Farmhouse in St Pierre de Maille, Vienne, France - Peaceful Location With Lots Of Local Attractions
The gite has six bedrooms all en-suite, a spacious farmhouse kitchen and a large sitting room with UK freeview channels. Set up to be a home from home with all you need to make your holiday fun and stress free. As well as being fully equipped the property has both a dishwasher and a washing machine.
Outside there is a 10x5m pool for your exclusive use with enough loungers for everyone. There are also outdoor seating and dining facilities for 14 with a barbecue and court yard area. You have use of a large garden with lawned areas and extensive views of the surrounding countryside. There is a children's play area with swings slide and a climbing frame. We also have a farm animal area, great for the kids, where you can visit and feed our animals, the chickens can provide you with their lovely fresh eggs. If people want to help get involved with the animals they are more than welcome!
Our house is on site and we are available if you want to book restaurants, days out or if you want information on the area. We do have a full visitor attraction book which we keep up to date with all events on during your stay here. Outside of the peak summer season we run the property as an award winning B and B, you can find us on booking.com to read reviews about the property.
The property has two staircases one leads to three double bedrooms and the other leads to a twin and double room. On the ground floor is the family room which has a double bed and a bunk bed. Each bedroom has its own ensuite facilities with a toilet, sink and shower, the family room benefits from a bath with a shower. We are surrounded by beautiful countryside making this the perfect place to relax and unwind. The village boasts a very good restaurant offering a great value lunch deal and there is also a mini supermarket, a baker, post office, hairdresser and bar.
Inside the property there are a selection of books, games and DVD's at your disposal. We also have a set of boules and outdoor games in the children's play area. The adjoining village is officially listed as one of the most beautiful villages in France. Just 3km from us it has the beautiful ruins of a chateau, 6 restaurants and a visitor centre which illustrates the villages prehistoric roots having been inhabited since 15000BC.
About the Owner
We came to live in France in 2006 for a complete change of lifestyle, we love living here and welcome people to come and share our little haven of fruit, veg, animals and kids! We have three children who will give you the guided tour and tell you were to get your eggs and feed the pigs if you fancy. Living in this gentle rural community is a real pleasure, we really enjoy all of the seasons and depending on when you visit us your experience will be different. Spring here is generally glorious with its fair share of sunshine and showers. Summer is a hive of activity and there's always lots of things to see and do. Autumn really is a time of abundance with all of the harvest fruits, nuts and berries and our cold Winters here are perfect for wrapping up warm and going out for a long walk
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thanks for a great holiday We had a wonderful time, the place was ideal for us and had plenty of space for everyone.
What a contrast from our daily life, so relaxing, I don't think our kids will forget all of the animals, and so handy with all of the local restaurants if you don't want to cook.
We want to say that the owners Debs and Martyn managed to find the perfect balance of being there when we needed them, warm friendly and welcoming whilst at the same time leaving us to get on with our holiday in Peace. We would recommend Molante Farm to friends and definitely recommend the lunch menu at the village restaurant - what a bargain!
From the Owner
“We moved to this village in 2006 and we had a town house but always wanted more land and space - having made friends locally we were reluctant to move to far away as this community has really welcomed us. When this rural property came on to the market, on the outskirts of our village, we were the first to view it and we made an offer on it immediately. The property had not been inhabited for 15 years and needed completely restoring. We have built, decorated, planted and landscaped our little hearts out to try to make this a beautiful place for you to stay whilst exploring this part of France which we enjoy so much. Depending on when you decide to visit us we will do our utmost to make it a great family holiday for you . Outside of the peak summer season we run the gite as a B and B and have won an award for excellence. We love meeting people and hearing their stories and welcoming them to our little slice of France.”
Activity and Interests
Use of a car is recommended. Car hire is available at the train stations and airports. Our nearest airports are Poitiers, Limoges and Tours, Paris is 1h45mins on the TGV and the nearest train stations are Chatellerault and Poitiers - both on the TGV line. If driving it takes approximately four and a half hours from Le Havre, Dieppe and Caen. La Rochelle port is two and a half hours away and is the closest ports to us. The drive from Calais and the channel tunnel takes 6-7hours.
We are very close to Angles sur L'Anglin - one of the most beautiful villages in France. St Pierre de Maille sits on the river gartempe and there is a beautiful beach made alongside the river with a café bar, children's play area, canoe hire and barbecues five minutes drive from here or alternatively we can let you know small riverside spots to swim. This area is steeped in history and there are many places to visit. We have an up to date visitors book which details all the places of interest.
We are in the village of Saint Pierre de Maille where there is a well stocked village shop, a bakers, a hair dressers, a Post office, a bar and a good restaurant. There are several large supermarkets and lots of local villages have market days which are great to visit and full of local seasonal produce.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
14 Apr 2017 - 14 Jul 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
15 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£600|
To book we require that you have read and agree to our terms and conditions. To confirm your booking we take a 25% deposit and the holiday is to be paid in full 8 weeks prior to departure. Last minute bookings (less than 8 weeks before the holiday) must be paid in full.
During the months of July and August changeover day is Saturday. Check in is after 2pm and check out is before 10am, outside of these months we can normally be more flexible about days and times.
Notes on prices:
Prices are given in pounds sterling.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“This village is beautiful, it sits on the river Gartempe and has 7 chateaux. Our property is the old farm of a chateau and whilst it feels like it is in the middle of nowhere it is only two minutes in the car or a ten minute walk to the shop and bakers. The closest next village is the famous Angles sur L'Anglin - known as one of the most beautiful villages in France with the ruins of a medieval castle and a museum about the ancient caves inhabited since 15000BC in the area. The gite has 6 bedrooms four doubles, a twin and a family room which has a double and a bunk bed. Each room is ensuite. The pool is for your exclusive use only and you have a private garden. There is a childrens' play area and a farm yard area with an array of animals to see; gerty goat, percy pig & Terence tortoise”
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- autumn foliage
- water parks
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Each bedroom has its own individual en-suite with a shower, sink and toilet so our guests don't have to share. Bedroom 6 also has a bath with a shower over the top. All of our bath and hand towels are provided free of charge and are refreshed weekly.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All of our bedrooms have bedside tables with lamps, a wardrobe, occasional seating a chest of drawers & all bed linen is provided. Bedroom 1: Double bed, bedroom 2: Twin room, Bedroom 3, 4, 5 are doubles & Bedroom 6 is a family room with a double & bunk-b
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Our aim is to make your holiday here a truly memorable one for you and your family. The accommodation is well equipped and you can let us know if you have any particular requirements and we will aim to cater to all of your needs. We have high-chairs and sterilisers, toys for different age groups and heaps of ideas to fill your holiday with fun. The property has two staircases, the first leads to bedroom 1(double) and 2(twin). The second staircase gives access to bedrooms 3, 4 and 5 all of which are doubles, bedroom 6 is situated on the ground floor with a double and bunk bed for a family. As an additional service I am a UK qualified beautician and can offer waxing, manicures, pedicures, facials and massages. We can also provide meals on arrival if required or some nights if you just don't fancy cooking choose from our options and relax and enjoy eating outside on the terrace or inside the property. We try to incorporate our home grown seasonal produce into the menu. Outside: The property has its own private parking area, in front of the house is a large gravelled terrace area with sufficient outdoor seating for 14 for eating 'al fresco'. Around the property there is occasional seating so you can enjoy different areas of the outdoor space for reading, relaxing and enjoying the views. The pool is 10m by 5m and is for your exclusive use. we have 14 sun loungers around the decked pool area so that everyone has their own. Sun shades and tables are also provided. There's a large private garden for your use, a farm yard area with a pig, chickens, a tortoise and bunnies. There is also a communal children's play area. The outdoor of the property is for your enjoyment as much as the inside and the beautiful weather means you can use this space for your holiday for eating, playing, relaxing and soaking up the calm relaxed atmosphere of rural France. A real haven for wildlife with unspoilt countryside with deer, wild boar, red squirrels, and much much more... Utility Room: Our utility has a separate downstairs toilet and sink. It has a hoover with replacement bags, dust-pan and brush, broom, duster, dish cloth, bucket, floor cloth, waste bin and liners, iron and ironing board, a clothes horse and a laundry basket. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included free of charge. The property is cleaned weekly and all sheets and towels are changed at this point. Pool towels can be hired. We have travel cots available for your use and we can provide bedding if required.