House in Guzzano, Nr. Bagni di Lucca, Tuscany, Italy - A House In A Tranquil Village Located On A Hillside, Only A Few Kilometres’ Above Bagni Di Lucca
The self-catering accommodation comprises two floors of our refurbished stone house dating from around 1860. The house provides the ideal getaway for families and groups relaxing and exploring northern Tuscany. We have two en suite double bedrooms with the floor below containing open plan kitchen through to dining & combined small lounge area. The house is beautifully furnished throughout and retains many original features that include cotto floor tiles, chestnut beams, log burning stove and many sourced antique items. The garden and plunge pool are for the private use of our guests and are not shared. We also have a pergola providing a shady space to eat, and a barbecue area. The local shepherd often grazes his sheep and goats close to the boundaries of the garden, a real taste of traditional Tuscan life.
About the Owner
Steve & Denise purchased the house to be used as a holiday home. After many stressful years working in central London we opted to take semi retirement and offer the house as a holiday let. Our wish is for guests to experience the simple quiet life of Guzzano, we feel blessed to live here.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Steve and Denise are excellent hosts and the Contented Tuscan is a wonderfully equipped villa with some stunning views to enjoy with the mountains and the valley in front of you while you enjoy breakfast on the terrace.
The property is located in a quiet village called Guzzano, a short ten-minute drive from Bagni di Lucca, which is a decent sized town with places to eat and to pick up provisions.
Inside the rooms are spacious and stylishly decorated. The kitchen is superbly equipped with everything you need to sample the local produce. Outside the garden is beautiful and there is a wide variety of seating. There was just the two of us on this trip but the villa would comfortably accommodate two couples.
Overall a great location and I would like to thank Steve and Denise for a memorable holiday
From the Owner
“We did very little research actually – third house we saw on a fact-finding trip, which did not include buying a house! I guess the clichéd “saw the house and fell in love with it”. The sights and sounds of our village are so at odds with our past London life. The silence and tranquillity at night is incredible. You will feel the stress levels lowering with each day you’re here.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The surrounding area is perfect if you are a keen walker or mountain biker. You can enjoy bird watching, fishing, painting and photography, as well as skiing and snowboarding. We are the first village above the town, walking down will take around 30-40 minutes and you can always hop on the local bus to return to the village.
Bagni di Lucca is 42km from the Versilia coast with Viareggio, Marina di Pietrasanta and Forte dei Marmi, which are among the most renowned seaside resorts of Italy.
The nearest airports are Pisa (Galileo) and Florence (Peretola). Car hire is available at both airports and is recommended.
We are 75 minutes from Pisa & Florence Airports & 35 minutes from the city of Lucca, the provincial capital.
Bagni di Lucca has a number of super restaurants, serving hearty Tuscan fare. You can also enjoy a post supper flutter at the recently re-opened casino.
You’ll find a public swimming pool, tennis courts and thermal baths, along with banks; supermarkets and on Wednesday and Saturday mornings there is a traditional Tuscan market.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit to confirm the booking. Full payment 8 weeks before the date of arrival. Payments can be made in sterling or euros.
We do not request a refundable damage deposit but we will ask you to pay for breakages.
Usually on a Saturday but we appreciate that people may want to take advantage of budget flights, so please contact us and we will do our very best to accommodate. Ideally we would make house available to guests at 3pm and ask them to vacate at 10am.
Notes on prices:
All bedding, towels and swimming towels are included. To ease you into the first evening and morning of your holiday we provide the essentials to rustle up a supper and breakfast.
10% to confirm booking. Balance payable 8 weeks before arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The rustic charm – we spent a great deal of effort securing the originality of the house. We are sure the locals are pleased with the subtle changes we have made inside and outside the house.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with toilet, bidet, basin and shower. En suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with toilet, bidet, basin and shower.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 Brass Double bed. Bedroom 2 Brass Double bed.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We have done our best to retain the rustic charm of the property. We have been passionate about collecting antiques for years and have bought many of our possessions with us to Tuscany. We have enjoyed sourcing items from Portobello Road antique market in the UK and more locally in Lucca and Abruzzo antique markets. I guess the property steers away from the standard rental in terms of décor. If you enjoy spending time in a holiday home with a twist we are sure you’ll love our house. Outside: Take in the wonderful views, there’s a relaxing patio area with pergola and plunge-pool where you can enjoy al fresco dining and a glass or two of the local vino. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are included; guests will have access to a regular supply of fresh linen and pool towels as required. Other: The property offers free wifi, which can be picked up inside the house and garden.