Log Cabin in Swanage, Dorset, England - Luxury Accomodation In The Heart Of The Purbecks
A brand new log cabin built in 2013, covering a huge 110 square metres of floor space it has been designed and built to the highest standard. With floor to ceiling double glazed windows and 4 sliding doors onto the veranda you have an over all feeling of space and with the open views to the rear of privacy. Privately owned we are situated in a small development of cabins but with plenty of privacy and no restriction on parking there is no sense of intrusion. We have a hot tub, a large veranda to the rear and side of the cabin with an outside dining area and 2 helicopter chairs, a large barbecue and further outside dining adjacent to sliding doors that lead into the kitchen for real alfresco dining. We are about a 1/2 hour walk to the Blue flag beach in Swanage, 5 minutes to Herston whistle stop for the steam railway which takes you into Swanage or Corfe Castle, or of course you could drive as there is plenty of parking in Swanage. Taxi into town is approx £5 for 4 people.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
(10 traveller reviews)
Amazing place did not want to leave!
We stayed here over Easter and it was fab - beautiful lodge with great outside space and hot tub! Ron is so nice and helpful it helped the weather was also great and lots of things to do in the area then come back to relaxing surrounding we would not hesitate to go back and will! Thanks Ron Tina Norwood
5* Cabin !!
We have just returned from a lovely stay at the log cabin. Ron was a pleasure to deal with and was on hand to answer any questions we had. The cabin was very well equipped and very clean. The outside area had lots of seating options and was also very clean and tidy. We really enjoyed coming back in the evening and chilling out in the hot tub!
We are thinking about returning in the summer it was that nice!
Extremely clean property with everything you could possibly need!
We took my autistic sister away for a short break and wanted it to be peaceful and calm. We couldn't have asked for better! Ron was wonderfully helpful, greeting us on our first day. The cabin was beautifully equipped and clean, and the location was perfect. My sister really enjoyed her stay. She loved the helicopter chairs! We would definitely consider returning. We visited Lulworth Cove, which was lovely and on another day went to Studland Beach which was absolutely beautiful and very close by.
Third visit to the lodge we love the location hot tub view over open fields and steam trains
Property always immaculate with everything you could need. Owner very helpful and local area brilliant beaches pubs and attractions
Activity and Interests
We are about 10 minute drive from the beach and town of Swanage and a similar distance from Studland. Swanage boasts Blue flag status on its town beaches with gently sloping sand and a pedestrian promenade with Punch and Judy in the summer along with paddle boat hire and all the fun of the sea. Studland is exceptional, National Trust and SSI country side, safe beaches and stunning views across to Bournemouth, lovely cafes and lots to explore. Walk to the chain link ferry and see Brownsea Isle.
We would recommend a car or bike to get around, there is so much to see that is not accessible by public transport.
Main train station is Wareham about 10 miles away and you can connect by bus.
Bournemouth is closest airport at about 22 miles.
Poole is about 10 miles away by chain link ferry, well worth it.
Swanage beach 1.5 miles
Corfe Castle, Cromwell tried to blow it up but it still stands, 5 miles.
Wareham, Saxon walled town with some walls still standing, Saturday market on quay. 10 miles.
Lulworth Cove and Durdle dor, in fact whole Jurassic coast, starts at Swanage and goes on for 60 miles.
Tyneham, Requisition during war for training now important visitor attraction 10 miles.
Studland, National Trust and SSI about 2 miles.
Weymouth and Chessil beach, home of 2012 Olympics 25 miles.
Although a small town Swanage has a wealth of top quality restaurants, pubs and fish and chip shops. Don’t scoff at the latter, see the queue outside the chip shop on the Square any day of the week. We prefer the local pubs especially the Kings Arms at Langton Maltraves, about a mile away, continually changing menu, excellent beers and great atmosphere. Also the Scott Arms, recently featured on Country File has a Jamacian menu and the most amazing views of Corfe.
Swanage its self has everything from a Wimpy bar to top class restaurants.
Well served by 2 supermarkets, Lloyds, Nat West and Barclays, numerous artisan bakery’s and veg and health food shops, but perhaps the best butcher in town is in the most unlikely place, in the back of Cost Cutters shop at the far end of the High Street about ½ mile from us. Run by Stan, this proper butcher makes his own sausages and burgers as well as producing some fine quality meats, well worth a visit.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Early Summer 2017
1 Jul 2017 - 19 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
We can accept bookings through Paypal or over the phone; although we may have to ring you back for this. We operate on a first come first served basis, 25% will secure your holiday with the balance due within 28 days of your holiday, or within a week of commencement if less than a month. Less than a month payment is due in full on booking.
Changeover out of high season and school holidays is flexible, other wise it is Saturday. You can arrive after 2 o'clock, and we would appreciate access at 10 o'clock to start cleaning for the next guests on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Discount are available on weekly rates where prices are shown as nightly. Please ask for quote.
We supply all linen, towels and basic toiletries.
Hot tub is checked daily.
All services are included.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- live theatre
- naturist beach
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- 902 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Main bedroom has en-suite with large walk in shower. Second bathroom has bath with shower over and glass screen. We supply towels and basic toiletries.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Double bedroom with en-suite, large well appointed open room with French windows onto balcony. 2 single beds in second room with wardrobe space and TV. Snug with sofa bed sleeps 2, has double doors for privacy and French window onto veranda at rear.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 6
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: We do not accept bookings from stag or hen parties or large single sex groups please. We welcome young children but would ask that they are properly supervised. Outside: We have a reasonable grassed area to one side of the cabin where children can safely play but to the rear and south facing side we have decked this out to provide a more comfortable dining area. We have a covered seating /dining area for 4 to the rear with helicopter chairs to relax in. We also have a private hot tub in this area which seats 4 comfortably. On the south facing side we again have a large decked area with good sized gas barbecue and glass topped table with 4 chairs, this is adjacent to kitchen sliding doors which makes for a great outdoor cooking/eating experience. To the front we have another veranda with small table and chairs, again with sliding doors into the main bedroom, this faces East so is great for an early morning cup of coffee as the sun comes up. Utility Room: Washing machine with built in dryer, iron and board, separate wash basin, hooks for jackets etc. and shoe tidy. Central heating boiler. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: We supply a full set of Egyptian cotton towels for each guest and all beds are made up with Duvets and Egyptian cotton linen. These would normally be changed on a weekly basis but can be changed more frequently for a small extra charge. Other: Snug off main living room which contains double sofa bed. Lovely little room in its own right with French windows onto veranda. Watch the birds swarming over there feeder or just relax with a little privacy.