House in Calvignac, near St Cirq Lapopie, Midi-Pyrenees, France - Situated Above The Valley Of The River Lot With Superb Panoramic Views
The house, Sul Pech, is situated on the outskirts of the medieval village of Calvignac which is set on a dramatic outcrop of rock high above the valley of the River Lot. From its elevated position, the house looks over a patchwork of vineyards, tobacco, sunflower and maize fields which border the poplar-lined river. The Château de Cenevieres and the cliffs over the historic village of St Cirq Lapopie provide a magnificent backdrop to the view. The house occupies an independent position, but is just a short walk into the village and, down the hill, to the river.
About the Owner
Hello, I am Neil. I am a surveyor who has lived and worked in the Lot for the last 22 years. I manage Sul Pech and its lettings for the owners who live in the UK and take their annual family holidays at the house. I live only 10 minutes away, so am always on hand to ensure that you gain the maximum of enjoyment from the house and the wonderful countryside of the area.
Activity and Interests
Nearest airports: Rodez - 1h20, Toulouse - 1h45, Brive - 1h30, Bergerac & Limoges - 2h30.
Calais is approx. 10 hours drive time.
Use of car is essential.
The nearest epicerie/boulangerie is 5 minutes drive away at Cenevieres. Cajarc & Limogne, both 10 minutes drive, offer regular local markets and a full range of shops and restaurants. The area is rich in places of interest, at only 12 Kms is the magnificently preserved village of St Cirq Lapopie which won the 'most beautiful village in France' award in 2012. The prehistoric cave paintings at the Grottes de Pech Merle is at 20 minutes drive, Rocamadour & the caves at Padirac, at 1 hour.
The 2 principal towns of the Lot region are Figeac & Cahors, and just over the border in the Aveyron, Villefranche-de-Rouergue. All within 40 minutes drive of Calvignac and each with its own distinctive architectural character, offer the full complement of culture and history, markets and music festivals, riverside locations and street-side cafes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Mid season 1
24 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% deposit is requested on making your booking. The balance is due 8 weeks before your holiday. Full booking details are supplied at the time of your reservation. Low season heating is charged between 1st October & 30th April.
A comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) should be arranged. Cancellation Charges: Within 4 weeks of holiday date - Full rental will be charged. Within 4 to 8 weeks - 50% of total rental. Over 8 weeks - the 25% deposit is retained.
Changeover day - Saturday : Arrive after 16h00, Depart by 10h00
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- First Floor: En-suite shower room with WC to bedroom 1, En-suite shower room to bedroom 2 with independent WC. Ground Floor: En-suite shower room with WC to bedroom 3, independent bathroom/shower over, independent WC.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: First Floor: Bedroom 1 with double bed (140cm), Bedroom 2 twin beds (can be made as a double), both with access to balcony. Ground Floor: Bedroom 3 with double bed (160cm), Bedroom 4 with twin beds, Bedroom 5 with twin beds.
- Notes on accommodation: The house, with the facility of having living rooms & kitchens at both levels, as well as 4 bathroom/WCs, offers great flexibility when there are large numbers of friends, 2-family groups and also when there are several generations in the party; in fact, when there are smaller groups, even as few as 2 people, given the duplication of the facilities on both levels, you can operate on one level if preferred. The first floor is accessed via wide entrance steps which rise to a covered veranda. The veranda has superb panoramic views over the limestone cliffs of the River Lot valley and the Château de Cenevieres. There are French doors onto this veranda from both the living room and the kitchen. The 2 bedrooms at this level have French doors which open on to a balcony. The ground floor has French doors leading from the living/dining area to the patio for those meals 'en plein air' - where there is a large garden table and chairs, parasols and a BBQ. Outside: The pool, tennis court and the grounds. The pool (heated between 1st May and 1st October) has its own paved terrace and lawns with sun loungers & Parasols. The pool measures 12 x 6 m plus steps. It has a security alarm system and a fence can be erected when requested if there are young children in the party. Beyond the immediate pool area are the grounds which to one side has a group of cherry and plum trees, ideal for snoozing in the shade on the hammock, and to the other side, a tennis court and a more open area where children (and adults!) can play. Adjacent to the house is an open barn with covered parking for 3 cars. Also provided are 6 bikes, table tennis and basket ball. Utility Room: There is a laundry area with washing machine and separate tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen is provided, please bring your own towels.