Barn in Thurstonland, Nr. Holmfirth, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, England - Peaceful Rural Location, Walking Distance To 4 Lovely Villages, 5 Min Drive To Holmfirth
The Barn at Clough Wood sits across the yard from the owners grade II listed farmhouse, with beautiful tree top views over the woodland to the surrounding countryside. A very peaceful & private property with log burning stove, solid oak floors & luxurious bathroom. The property has been designed to ensure guests complete privacy & seclusion with uninterrupted countryside views, no traffic noise and plenty of outside space to explore. The barn has been newly fitted out with great attention to detail, including deep pocket sprung mattresses, Egyptian cotton bed linen and a beautifully appointed kitchen & bathroom.
We are very per friendly at The Barn and will accept 2 dogs no problem. If you'd like to book with more dogs just get in touch as we don't have a fixed upper limit but the number would need to be ok'd before booking.
We ask that dogs are kept off the furniture and if they are allowed into the bedrooms that they don't sleep in / on the beds. The std charge is £10 per dog.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Max & Rebecca Earnshaw have lived at Clough Cottages for over 10 years & have 4 young children & 2 Labradors.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Quiet sanctuary...every conceivable comfort" 27/12/13
"warm welcome, luxurious bedding, endless hot water" 03/01/14
"Will certainly come back if able to book once word gets out about this hidden gem" 9/3/14
"All we needed for maximum comfort" 31/03/14
4.9 based on 39 holidaymaker reviews
I treat my partner to a week away for his birthday each year and this stay exceeded all our previous holiday experiences. Beautiful barn conversion. Stylish. Everything you require is there for a great weeks stay. Gorgeous bed and bed linen. Plenty fluffy towels. Bathroom brilliant - bath and shower. Rebecca and Max made us feel really welcome and helpful when required. Otherwise, they left us to it and still had a cheery word or two when they saw us. We had lots of lovely walks from the house and round some of the nearby resevoirs with Stan and Molly, who settled in well and made themselves at home! Have enjoyed my purchase of gorgeous toiletries available too! Thanks. John and Vanessa.
Myself and two sons spent a wonderful weekend at the barn.Marvellous location and beautiful accommodation.Lovely hosts..Highly recommend it to anyone seeking an escape from the rat race.Would definitely return.
The property was fantastic.
We had a brilliant stay. The hosts were great and helpful but not intrusive (just as you would want when seeking a quiet escape away from the busy world!). The property itself was also brilliant. The design was great as was the decor, appliances (comprehensively equipped kitchen), bedrooms and overall finish of everything. I would definitely stay again and would definitely recommend this property to others.
Very clean property that was well equipped and decorated throughout. Also a nice location. Very laid back and friendly owner's too. Hamper/Prepared meal options are worth considering.
Lovely stay and better owner kindness
Great and lovely house in an amazing place. The owners are friendly and they are always ready to help or give you information.
It was a fantastic week in Peak District.
Fantástica semana en Peak District.
Gracias Rebecca y Max por vuestra amabilidad.
A lovely homely cottage clean and well presented
This cottage is simply gorgeous and very secluded. We had a lovely few days stay and it really felt like a home from home. It is great to find somewhere like this that allows you to take a dog.
The cottage has its own lovely private garden to sit out in even with a little covered part incase of rain .
I shall very much recommend this to family and friends
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We have 2 stables available and plenty of grazing for horses should you require it. We are situated near the Pennine Way.
Please advise when booking - price by negotiation.
Please note stables are not suitable for horses +16hh.
Plenty of storage available for bikes etc.
Leeds Bradford Airport 45mins drive
Best station from London - Wakefield Westgate - 30mins
Holmfirth is 5mins drive away and has a wealth of nice cafes, restaurants and small independent shops.
We are 10mins away from the centre of Huddersfield, where you will find most major retailers and supermarkets.
We are roughly in the middle of Leeds, Manchester & Sheffield.
We are lucky enough to have lots of lovely pubs and restaurants nearby. Too many to mention here... But 4 within 15min walk!
If you need any help or advice please let us know.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Christmas and NY
16 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
We ask for a non refundable deposit of £100 to secure the booking.
The full amount must be paid 4 weeks before arrival.
The £100 deposit will then become the breakages bond and will he returned no later than 3 days after your departure.
If the booking is less than 4 weeks away, then full payment is requires as well as the £100 deposit.
Credit / debit card payment available over the phone.
Changeover day is FRIDAY.
Guests are asked to leave by 10.30am and may check in at 4pm.
Please do contact us if this is not convenient and if we can we will do our best to accommodate you.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Beautifully finished, fully tiled bathroom. Features include double ended bath, walk in shower with drench style shower head, chrome heated towel rail, ample storage & mirrors. Fluffy towels supplied.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 - King size bed. Bed 2 - twin beds. Both bedrooms have pocket sprung mattresses, crisp egyptian cotton bed linen, winter & summer goose down duvets, goose feather pillows, ample storage and large velux windows with blackout blinds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Whilst fitting out the barn we have tried very hard to make it the sort of place that we would like to stay in. We have included things which are important to us - like lovely sheets and towels and a stylish kitchen and bathroom (and no country cottage chinz!). However, as we will be neighbours, should you think of anything that you need you can just ask and we will do our best to sort it out for you. Having said that, we want our guests to feel the benefit of the the privacy & seclusion of Clough Wood, so we would absolutely leave you to our own devices, unless you need our help. Outside: Private woodland garden at the rear of the barn. Outside seating and BBQ. Guests are free to explore the 9 acres of woodland and stream. We also have 3 fields, which have a footpath running through them, up towards Thurstonland Village. Utility Room: A washing machine, pot sink and creel for drying clothes are all located in the underneath of the barn. Space available in chest freezer if required. Microwave, baby cups, high chair available if needed. Please ask when booking. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Egyptian cotton bedlinen and fluffy white towels are provided. Cleaning & fresh sheets & towels available if stay is more than one week. Other: Entrance lobby with antique bureau and comfy armchair. Row of hooks and plenty of space for wellies and walking boots.