House in Mount, nr. Bodmin, Cornwall, England
Set within the small hamlet of Mount, just on the edge of Bodmin Moor, Rosevean is a modern semi-detached house providing spacious and comfortable accommodation. Positioned in the middle of Cornwall, it provides the ideal base for touring the whole of the County - both North Coast (Newquay, Padstow, Port Issac, Polzeath) and South Coast (Looe, Polpero, Fowey). This is a quiet, peaceful base for your holiday all year round, especially during the peak season. Walking from Rosevean is excellent with many Moorland and Farmland walks. Turn right out of the front door down the road to the bottom of the hill through beautiful farmland to the river. Turn left up the road to the cattle grid and you are on the Moor. With both the rugged Moorland and the stunning views across lush green valleys of farmland this is a beautiful unspoilt part of Cornwall. Cycling from Rosevean, you can explore the miles of country lanes that surrounds Rosevean.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
There is a pub & shop 2.5 miles away at St Neot. Bodmin, with all amenities, including various large supermarkets is 6 miles.
Bodmin Moor, bisected by the newly expanded A30 is home to one of Cornwalls Areas of Oustanding Natural Beauty. Reaching a height of 1,377 feet above sea level at Brown Willy, Cornwalls highest point. The heather covered granite moorland provides East Cornwall with the most stunning country views and rugged walks. Near Blisland you will find two of Cornwalls stone circles, the Trippet Stones and Stripple Stone Henge and just round the corner, one end of the famous Camel Trail. The 18 mile Camel Trail follows the route of the old railway along traffic free paths, providing a fairly flat cycle through Bodmin and Wadebridge out to Padstow, eminently suitable for families.
The National Lobster Hatchery at Padstow neighbours Rick Steins empire on the North Coast. The Bodmin and Wenford Railway, the first steam operated railway in Cornwall, takes in 13 miles of countryside. Also just outside Bodmin is the Camel Valley Vineyard who have been winning awards for their home grown wine for the past 20 years. The National Trust have three properties nearby Lanhydrock House, Trerice and Carnewas and Bedruthan Steps. Slightly further afield is the Eden Project in St Austell.
North Cornwall is as famous for its rugged coastline as it is for its surfing. You can hire surf boards and equipment from Polzeath, up as far as Bude and Widemouth Bay. Boscastle is the only natural harbour for 20 miles and at low tides and certain weather conditions you can find a blowhole at the mouth of the harbour. Tintagel brings with it legends of King Arthur and the remains of Tintagel Castle can be visited on foot. Nearby Camelford is rumoured to be the Camelot of legends past, and the finding of 'Arthurs Stone' in 1998 has only fuelled these myths. On Bodmin Moor, Dozmary pond is thought to contain Arthur's Excalibur, and Merlin is thought to be still found walking under Tintagel Island.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Rosevean normally sleeps up to 8 people, but can accommodate (2 extra children) up to 10 with the use of a double sofa bed at a small additional cost of £50 per person per week.
Short breaks are available during quieter periods.
£100 security deposit is required.
Arrival/departure is a Sunday, but can also be a Thursday outside the peak season.
Notes on prices:
A 10% discount is available for a couple staying outside peak season.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground Floor: Cloakroom with WC. First Floor: Ensuite shower room to master double bedroom. Large family bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, WC and basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps max. 8 adults + 2 children (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 -Master double bedroom with a kingsize bed. Bedroom 2 double bedded room Bedroom 3 twin bedded room with 2 additional pull-out guest beds. Sofa bed in living room.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Heating is via oil fired central heating. The kitchen has a range of equipment. There is an electric oven and hob, a microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge / freezer, dishwasher and washer / drier. The sitting room area has a TV & DVD player. There is an iron & ironing board. There is WiFi available at the property. Electricity and heating are all included. Up to 2 well behaved dogs are permitted (in the kitchen ONLY) at a small additional cost of £25 per dog / per week. We regret no smoking is permitted at Rosevean. There is a telephone box 25 yds from the property. A cot & high chair are available upon request. Outside: Private back garden, with gates/ fences so secure for small children. A patio area to the rear with external furniture & BBQ facilities. Games room in garage at the end of garden with pool table and dartboard. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels, tea towels are all included. Other: A study room with with TV/ DVD + computer Games. Selection of toys