Villa in Praia Da Luz, Western Algarve, Portugal - Ideal Location, Minutes From The Beach and Sea
The Villa is situated in the heart of this traditional village. Everything you need is a few minutes' walk away...the sea, the beach, the restaurants, the bars, the supermarkets...and yet perfectly private and pretty much unique for the village....read on....
About the Owner
We first went to Portugal some 25 years ago and gradually moved further West as building work continued..and some 15 years ago , came across Praia da Luz,a lovely traditional village with great amenities,restaurants, bars, sufficient shops, banks and medical facilities so a car isn't necessary but there is a regular bus service and taxis to the beautful town of Lagos, 10 minutes away. Some years back , we took the plunge and bought a bit of land and had Casa Tulipa built. Though I say it myself, it is pretty unique in the Village. Close to everything but a little oasis and friends and family and now clients seem to love what it offers. It is very special to me as well and I enjoy trips out there to recharge the batteries and to check that everything is as it should be for a great holiday.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful holiday home.Coming from Australia it was a unique and amazing experience to come into a home that had everything we could want. An absolute delight. Wished we could have stayed longer"
"What a gem of a place this is. It is our first time and I sincerely hope it will not be the last. It feels like home from home, We love Luz and have been many times and have stayed at quite a few places, this is without the best."
"Two bissful weeks at your lovely villa. Our second time of staying and I call it my little piece of heaven/my second home. You have everything that you need on holiday and more to make it all that more special. We have enjoyed using all the balconies. The plunge pool to cooloff and sat downstairs in the shade eating our picnic lunches. We love the atmosphere and that you immediately feel at home. The maid service provided is perfect.."
" Beautiful cottage.even our 17yr old daughter loved it here- not too quiet for her!"
Activity and Interests
The glorious sandy beach of Praia da Luz is less than a 5 minute walk away. Very safe for children, with the added attraction of rock pools at one end of the beach. Water sports are available, including banana rides and windsurfing. There are also a number of horse riding centres in the Luz area, which cater for all ages and levels of skill.AL (licence)166/2013
Faro airport is approx. 55 min. drive. A new section of motorway (A2) opened in June 2003 connecting Faro to Lagos. , toll road, Junction 1 is just 5 kms from the Villa. Regular trains run between Faro and Lagos. The Villa is just a 10-15 min. taxi ride from the train station at Lagos. A car is not required but can be rented in the village for day trips to explore the Algarve. There is plenty of car parking space available for guests immediately outside the villa.
West Coast..45minutes...excellent for surfing
Praia da Luz has excellent facilities for a village. There are lots of restaurants, catering for all tastes, as well as bars, banks, post office. Several supermarkets are tucked away in the back streets. The largest (Baptista) which is a 2 minute walk away offers telephone ordering and free delivery. There is an excellent 24 hour medical facility as well as dentists.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner. 30% nonrefundable deposit required on booking confirmation. Balance due by 6 weeks before arrival. Any breakages must be reported and anything substantial will be charged for. Personal travel insurance is recommended.
Please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
30% of cost due on booking confirmation . Balance due 6 weeks before arrival pl Monies to be transferred on line, details on booking form
30% on booking..balance due 6 weeks before arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Fully tiled en-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with toilet, basin, bath with integrated shower, bidet and large well lit mirror. The fully tiled family bathroom has toilet, basin, bidet, bath and and integrated shower. There is also a cloakroom upstairs.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with twin beds (together), en-suite bathroom, hanging wardrobe, drawers,sliding doors to pool Bedroom 2 with twin beds (together), hanging wardrobe, drawers, sliding doors to front courtyard.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: No Pets. Smoking only outside. Thank you Outside: Small private front courtyard garden. From Bedroom 1 , there are 2 sets of sliding doors which take you to the private plunge pool, private garden area with loungers and a covered pergola where you can escape from the sun and enjoy an al fresco meal. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The linen and towels are included. Towels are changed mid stay..bedlinen on a weekly basis if you are staying 7 plus days but upon request most arrangements can be catered for. Beach towels are also included. Other: Cloakroom upstairs: Fully tiled with toilet, basin and mirror.