Villa in Gubbio, Umbria, Italy - Quiet Peaceful Location But Within 2 Hours Of Some Of The Worlds Most Famous Historic Sites
This beautiful detached 3 bedroom (sleep 6) single storey Villa sits in the hills above Gubbio with beautiful panoramic views. With a private swimming pool and a seldom used communal . With a high level of finish inside and out enjoy a luxurious break in the quiet of Umbria or explore Florence, Perugia, Orvieto and Todi. A wide range of restaurants in the near vicity. We provide you with a pre-programmed sat- nav to take you to a wide range of places and with a folder full of information about the area, restaurants, markets and shops
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I am an interior designer and loved the challenge of building and doing the interior design at La Quercia. This is my dream home and I have furnished it from my favourite stores within the UK, USA and Spain . Finally I designed and worked with a friend to have furniture made in Indonesia and shipped over. The result I hope you will agree is a beautiful home which looks authentic and old from the outside, but inside as comfortable in the winter as it is in the summer.
5 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
This was our second visit to this stunning villa. We loved it so much last year we just had to come back. The location is superb with fantastic views of the Italian countryside and the area itself is lovely - within easy reach of Gubbio and Asissi. This year we took a train to Florence which was very easy and visited an eco vineyard where we fell in love with the wine. The villa itself is superb - everything is stylish and the owners have thought of everything you might need - even fresh fruit and veg from the garden. We would definitely recommend it and we are already planning our next visit!
Wow, an absolutely fantastic holiday home!
This holiday home is probably the nicest we have ever stayed in. It is a truly stunning property. Everything about it such as the location, view, decor and facilities were spot on. It is located in a peaceful valley surrounded by countryside, with the beautiful medieval town of Gubbio in the distance. The view from the house is spectacular, and there are a selection of comfortable seating areas in which to sit and admire it from. The house is extremely well equipped especially if you enjoy to cook, with quality crockery, utensils and glasses and lots of extras that you wouldn't normally expect to find in a 'holiday home' The pool is large with very comfortable loungers, you also have access to a tennis court just around the corner.
We would highly recommend this villa, the only negative thing about the holiday was that we had to leave!!
Beautiful villa and a lovely week in Umbria
We had a wonderful week in Umbria this summer.
La Quercia sits in a beautiful setting with amazing views
across the valley to the mountains. Gubbio, which is just out of sight from the villa is a lovely medieval town with shops, restaurants and a must ride cable car (just a cage really).
The villa is beautifully designed and positioned with a pool just below the patio.
We arrived on a bank holiday and very much appreciated you sorting out provisions for us.
Fantastic holiday villa in a glorious location
We were really looking forward to our stay at La Quercia and the reality didn't disappoint. The location was great; we were within 20 minutes' drive of Gubbio, the most beautiful medieval town. We've been there several times before but each time we find it breath-taking. I can only talk in superlatives about the villa; the decor and facilities are stunning - so much so we are trying to source some of the furnishings for our home! Everything was spotless and we really felt we were in our own home from home. We were so impressed we're going to try and visit again next year which we've not done before. We can't recommend this highly enough.
A Special Place.
La Quercia was everything I hoped it would be: beautifully situated, peaceful, off the beaten track, exceptionally well-appointed and furnished, and with its own private swimming pool in lovely gardens. The house is full of personal touches and it is clear that it is a much loved home.
There are many interesting places to visit within an hour's journey and the nearest town, Gubbio, is a delight: there was always something new to discover along the steep, narrow streets.
My only regret was that the week passed too quickly and I had to leave to return home.
beautiful welcoming property
We enjoyed our stay in this property very much. The setting is magical; peaceful and relaxing with lovely views in the distance. Rolling hills in the foreground, with mountains in the background provide some beautiful sunrises. The interior is gorgeous; rustically glamorous, exceedingly comfortable, high quality furnishings and the beds are fantastic. Kitchen very well equipped and easy to cook in. The exterior 'living area' provides a comfortable, partly shaded area to relax with a book and a glass of wine while the BBQ heats up. When we wanted a break from BBQ dinners, we headed to a very good, unpretentious restaurant nearby, Il Panaro. Highly recommended. About 30 mins away, is the ancient town of Fabriano, known for the production of fine art papers, favoured by Michelangelo and contemporary artists around the world. They have a good little paper museum, with interesting displays, and a surprisingly riveting film shown regularly in English that explains the history of paper. Would appeal to children, and curious adults. A good diverting outing from lazing around the pool at La Quercia. Also in the area is a charming, family-run winery called Villa Monte Vibiano (towards Perugia) that offers short jeep tours of the vineyards and ends with a rewarding tasting session. A car is a must.
From the Owner
“We bought the plot in early 2009 and took about 1 year to get the various permissions . The property was finally finished in Summer 2010 and we moved in . We had previously had a flat in Marbella which was changing and was not the same place it had been when we first bought it. We fell in love with view, and later discovered that the surrounding towns and slightly further afield cities were every bit as spectacular as the views. The food is also amazing. The opportunity to build and design exactly what we wanted was a further factor. The silence is wonderful and we sleep really well here , although isolated( we share the estate with 7 other owners) we are not remote and have the best balance of country living with a wide range of town experiences within easy reach.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There is a large number of wineries in the area
This part of Umbria is popular with walkers
For history Gubbio 15 minutes away dates back to 11th Century. Assisi and Perugia are less than an hour away. Orvieto, Todi, Spoletto and Spello are less than 2 hours away. Florence and Rome between 2 and 2 1/2 hours
There are a number of Italian fashion outlets in Umbria, Tuscany and La Marche
Umbria is popilar with foodies and there are a number of food festivals.
Perugia is famous for its Jazz Festival
Fano is on the adriatic coast and is under 1 hour
Ancona is a major port on the Adriatic and is 90 minutes away as are the beach resorts of Rmini and Riccione
Car hire is essential
Perugia airport is 35km
Ancona airport is 94km
Rome and Bologna airports are just under 250km
Gubbio is 10km
Perugia is 35km
Assisi is 50km
Lake Trasemino 90km
Orvieto is 110km
Arrezzo is 96km
Florence is 195km
Rome is 205km
In Gubbio there is a range of restaurants supermarket and clothes shops
There is a local market on Tuesdays and a Farmers market on saturdays
Details on our website
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Apr 2017 - 23 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
24 Jun 2017 - 16 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Your booking is confirmed once a booking form is complete and 50% deposit is taken
There is a damages deposit of £500 which will returned once James has checked our home
Full payment is required 6 weeks before departure
Our preferred changeover day is Saturday
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We are 40 minutes from Perugia airport, 80 minutes from Ancona airport and between 2 and 3 hours from Florence Rome and Bologna . We have incredible views a private swimming pool and a tennis court on the property that is rarely used. We have on the estate 130 acres that you can wander on.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- All 3 bathrooms have showers ensuites , The master bedroom has a tin bath & shower and the second bathroom a bidet
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The Master Bedroom has a Super King Size bed, seating area for 2 and a stone arch leading into the ensuite. The second bedroom has a Super King that can be split into 2 singles and the third bedroom has a King size bed. We also have a travel cot if needed
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The Villa is on a hill . There are steps down to the pool. The road to and from the house is steep but is dry and no problem in the summer. Local flights are to Perugia 40 minutes and Ancona 80 minutes. Rome Florence and Bologna airports are over 2 hours away. The house is newly built as part of an old village comprising of a mill house with 6, 3 bedroom townhouses, a 1 bedroom capella and is set in 130 acres of land. There may be owners or people rental the other accommodation but they have their own pool and our property is fenced off and the living areas not overlooked. Shops and restaurants are about 15 minutes away in Gubbio A brochure full of information is available in the house. You will need a car. Outside: We have a garden terrace by the house with 2 large sofas and dining for 8. The pool terrace has 2 cantilever umbrellas and 6 loungers. There are 3 acres of land within the house, 2 acres are planted as an olive grove with wild meadows and the rest is a landscaped garden fruit and nut grove and vegetable patch. There is a private pool , seldom used shared tennis court and 130 acres to wander in. We have a charcoal ceramic BBQ in which you can grill smoke or even cook pizzas. There is parking for 6 cars on the front drive Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: There are ample towels and sheets. James and Lisa who look after the property when we are not there are available on the end of the phone . The property will be cleaned weekly as will the pool. The sheets and towels changed by them weekly. Other: The outside terrace has 2 large sofas , a dining table to seat 8 which is covered from the sun. The pool terrace has 6 pool loungers There is free unlimited wifi Mobile phone coverage is reasonable.