Bungalow @ Maul, Rosscarbery, Cork, Ireland - "An Radharc Alainn" 3 Mins Drive From Rosscarbery Town Centre (incl. Shops, Restaurants, Bars & Hot
An Radharc Alainn (translated Beautiful site). If you are looking for your dream holiday home, then look no further. This house is situated in quite & unique surroundings, enjoying a southerly aspect & captivating all day sunshine. Rosscarbery & district is unsurpassed for its natural beauty and our house, located on a large, private & elevated site takes full advantage of this wonderful scenery, providing breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and a commanding view of Rosscarbery town & the high steeple of St. Fachtna’s cathedral. The house is bright and spacious with large picture windows in both bedrooms & Lounge taking full advantage of the peaceful view of Rosscarbery Bay.
About the Owner
(1 traveller reviews)
Review of Stay in Rosscarbery
I am a soft southerner from the UK, so what I say is from that perspective.
We were the last users of the house so there may have been plans to improve the service, but:
The bells at the front door did not work. This was a problem only for the Ronans when we were staying there.
There were two light bulbs that needed replacing, so it was unduly dark.
In the kitchen the freezer hadn’t been checked by the owner so that there were frozen chips on one shelf. There were cobwebs in some of the crockery cupboards, and where there were storage jars these hadn’t been cleaned out.
In the bedroom the hairdryer was so old that it produced a maximum of 400 watts. If you didn’t want to be all night drying your hair then take your own hairdryer.
We used the fires in the sitting room and in the kitchen/diner. The wood-burning stove in the kitchen produced a lot of heat, but it got cold very quickly when the fire went out. This suggests that there was little or no loft insulation (300 mm recommended) and no cavity wall insulation. The hot water pipes were unlagged so the water got cold quickly when the tap was switched on.
The oil boiler in the garage was old. The utility area includes an old cooker now not used. It would be an ideal place for a replacement boiler which would provide both hot water and heating.
There was no inventory.
Activity and Interests
Blue Flag Warren Beach 2 mins driving distance
Glandore Sailing lessons 10 mins driving distance
Dolphin & Whale watching trips from Union Hall
Cork 68 km Ferries :-
Shannon 240 km Rosslare – Pembroke 290 km Irish
Dublin 330 km Dublin – Holyhead 330 km
Rosscarbery Town 5 mins driving distance
Glandore 10 mins
Clonakilty Town 15 mins
Skibbereen Town 15 Mins
Kinsale 50 mins
Cork City 50 Mins
Facilities & Out door pursuits:-
On offer in Rosscarbery are:- Golf, Pitch & Putt, Golf Driving Range, Canoeing, Paddle Boats, Surfing, Children’s Play Ground, Tennis Courts. The latest addition to the activities is Smugglers Cove”Golf Adventure Centre” which has been launched this year.
Further attractions are >>Michael Collins Birth Place, Michael Collins Memorial Park
Model Railway Village where a trip on the Tschu Tschu Road Train is a must for children. For the archaeologist, there are numerous megalithic tombs, stone circles and standing stones,
Ring Forts. Drombeg Stone Circle, being the most visited archaeological
site in Munster.
The world famous Old Head of Kinsale Golf course is just a 50 min driving distance.
Rosscarbery is regarded as the premier holiday resort in the Southwest of Ireland.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% Booking Deposit required. Balance payable on arrival.
Deposit refunded if booking cancelled within 4 weeks of arrival
Saturday in Peak Season preferably but we can convenience guests on other days if requested
Notes on prices:
April - May,June & Sept – 400.00 Euro/week + electricity charged as per unit used.
June – July - August = 600.00 Euro/week + electricity charged as per unit used.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Tourist Attractions
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with bath & Separate shower cubicle + electric shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 Kingsize Bed Bedroom 2 Double Bed Bedroom 3 Twin Beds Bedroom 3 Twin Beds
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- 1 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: Margaret the proud owner meets & greets you on arrival. She take great care to personally ensure that we are made to feel very welcome to a home that is comfortable, superbly equipped, relaxing and spotlessly clean. Margaret will advise you on all activities and places of interest to visit in Rosscarbery & district. Outside: Large outdoor patio area with garden furniture Sloped garden with shrubs Utility Room: Washing machine Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: linen & towels are supplied at no extra cost. Property cleaned after guests vacate. Where guests have more that a weekly stay fresh linen & towels are supplied on a weekly basis. Other: Entrance via Sun Room with large picture windows Large outdoor patio area with garden furniture A separate garage offers guests storage for surfboards, Kayaks, bicycles, fishing tackle etc