Cottage nr Ironbridge, Shropshire, England - Luxury Furnishings, Outstanding Views
A charming 18th century grade II listed holiday cottage with luxury furnishings just 2 miles from both Ironbridge Gorge and Much Wenlock. Sleeping up to 5 people, it sits in a prominent position on the on the lowers slopes of Tick Wood, commanding wonderful views towards Wrekin Hill. The Shropshire Hills are on your doorstep and there are numerous sites of historical interest just a short drive away.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
"Just perfect. Home from Home. In fact better than home."
"The best accommodation by far in the 4 months that we have travelled the UK."
G,G &family, Tasmania.
"The best place that we have ever stayed in. Lovely features. Large well kept garden."
5 based on 2 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely cottage for weekend
We had a great stay, the owners are very friendly, but leave you alone to do your own thing. The cottage is on a fairly busy road but quite isolated, there is no pub or village to walk to, but this was not a problem for us, we just drove to various places.
It is a great location for Ironbridge, Blists hill etc. We also enjoyed the Xmas market in Much Wenlock, which was recommended by Rachel (the owner of the property).
It was lovely and warm, very well equipped and a real home from home.
They also have a friendly cat next door who will happily come in settle down if given any encouragement!
In summary, it was great for us and we would happily return. One of the nicest places we have stayed.
Activity and Interests
Ironbridge just over 2 miles away. Much Wenlock just over 2 miles away.
A Welcome Pack is provided including freshly baked bread, jam, butter, eggs, tea, coffee and milk. Free Wi-Fi is provided throughout your stay. The cottage adjoins the owners own property who have provided a number of little touches to ensure your privacy.
The cottage is set back from the road on the A4169, which although can get busy at peak times, the double glazing throughout the property keeps any road noise to a minimum during these times.
There are small grocery stores in nearby Much Wenlock including a butchers. Doctors and petrol filling station in Much Wenlock also. Large supermarkets can be found in and around Telford town centre, just a 5-10 minute drive away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Nov - Dec
30 Oct 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
IMPORTANT – HOUSE RULES
The age and gender of all members of the party should be supplied at time of booking.
Toddlers should sleep in the bed/bedding supplied. Should a toddler be likely to end up in the bed with parents, please advise beforehand.
Visitors are welcome but are restricted to one car only. More than 1 car from MUST be agreed prior to booking.
The property is suitable for supervised young children as with a terraced garden with steps, toddlers unsupervised are at risk of accident and injury.
If you would like to make a reservation a non refundable 25% deposit is required with the balance paid 28 days prior to arrival. If you are booking within 28 days of arrival payment in full is required.
The property is for holidays/tourism only. No trade bookings permitted.
Cancellations - cancelling guest will receive no refund if cancellation occurred with 28 days of the start date. For this reason we strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance.
Saturday during peak periods. More flexibility can be offered during mid & low season. Arrival after 3pm, departure before 10am.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Luxurious downstairs bathroom with roll top bath. Complete with W/C and separate shower.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Family room with one king-size bed plus one single. Cot also provided. Luxury sink/basin in family room. Second double bedroom with countryside views from it's dual aspect windows.
- Notes on accommodation: A Welcome Pack is provided including freshly baked bread, jam, butter, eggs, tea, coffee and milk. Free Wi-Fi is provided throughout your stay. The cottage adjoins the owners own property who have provided a number of little touches to ensure your privacy. Seasonal activities for children on request. The cottage is set back from the road on the A4169, which although can get busy at peak times, the double glazing throughout the property keeps any road noise to a minimum during these times. Outside: Dine alfresco on the pretty private rear patio with views over the fields to Tick Wood. A unique BBQ is provided built from the ruins of a former animal shelter. The terraced front gardens are well kept and a delight in spring and summer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and towels provided. Other: Cot and highchair provided. Children's art/craft sessions to give parents a break provided by the cottage owners (next door). Treasure Hunt style quizzes too are available on request.