.
And, food again, you can enjoy truffle hunting or just eating the white truffle in Alba ,in the Langhe area.
But, new and interesting, you can live a particular day, playing with the bow, helped by Giulia,a bow World Champion, that lives in this area, with her dogs, owls and falcons!!!You can eat by her and his husband(her teacher in this discipline).
Don’t forget we can suggest you unusual mountain bike trails…in the near pinewood , in the near Lavagnina’s Lakes area or in the wide area of the Natural Park of Capanne di Marcarolo.
We often organize with our friends off road tours with cars and/or motorbikes ...you have only to ask!! We can organize also or only for you!
And, again, you can enjoy antique markets, music, festival in every village as well as the thermal baths in the old Roman town of Acqui Terme.
The Ligurian Riviera, with Portofino, Camogli, Santa Margherita and the famous "5 Terre" is quite near, as the shopping centers of Serravalle Outlet.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect setting for incredible holiday.
it has been a pleasure to meet and host you and your friend.it is a pleasure to share our house with guests loving every details.we hope to can have you again and meet also your family in the future.
Donata and Alfredo
About the Owner
Ten years ago, my husband and I were looking for ancient farmhouses to restore and sell, and after many restorations we run up into this house, a magic place with sunsets not to be missed,and we immediately decided to keep as our country home,a peaceful and relaxing place where you never get bored, where to can host our many friends all the year long, and for big parties, Christmas, New Years' Eve and so on!!
We came here from Liguria in 1992,pushed by our love for horses and animals.
We love to come to this paradise!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Beautiful home, very relaxing and stunning setting .
Donata was wonderful to deal with, so helpful and kind. The house is in a stunning setting, so peaceful, private and relaxing. Donata's home is very beautifully furnished and the pool is amazing, we felt very lucky to have a week there. Thanks so much for a fantastic holiday.
4.9 based on 12 holidaymaker reviews
Perfect setting for incredible holiday.
This is a "have to" destination for anyone thinking of this part of Italy for a holiday. Beautifully furnished everything you could want was there. The gardens and pool idylic. The sunset awe inspiring and the setting so quiet. Donata and Alfredo amazing and went over and beyond when our friends car became bogged. At 18.30 they came out with tow rope to pull them clear. This is a must return to destination. There is nothing to fault
One of the best villas we have stayed in
Lovely villa felt like home from home. Much attention to detail. Amazing views and beautiful pool area to sit and enjoy them from. Spoilt for choice having two eating areas, one outside the kitchen and one by the pool. Donata was extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. Location was perfect for trips to Milan and Genoa when we could tear ourselves away from the pool. Definitely love to come back.
A perfect Holiday - gorgeous villa in a part of Italy that is great for exploring and relaxing in.
The property is perfectly positioned with gorgeous views towards the sea and the Alps. It is well equipped and has a lovely pool that is great for cooling off when the weather gets too hot! The owners are only ten minutes away so if there is a problem they can be there to help very quickly and they are very helpful.
There are walking and mountain bike trails all around the area and the local towns are very welcoming and hospitable with lots of good local restaurants.
We loved the area as we could get to the coast in an hour - if we wanted to! - or we could just go up into the hills to enjoy the walking and the views which are sensational or we could enjoy lunch by the pool and have a relaxing afternoon in the garden.
Wonderful villa in lovely surroundings
Dear Donata. Thank you for letting us stay in your lovely home this summer. We had an absolutely perfect stay and we would love to come back if we have the chance.
We were 2 families from Norway with 5 children and the house was just perfect for us.The house is even better than the pictures and you felt at home at once. The view is breathtaking and the poolarea felt like heaven. Pittoresk villages near by and not so far from the sea. Its just the perfect place for a perfect holiday :-)
David, Rachel, Zak (8) and Jude (5)
Robyn and Martyn
We stayed for seven days. Five key highlights/impressions:
1. Beautiful, immaculately kept villa, on its own, with greats views. Only one other property on the horizon, an inhabited castle around two miles away.
2. Amazing walking/running trails. Search for David Sawyer (Glasgow) on Strava for various routes.
3. Not a massive amount to "see" in the local area meant we relaxed. We drove to some wonderful hill towns, all with a church/castle. Rural Piedmont so few people spoke English. And given we spoke only a tiny bit of Italian, this was bliss.
4. Donata was very helpful. Both couples went out for an evening to local restaurants booked by Donata. We were even advised re: a local cake shop, where we bought the most beautiful ice cream, meringue and cream cake for a joint birthday.
5. Lastly, I joined in a local club running race in Casaleggio on the Thursday. It was that sort of holiday. Bizarrely I missed one at the top of the road in Mornese on the Sunday. Bizarre:O).
Beautiful. Thanks, Donata and Lottie
Fantastic country house in lovely surroundings
We stayed for a week in this lovely and charming country house.
2 families with 6 children.
With a nice pool area which we could view from the wonderful dining area outside the house, the kids (and adults) basically had all we needed :-)
The view and scenery from the house is fantastic and really relaxing.
The small city was spectacular.
Donata gave us a warm welcome and she was always a 'sms away' to help us, if we needed anything.
We highly recommend this place and have nothing bad to say.
Remember to bring cash.
From the Owner
“These are peaceful and relaxing places where you never get bored:walks,horse riding,cycling, truffles hunting,tastings of excellent wines of local production.Cascina Sant’Antonino is an ideal place where you can chill out and rest, during summer/spring surrounded by flowered gardens and in autumn/winter in front of a beautiful fire place.This is the perfect place where everyone wish to take refuge in.All around there are just hills,rivers,and valleys where is very easy to find fallow deers and pheasants crossing slowly the street without running away. This is a peaceful and quiet place,according to all guests coming here,but,if you like,in 15min you can reach the crowd of the town, in 40min Ligurian Riviera, 1.30h the most famous Italian shopping town,Milan.”
Activity and Interests
The Owners can organize for you:typical dinners in pleasant farmhouses with:Truffles,Bourgignonne,PorciniMushrooms,other local products(Wine,Cheeses,Honey,Jams,Grappa) . They can also introduce you to private castles and winemakers for wine tasting, as well as they can reserve for you traditional dinners in pleasant local hamlets.Horse riding lessons; Short cooking courses at CascinaSant’Antonino on traditional Piedmont and Liguria food;Truffle hunting (October); MTB and Jeep tours through the panoramic and countryside roads guided by the Alfredo,the owner,are available upon request,or they can suggest you where to rent and an official MTB guide. Conveniently located in the middle of "The Castles way"and Alto Monferrato wine district,the house is between the beaches of the Ligurian Riviera and the culture and high fashion of Milan. Near to Acqui Terme nice SPA town and Serravalle outlet(fashion brands) In an hour, you can lie on the sunny shores of the Italian Riviera. The famous Monaco and Montecarlo and the Cote d’Azur(France) where are situated Cannes, Nice and Saint Tropez are reachable in less than 3 hours driving.
Coast/Beach: In about half an hour, you can reach the beaches of the Italian Riviera. Liguria’s Rivieras at only at 40/50 minutes driving. The Tuscany’s coasts and beautiful beaches are two hours driving distance. The famous Cote d’Azur where are situated Cannes, Nice and Saint Tropez are reachable in less than 3 hours driving.
Travel: Genoa (46 min/51Km), Turin (1 hour and 45 min/162Km), Milan Linate (1 hour and 25min/132Km), Milan Malpensa (1 hour and 45min/165Km), Bergamo Orio al Serio (2 hours/185Km), Pisa (2 hours and 40min/225Km). The nearest railway station is in Ovada (17min/9Km), Novi Ligure (30 min/25Km).
Distances: Supermarkets, shops, ATM/bank, restaurants, PostOffice at 3 minutes drive/2Km (or 10minutes walking). In the middle of Alto Monferrato wine district,the house is conveniently located in the middle of North West Italy:Alessandria (45min/45Km),Acqui Terme (45min/35Km),Genoa (50Min/55Km),Turin(1 hour and 30min/130Km),Milan(1 hour and 30min/120Km) and the nearby Alps are easily reached by highways or railway in 2 hour.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
17 Dec 2016 - 14 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
6 May 2017 - 2 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
June & July 2017
3 Jun 2017 - 28 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
29 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Sep 2017 - 29 Sep 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
Please contact owner.
Final cleaning : 100 € per week
Rental payment: 50% to confirm the booking, the remaining 50% 2 months before your arrival.
Cancellation policy: 100% refund for cancellation more than 60 days before arrival
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date,
( but we can refund the whole amount if we can book to other guest)
Damage deposit: 450 € against any breakage or damage.This has to be paid at your arrival in cash and it will be refunded at your check out if anything has been broken or damaged.
Heating during winter period: additional euro 250
A road map or more precise google map coordinates will be sent on request, also before booking.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Sometimes during the summer we use the near cottage inside the property(in a reserved and detached area in respect to the villa rented) and in this case we’ll be discreetly at your disposal for any request or info about things to do,tours, restaurants,ect.”
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- theme parks
- winery tours
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 280 m²
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, plus sink
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, plus sink
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet, plus sink
- At the gournd floor, one bathroom with washbasin, w.c. and shower. At the first floor 2 bathrooms, one with shower and one en suite bathroom with bath, all with wc, bidet,washbasin ;
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Blue Bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, (King size Bed), wardrobe, big panoramic glass wall
- Bookcase Room - 2 Single Bed, Bookcase in the basement with 2 single beds(or 1double bed)
- Master Bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, (King size bed), wardrobe, balcony, big panoramic glass wall
- Green Bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, ( single bed in mezanine )
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 - 4 Bedrooms Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1:King size bed (or twin) with balcony,en suite bathroom with bath Bedroom 2:King size bed Bedroom 3:King size bed and single bed mezanine Bedroom 4: Bookcase Bedroom (Basement)2 single beds (or double bed) +3 cots
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Veranda ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- 1 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: Please contact the owners. Outside: At Cascina Sant’Antonino you can enjoy an extraordinary view of the hills around. Castles, vineyards and snowy mountains. The Portico and the Veranda are fully furnished as areas for 'alfresco' dining. Next to the swimming pool 12 mt x 5 mt (depth 210-130), with a beige liner to reflect the light blue colour of the sky, there are sunbeds and deck chairs and an other veranda with sitting areas under the portico and in the garden also with parasol for those who are shade-loving. Around the house there are green grass gardens with trees, plants and flowers, where you can chill out and rest. Many walks (by foot, bicycle or car) directly from the house to natural sites - lakes, pine-woods, little churches and castles. Alfredo the owner knows the area very well and he can show you some great MTB trails. Utility Room: Dishwasher, Fridge, Fridge/Freezer, Hob/Stove, Iron, Microwave, Oven, Washing Machine. Central Heating, Cots, High Chair, Internet Access, Satellite, TV. Barbecue, free wifi in the house and outside and cellular network coverage Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are included. The maid service during the week is not included, and it’s upon request at additional cost. Guests are kindly requested to leave the house as they found, especially the whole kitchen, the barbecue....etc. Other: BBQ, covered portico and verandas, external chill out area, private pool [ 12 mt x 5 ( depth 210-130) ], free wifi in the house and outside and cellular network coverage, cots, baby chair.