Farmhouse in Cantoria, Nr. Arboleas, Almeria Andalucia, Spain - Real Spain At Its Best
Situated in the heart of the Sierra de los Filabres in the beautiful Almanzora Valley, Casa de Colores can be your place in the sun while you relax and explore this wonderful part of Andalucia, in the south of Spain. The house has been lovingly restrored and embellished to make it your perfect choice for a relaxing holiday or weekend break.
About the Owner
I'm Maureen and this is my house which I have painstakingly renovated and styled over the past 12 years I have lived in Spain for many years now and cannot think of a better place to be. I have taken great care to make Casa de Colores attractive, stylish and comfortable so that you too may share in its magic.
As I live adjacent to the property, I am on hand to resolve any issues you may have, or assist you with my local knowledge. As I work as a freelance interpreter, mainly in the medical and legal fields, you can rest assured that, subject to my diary commitments, I will be available to handle any unforseen issues you may have.
Guestbook comments from the owner
From the Owner
“I was attracted to the area because of its natural beauty. Despite being situated in Europe's only desert, the valley in which I live is bursting with greenery from bamboo in the dry riverbeds, to fruit trees (orange, lemon, almond) and in Springtime the beautiful shades of pink of the wild oleander. The valley is a haven for wildlife... birds, wild boar and much more. Its natural beauty makes it the perfect get away from it all location. Having worked in investment banking before moving here, it was like stepping back in time to a world where time means nothing. Peace and utter tranquillity reign here.”
Activity and Interests
Villaricos has a small harbour and is surrounded by quiet bays in which to soak up the sun.
San Juan de los Terreros is a typical Spanish beach resort with sandy beaches and plenty of restaurants and bars in the town.
Garrucha is a lovely fishing port, also boasting wide open beaches, shops and fabulous restaurants.
Vera is famous for its naturist policy.
Mojacar old town is perched high on a hillside and is an enchanting maze of cobbled streets and beautiful Moorish architecture.
Getting to Casa de Colores - Budget airlines fly into Almeria (1 hour 15 mins. from the property), Murcia (just over 1.5 hours) and Alicante (about 2 hours). People flying to Spain will need to hire a car. Almeria airport is the closest but as it is small it does not have many flights in the winter months.
Murcia is the next closest. It is also a small airport (which generally means smaller or no queues for security).
Alicante is much larger and is a Ryanair hub.
Casa de Colores is a short walk from the nearest bar, 2kms from the nearest place which sells general provisions, and 12k from the nearest village. That said, delivery vans come regularly during the week to Los Berbeles, selling fish, meat, general provisions and bread (daily).
A list of local amenities, bars, restaurants, supermarkets etc with relevant GPS coordinates, is available in the welcome pack in the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
18 Sep 2016 - 30 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A holding deposit is payable upon booking with the balance due 8 weeks before the commencement date of the holiday. The deposit of £150 is refunded on return of the key and a damage check has been carried out. All payments are made in/out by bank transfer UK bank account.
The changeover day is typically Saturday but if flights dictate, arrangements can be made to change this as required.
Payment is required in full 8 weeks prior to commencement of your stay.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“If you lead a stressful life and want to unwind, you need look no further. Casa de Colores is the perfect spot for you. Previous guests have commented on how they arrived tense and stressed and leave with their batteries fully recharged. The views from the property are second to none and its peaceful location mean you can totally chill... there are no noisy neighbours, no busy roads, no light pollution, nothing to spoil your peace and quiet. There is a small bar which is run from a private house (a bit like going back 100 years!) within walking distance where you will can eat and drink, and another more commercial bar a 2km drive or walk, if you're feeling fit, away which also has a small shop with general provisions. The house is equipped with free WiFi in the main house.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedrooms 1 & 2 share Bathroom 1, shower, WC Bedrooms 3 & 4 share Bathroom 2, shower over Bath, WC Bedroom 5 is en-suite, shower wet room
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: Double bedroom, French doors onto terrace Bedroom 2: Double bedroom, French doors onto terrace Bedroom 3: Double bedroom, views over the valley Bedroom 4: Twin extra-long beds Bedroom 5: Twin bedroom, French doors to pool, en-suite
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is laid out on two levels - the upstairs has two bedrooms, a bathroom, two living rooms, a dining room and the kitchen. There is a terrace off the living room with fabulous mountain views. The ground floor has a relaxing Moroccan lounge area, two bedrooms with French doors leading out onto the upper garden, and a Moroccan style bathroom. The garden is also on two levels; the upper level with dining chairs and tables for dining al fresco. Some steps lead down to the lower garden where the pool house and pool are located. The pool house has an en-suite bedroom with French doors leading out to the garden. There is also a dining table and 8 chairs, a fridge, iPod docking station and small fridge. There are lots of sun loungers and umbrellas, and a hammock and a gas barbecue for your use around the pool. Outside: There are two garden areas, the first being on the ground floor of the house. There is a 3-seater sofa, two tables for outdoor dining, and 8 chairs. There is also a quiet corner with water feature with two sun-loungers for relaxation or quite contemplation. The second garden area surrounds the pool. There are 8 sun-loungers, a hammock in the trees, a daybed in the shade under the trees and a quiet area to the rear. The pool is 8m x 4m and is totally private. There is a summer cover which, when used, will kept to maintain the water temperature overnight. The pool is not overlooked. Utility Room: Washing machine Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and bath towels are included Other: Small dining room off the kitchen leading onto balcony. Table and 4 chairs, telephone table, dresser with glassware and board-games.