House in Fort William, Scottish Highlands, Scotland - Peaceful Location On Highland Farm, 3 Miles From Town.
Nevis Lodge is a modern timber house that has a large spacious living area open to the pine panelled roof with plenty of light from the full length windows. Heated by underfloor ground source heating this warm eco lodge has a central wood burning stove and the solar panels on the roof to supplement the electricity. The lodge is situated in 8 acres of woodland on Torlundy farm with uninterrupted views of Britain's highest mountain - Ben Nevis 4,100ft.
About the Owner
my wife and myself have lived in the Highlands for 40 years. We are in our early 60's and run the farm, our self catering accommodation, 12 horses and torlundy trout fly fishing. We love the scenery here; looking at the snowcapped peaks of Ben Nevis every morning and having the farm, the horses and the space to ride,sail, walk and participate in the many activities that this area has to offer. There is a small fold of Highland cattle on the farm and 150 cheviot ewes to look after as well as the horses, so there is always something to do. Our 4 daughters come and go but have all fled the nest.
From the Owner
“We own a 500 acre farm up here and wished to expand our Holiday chalet business. As we had this superb plot amongst natural woodland with spectacular views of Ben Nevis we arranged for a local architect to design us a large holiday lodge that could sleep 8/10 people with an open plan living area and full glass sliding doors onto a patio.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Special interest holidays: hiking, mountain biking, yoga, riding.
Glasgow airport: 100 miles 2.5hrs drive
Inverness airport: 70 miles 2hrs drive
Car hire recommended.
3 miles from fort william - shops and railway station
15 miles from Glencoe - spectacular mountain scenery.
Nevis Range has mountain bike trails and bike hire - 1 mile.
Fort william has bank facilities supermarkets restaurants - 3 miles.
Farm shop & cafe - 1 mile
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Jul 2016 - 27 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
Sunday - Sunday. arrival 3.00pm onwards; departure 10.30am
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Enjoy superb views from the comfort of a spacious living room with warm underfloor heating, sky t.v. and wifi and I love the feeling of space as the living area is open to the pine pannelled roof. You feel part of the great outdoors as the full glass windows to the south open onto a patio. The central wood burning stove gives an added feeling of warmth and comfort. The modern bathrooms are tastefully tiled and the kitchen is ideal for entertaining. It is also nice to know that this is an eco-lodge heated by ground source heat and solar panels.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- en-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath/shower over and w.c. Main bathroom with bath/shower over and w.c.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: bedroom 1 ; master bedroom ensuite, bedroom 2 with 1 double bed. bedroom 3 with 2 single beds, bedroom 4 with one large double/twin beds, bedroom 5 with double sofa/bed.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: There is a charcoal barbecue and garden furniture on the patio the lawn leads into the 8 acre woodland which is for your private use. On the 500 acre farm there is fly fishing and horse riding, bike trails and walking tracks beside the river Lochy. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. The property is let on a weekly basis Sunday - Sunday. Other: There are two bedrooms with balconies overlooking the central living area.